• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Halloween Help Please!

Y

Yen Sid

Can someone that has done the Jared Quest please post a walkthrough. I have started it but I am completely lost lol. I went to the workshop cave place after putting the note together and looked at the journal and thats pretty much where I got stuck. I tried going to the Hag, she tells me to bring a sample of something or other, I read the book near her, looked for Moon Grass but didn't find any (don't know if thats part of the chain or not), looked in the Ice Dungeon, nothing, looked in Shame, nothing. I could really use a step by step guide and the thread in UOHall didn't really help me either lol.

E

Eyes of Origin

Yen, after you read the journal, double click the cauldron in the middle of the cave room... take the potion to the Hag and go from there... icq me if you need any other help.

Y

Yen Sid

Yen, after you read the journal, double click the cauldron in the middle of the cave room... take the potion to the Hag and go from there... icq me if you need any other help.
Wow, can't believe I couldn't even think of that lol. Thanks Morg.

Falseprophet

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm having a bit of trouble finding quest NPC's other than carl anyone care to give me a little help. I ran through despise and shame as thoroughly as I could but couldn't find any others

Y

Yen Sid

I'm having a bit of trouble finding quest NPC's other than carl anyone care to give me a little help. I ran through despise and shame as thoroughly as I could but couldn't find any others
I also ran through shame and saw nothing unusual. Went to the tower w/ the red mages, killed them all and there was nothing else in the tower. I also went to ice, ran through the entire thing (I think) and saw nothing out of the ordinary. Maybe I am looking in the wrong spots but I think they are right lol.

E

Eyes of Origin

After reading your post I went running through the dungeons and only found Carl as well.. maybe they forgot to put them into game like they forgot the mystic spellscrolls? lol If anyone has found them, could you please post it before it gets reported as a bug?

L

Lord Drakelord

Can someone that has done the Jared Quest please post a walkthrough. I have started it but I am completely lost lol. I went to the workshop cave place after putting the note together and looked at the journal and thats pretty much where I got stuck. I tried going to the Hag, she tells me to bring a sample of something or other, I read the book near her, looked for Moon Grass but didn't find any (don't know if thats part of the chain or not), looked in the Ice Dungeon, nothing, looked in Shame, nothing. I could really use a step by step guide and the thread in UOHall didn't really help me either lol.
Moon Grass can be found near and in the grave yards

-Jasper (Yew Court House)
Tell him you like to assist and then follow the clues he gives you to see Eliza.

-Eliza (Minoc Tinker)
Talk to her about the lab and her husband, you have to let know Jasper sent you.

-Tomas (Trinsic Tinker's Guild)
He needs to know you from Eliza.

-Alana (Minoc Gypsy Camp)
Gather the torn up note, once you have all 5 pieces, double click one to put it together, then you can read it. The note will get you pass the guardian of the Lab, some guy named "Tiny".

-Cave (Minoc Mining Camp)
Its hear you will fine the gray skull and use the pass word Loki I beleve to enter the lair of the Lab, Tiny will not allow you to enter till you show him the note. Be sure to read the book on the table for the clue to see the hag, and then double click the cauldon to get a bottle to gather the essence you will need.

-Hag (West of Britain, South of Yew)
you will fine a table and book at her house the table is needed when you have gather all she ask. Read the book then get moongrass at the graveyards and go kill stuff. I manage to get the four require crystal like things killing the orgers in Despise. [I forget what they were called and you cannot pass them to people as they quest items] when you have four double click one to get the morphing, double click it to transform yourself to a monster, in this mode you will see red sparkly, bump into them till your bottle is filled once filled return to the hag, use the table to complete the recipe and talk to the hag.

If you get a red crystal that your first costume, five more will get you another costume, five more, another.

The blue crystal are to heal the NPC, they are the ones above that we seek to get the fancy robe. From all I see that will be a long quest to complete, seems you need more then one blue to heal the NPC so gather all you can before looking for one of those, was no timer on them that I saw, so you should be ok.

The yellow crystal I seen here at Stratics is to summon some sort of MOB that going to be a pain to kill and even then if you don't get enough damage on it you may not get the other robe they speak of.

Falseprophet

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok I found the two in the mage tower in Shame. and also discovered the reason we didnt see them earlier. When I first saw them and ran in, there was a "yellow" corpse on the floor. something killed an invulnerable???

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Going to spoil locations of those I have found. I have not gotten any robes anywhere except test, So I may be asking for help later.

I am having fun running around and trying to figure out locations though.

carl-Orc dungeon lvl3 near the brute
Ishmael-Ice dungeon, in the rooms with the fiend behind the cave entrance
The twins- Mage tower one in shame
Leto in the ant queen chamber down on the lowest sw portion of that map
Jerod-? still not found

I would ask if we can confirm that essence is available in ALL dungeons, including ML. I have not checked any of those dungeons, Jerod could be in them as we now all have access, but I cant think of a place in them appropriate to his last journal entry.

S

Slim29

The robes you get from killing the Harbringer using the yellow crystal do not drop every time. Based on my tests, they are only dropping about 30 - 40% of the time. It takes about 45 - 50 blue crystals to heal up Carl etc. to get the robe. It takes a long time and they also take a few hours to reset. This will limit the overall number of robes available even if you have enough crystals to complete it. I also noticed that the crystals you collect are only usable by that character. I'm not sure if this was intended, but it eliminates the potential sale of these crystals to other players as they would only be useful for decoration. Any guesses as to what the new robes will be worth? I have 3 from the blue crystal quest, and a couple more from the Harbringer. I'm getting tired of collecting crystals.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think a better question would be are all robes the same, I have seen 2 versions. And no one has found jerod yet.

