• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Halloween macro :-)

O

Old Man of UO

I tired making an EC macro for Trick or Treating... and could never get it to work beyond just a simple "say - Trick Or Treat" macro. Any suggestions, what am I doing wrong?

My macro -
Say - Trick or Treat
Wait for Target
Target Nearest Friendly (or Next, or any other did not work to automatically target an NPC)

F

Fink

Target Nearest Friendly
Whisper "Trick or Treat"
Wait For Target
Cursor Target Current

Target Next Friendly
Whisper "Trick or Treat"
Wait For Target
Cursor Target Current

Target Next Friendly
Whisper "Trick or Treat"
Wait For Target
Cursor Target Current

Target Next Friendly
Whisper "Trick or Treat"
Wait For Target
Cursor Target Current

Target Next Friendly
Whisper "Trick or Treat"
Wait For Target
Cursor Target Current

Target Next Friendly
Whisper "Trick or Treat"
Wait For Target
Cursor Target Current

Does 6 NPCs in under a second.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Nice macro Fink I have one like that to .... Great minds I guess ;-)

R

Radix

I tired making an EC macro for Trick or Treating... and could never get it to work beyond just a simple "say - Trick Or Treat" macro. Any suggestions, what am I doing wrong?

My macro -
Say - Trick or Treat
Wait for Target
Target Nearest Friendly (or Next, or any other did not work to automatically target an NPC)
I've gone mad also with these type of macros, i think there is a conceptual (think it's the word) problem with the TARGET macros, target next/nearest blah blah and Cursor target current look close, but this is not the same, first group only change your current target, i mean, don't trigger the action, only change the target, if you want that the macro USE that target, need the last, the one Fink added.
Devs should change this a little to evade missunderstanding.
Did i explain myself?? ;)
I do my best with my english, sorry

R

Radix

In the macro section I posted a macro that some of you may want to use while doing the Halloween event!

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?p=1457279#post1457279

Enjoy!
I think, to even do a shorter macro, you dont need to open the corpse to get the essence (last part), only using the plant over corpses works, it goes straight to your backpack if you are lucky.

Altough if you want to loot gold and so it's perfect, but most people kill the junk mobs of graveyards to get other rewards also.

F

Fink

I've gone mad also with these type of macros, i think there is a conceptual (think it's the word) problem with the TARGET macros, target next/nearest blah blah and Cursor target current look close, but this is not the same, first group only change your current target, i mean, don't trigger the action, only change the target, if you want that the macro USE that target, need the last, the one Fink added.
Devs should change this a little to evade missunderstanding.
Did i explain myself?? ;)
I do my best with my english, sorry
I think I understand. :)

I feel there's something backward about targeting. More often than not I've found having the target selected before you need it works better than the more intuitive order of action first, target second. One thing I do like is, with most simple actions such as casting a spell on a current target, if there is no current target you get a target cursor.

O

Old Man of UO

I think I understand. :)

I feel there's something backward about targeting. More often than not I've found having the target selected before you need it works better than the more intuitive order of action first, target second. ...
Ahh... this starts to make sense, thinking of it that way.