• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

HALL OF PLAYERS

DeadBob

Ancient Alien
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Hall of Players honors those who have made UO more fun.

To see who's there, goto the Book Store & take the brown house teleporter on the SE side of the first floor. Or, navigate to 117,42N x 6,2E by land or by sea. You can also get a rune off the first vendor at the store. When y'get there, read the bulletin board for more info.

To add a player, just drop a Named Item &/or Book about the player in the mailbox.
VETERANS WANTED: Veterans, players of many years, may place their own items in the mailbox.

Who's there now? Well, we just opened yesterday, and that being April Fool's day, that explains Hu Gadarn of course. But also Goodman, Lady Andrasta, Maling, Lady Rachel, Elwing, Wizzax and others including Shinobi, the inclusion of the latter being proof positive that we don't hold grudges.

Lotsa space left but it will fill up. We all know someone here whose company we enjoy. So please, get your submission in soon.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
DeadBoob wrote:
"we just opened yesterday, and that being April Fool's day, that explains Hu Gadarn of course."

ZING ! Nice one lol
If I didnt know any better after 7+ yrs of knowing each other Id say ur takin' shots at me ! :)

*** Im honored to be included. ***

P.S. Sorry abt the typo bro. I saw it after I posted and dunno how to edit :p

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kudos Bob !

Great idea, is it going to be in the same museum format as the great atlantic characters history you made me visit ?

Where in Malas was that ?

DeadBob

Ancient Alien
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ROLFMAO Acid Rain! I know when I've been the Zingee. Nice one!

Ahuaeyjnkxs, I think the Atlantic History Museum you refer to was the 3rd building west of the Book Store. Shiraz Darkbane is currently remodeling that.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Excellent idea!

iLLegal Means

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice one Bob!!! Congrats!!!
you was talking about this idea to me (TD) at haven bank sometime back... I told Seb about it... if there is anything BMC can do for the cause please let us know...
Great Idea...

DeadBob

Ancient Alien
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ATTN: LadyKeroOfAtl, Ahuaeyjnkxs, Lord Nabin, iLLegal Means & MrNiceMNC & Etc.
:bowdown:VETERANS WANTED: Veterans, players of many years, may place their own items in the mailbox.
Ahem!

We've been open 4 days now & have 38 exhibits. The house will fill up. So please, drop your named items into the mailbox soon. Tazar? You reading this??!

T

Tazar

I have an item being prepared for it, but it'll be a day or two till it is ready... Save me a single tile somewhere - maybe along a north wall. :)

Edit: It took more than one item to find something that really said "Tazar", but I think you can squeeze all four into one tile. Items are in the mailbox.

T

Tazar

P.S. - I'd like to nominate Halister Mariner, Isk, and Cear-Dallben... but you'll probably have to go to the ARPC forum to get them. :)

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I nominate infamous THIEF members Tony Emerald and A Blind Man, and famous vendors Frank Bama (Potions & More, continual operation since pre-AOS) and Lady Kero (Mystic Gardens). (Also, if they're eligible, DeadBob and Lady Tang :p).

DeadBob

Ancient Alien
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jeeze, Tazar. I look at your exhibit & want to genuflect before the Almighty Tazar! Impressive. I put you between Mesanna & UO Lead Designer Dragon, you being one of those who might know who he was :)

Regarding Halister Mariner, Isk & Cear-Dallben, tell them to drop a named item(s) into the mailbox when you see them. I tried finding them on the AARP forums but was told no, something about them being too old or somesuch.

Syrus, good suggestions. Please tell Tony Emerald, A Blind Man & Frank Bama to drop a named item(s) into the mailbox & I'll set up their exhibits.

I received an exhibit from Lady Kero and what appears to be a proposal from Aulbrey :) But I'm off to be mugged by my dentist this morning, so I'll add them two later.

T

Tazar

Jeeze, Tazar. I look at your exhibit & want to genuflect before the Almighty Tazar! Impressive. I put you between Mesanna & UO Lead Designer Dragon, you being one of those who might know who he was :)
Being a Drunken Elder and an admitted Soulstone addict, it seemed appropriate. I feel honored to be between Mesanna and Dragon. :)

Regarding Halister Mariner, Isk & Cear-Dallben, tell them to drop a named item(s) into the mailbox when you see them. I tried finding them on the AARP forums but was told no, something about them being too old or somesuch.
All three have had messages passed along and will hopefully have something to you soon.

