• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hall of Tamers

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was inspired by a house I saw on the Homes and Castles forum, so I began with that basic layout and tweaked it to what the hall would need.

A large 8-tier stairway that wraps around the entire building, with a 1-tier step onto the second level veranda.

1st Floor: Auction Hall--Seating 58 comfortably, with a teleport-only auction table and storage room.

2nd Floor:
Library & Veranda

3rd Floor: Library

Roof: Small, scenic balcony.

The two rooms for the libraries may seem small, but they're open to the outside and hold 259 runebooks.

Right now, it's on TC1 and I'm still looking for ways to expand the library and bring in some more natural elements. It's in its tweaking stages :)

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

1st Floor: Auction Room (Stage w. fence + tele for total security)

2nd Floor: Veranda & 1st Level of the Library

3rd Floor: 2nd Level of the Library

Roof: Scenic Terrace (brown tiles were just me marking where benches would be)

--
In it's current stage, the Auction Hall seats 50 with room along the wall and the Library will be able (with each stack holding seven books) to hold 280 books.

Each half-wall you see there will be a gaza, majong board and lantern to create a pedestal effect. Between those pedestals will be flower boxes, and random vines will adorn the walls. Eventually I'll get myself a Contribution Statue to put in once it's on a "live" server.

The gaza mat colors will be better, I'm just doing it as a rough, quick sketch.

What do you guys think so far? I wish I knew the person's name who did the house that inspired me, but their name just shows as 'Guest' in that old thread.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very cool design.
Are you planning on building this on Catskills after you get the basic layout done on TC1?

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yup :) I'm looking to purchase a property shortly for it, and I'll be using the gaza mat trick from the roof to make it look like the vendors will be standing in the road. The vendors will be selling powerscrolls, pink scrolls, random arties and other things people would like to donate to the Zoo.

I figured the auction hall could also be used for the raffles and as a meeting place for hunts and other events :) The library will also hold a runebook with spawn locations :)

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not to go off topic ( but I will). What ever happened to all the auction houses on Cats??? There was a period in time where I couldn't swing the corpse of a dead hacker without hitting an auction house.

M

Mikeee

I would recommend having the Library on the first floor as it would probably be used more often than the auction hall by travellers. At least thats my idea :) It looks great though! As always!

I was inspired by a house I saw on the Homes and Castles forum, so I began with that basic layout and tweaked it to what the hall would need.

A large 8-tier stairway that wraps around the entire building, with a 1-tier step onto the second level veranda.

1st Floor: Auction Hall--Seating 58 comfortably, with a teleport-only auction table and storage room.

2nd Floor:
Library & Veranda

3rd Floor: Library

Roof: Small, scenic balcony.

The two rooms for the libraries may seem small, but they're open to the outside and hold 259 runebooks.

Right now, it's on TC1 and I'm still looking for ways to expand the library and bring in some more natural elements. It's in its tweaking stages :)