S

Slim29

The robes are not the same although they have the same name. The blue crystal quest robe has Mana Regen 2, Defense Chance Increase 5%, and an additional property of 140 luck. The robe received from the Harbringer has Mana Regen 2 and Defense Chance Increase 5%.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I hate these text based things...

What do i say to Tomas? How do I know I am advancing? I get no torn note from Alana.

Where is the lab? I have been to the mines near Minoc, they just have juveniles in them.

Who gives the crystals and how/when?

thanks

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
You need to say "letter" to the Tinker Eliza in Minoc. She will give you a letter to take to Tomas. Drop the letter on Tomas, then follow his prompts, words that start with a capital letter.

I'll see if I can post a walk through tonight and work on it on a different character

Falseprophet

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

What do i say to Tomas? How do I know I am advancing? I get no torn note from Alana.

Where is the lab? I have been to the mines near Minoc, they just have juveniles in them.

thanks
Go to Jasper at the court of truth (In Yew) say "assist" then say "Eliza" after that go to the Minoc tinker and say "letter" to Eliza (she gives you a letter) take the letter to Tomas and drop it on him, and say "gypsies". Go to Alana and say "note" then pick up the five note pieces scattered around camp (some are hard to find press <Ctrl>+<Shift> to make it easier). When you have all five, combine them and read the note. then go to the upper level of the Minoc mine to the skull and say "Loki", drop the note on Tiny and go in the door and read the book. double click the cauldron.

Go out and go to the hag drop the cauldron flask on her and say cure and any other Capitalized word. she eventually tells you to read the book on her desk (it's green) double click the flask beside it. Then your best bet is to go to Deceit dungeon (because the moongrass grows in that dungeon) and kill anything that moves and "use" the moongrass on it. you will eventually get 4 residues from it. combine these and then double click the product. depending on what creatures you killed to get the residue you will become some kind of a monster.

As a monster you will see these glowing red orbs, just walk on them and collect them (takes five to fill the soul flask) when its full go to the hags lab and use the flask in your pack and target her alchemists table. you get either a red, yellow, or blue crystal. red, take it to Tomas to get a Halloween costume (1st one takes 1 after that 5), blue are used to heal the "changed" NPC's (Carl, Jared, Leto ......) the yellow is to summon the Harbinger

Sorry if this is too spastic (lol) i just got off work and am VERY tired if i missed anything let me know also i just wrote down what you have to say, not all that you can say to the NPC's

Mark Trail

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tomas? Give him the letter from Eliza (drag/drop)

Not? Run around the gypsy camp and double click the 5 pieces of "a torn note"

Lab? Go to the upper Minoc mining cave, stand near the skull, say the secret password in the note.

You've only just begun...

Read the hag's green book twice carefully.

Go to the Brit graveyard and pick a sprig of moon grass. timed 600 seconds.

Go to any hunting spot and kill stuff. Use moon grass on any corpse. About 10 kills per piece of corporeal essence, you need 4, the moon grass will run out so you need more.

4 corporeal essence combine into one big piece that you use to transform yourself into a random monster, usually you get a troll. TIMED

Get a soul harvester from the alchemy table at the hag's hut. Then off you go to your favorite dungeon...

You are immune to monsters so you can walk around dungeons alive and bump into red lights. Need about 6 or 8 or them to fill the soul harvester.

Back to the hag. Get a crystal from her, I got blue random color.

D

Drawde2

Jared sounded like a lizardman at the end of his journal, so try looking for him near them? Didn't see him in the dungeon north of Britain (forgot which that is). Maybe he'll show up on halloween?

E

Eyes of Origin

Still havent found Jared anywhere :(

You only need 5 red sparkles to fill the flask tho

Y

Yen Sid

I thought he sounded like a lizardman at the end of the journal as well but I didn't see him in Despise at all. And yeah, 5 red sparkles fills the soul harvester. My record is 9 crystals in 1 essence form. Anyone do any better? :mf_prop:

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought he sounded like a lizardman at the end of the journal as well but I didn't see him in Despise at all. And yeah, 5 red sparkles fills the soul harvester. My record is 9 crystals in 1 essence form. Anyone do any better? :mf_prop:
not better, but I did tie you twice today. Now I have incentive, lol.

F

Frodo94

Can Anyone Help Me I Need To Find Jared Does Anyone Know were he is ?

please post or send me a private message ??

PLEASE

thankyouu

K

kristypl

I would like to know as well, please ICQ or pm me
ICQ 261139258

E

Eyes of Origin

mm looks like hes near a swamp area also.. but not sure.. lizardmen spawn in Despise.. in Tokono, north outside Brit... just to name a few places

E

Eyes of Origin

exactly! ;) i posted a pic in a new thread showing where he was :)

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

thanks

Look at what they say. I figured out the keywords from the Words in the Sentence that had Capital letters where there shouldn't be. See? Those are the keywords, just do it a paragraph at a time and repeat each word back one at a time.

The only exceptions are peoples names; just repeat those back anyway.