Also, I have sent Sakkarah a message as well in hopes that she will log in and donate an item to the Hall. I have many fond memories of her old player run events. :)

I wonder if we can get one from Draconi as well? Both Draconi and Sakkarah gave a lot to Atlantic before leaving us to become developers.

Athelas

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'd like to nominate Eru The Miner, Darrien Church, A Stoned Mariner and Wynn The Woeful!

**Edit**

Oh and Bob if you need any Wizzax stuff I may have a few items worth using.

Lady_Rachel

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stuffa!
Don't forget Stuffa.
I am still trying to come up with something good for him.
Tazar do you have any ideas?

T

Tazar

For Stuffa? hmmm... anyone have one of his old pink dresses around? that and maybe a royal guard sash?

If no one has the dress around, I have an open character slot and can recreate "Stuffa" stone tailoring over and make the dress... now where can we find a guard sash?

DeadBob

Ancient Alien
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Atlantic players were honored this morning by a Japanese player named COBRA, who thanked us for our prayers for Japan. He left a chest in Haven square for us with items from his own house, saying he had to leave UO. His chest and thank you are on the roof of the Hall.

RE "I wonder if we can get one from Draconi as well? Both Draconi and Sakkarah gave a lot to Atlantic before leaving us to become developers." -Tazar
Yes! We need them both! maybe someone can get word to them?

RE "I'd like to nominate Eru The Miner, Darrien Church, A Stoned Mariner and Wynn The Woeful!" -Athelas
Absolutely! Please let them know if you can.

RE "Oh and Bob if you need any Wizzax stuff I may have a few items worth using." -Athelas
Well, I did name a parrot after Wiz, ;) it seemed appropriate. But if you have something else, please drop it in the mailbox.

RE "Don't forget Stuffa. I am still trying to come up with something good for him." -Lady Rachel
Can anybody make a Mini-Cooper?
Tazar, I have an original white "Member Of The Royal Britannian Guard" sash I can add to Stuffa's exhibit.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How about community town leaders that have always been all about the Atlantic community?

Like Lord Kraken, who passed away this Jan, selling countless recalls for yeras and years?

Or... maybe me, Lady Frany Flame... who has had public malls going for EVERYONE since 2001?

Easily, you could find a few of these historical places at the teleporter hub at Goodmans. Including Kero... and even Tazar.

I also hate to tell you while selling at the Lagtown bank, I have been seeing your books collected and thrown away. Books are not the best way to go... thanks to those who abuse them. Thought you should know.

DeadBob

Ancient Alien
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hy'as m'Lady EvilPixieWorks. Definitely we want you in the Hall of Players. Go drop a named item(s) &/or book in the mailbox. Goodman, Kero & Tazar are already there.

If anyone has a Lord Kraken item, please drop it in the mailbox. If you knew him well, please write something about him in a book & drop that in the mailbox. His exhibit will be on the roof of the Hall, which is becoming a memorial area.

The Hall is filling up. It's been open a week now & has 56 exhibits as of mid-afternoon. So please, pass the word & everybody get your items in the mailbox soon.

S

StaticOnAtlantic

I nominate infamous THIEF members Tony Emerald and A Blind Man, and famous vendors Frank Bama (Potions & More, continual operation since pre-AOS) and Lady Kero (Mystic Gardens). (Also, if they're eligible, DeadBob and Lady Tang :p).
Wow thank you I never knew I was an impact

S

Shinobi

Hopefully someone can enlighten me on this...

A few years ago, someone told me (can't remember whom) that if i ever came across an item crafted by Lord Child Of Doom, it is a rare in itself. Supposedly Child Of Doom was an important Atlantic player, but i don't know anything about his/her background.

A year or so later, i was digging through a backpack minding my own business, when i saw it. A crossbow, crafted by Lord Child Of Doom. Remembering the conversation, i stole it. I've held onto it ever since, not knowing who this person even is. If anyone knows who Child Of Doom is, and if they would like to nominate them to be put in the Hall of Players, i would gladly donate the crossbow i stole.

All i know is that Child Of Doom was supposedly a very popular crafter, and made the best items. Please reply with any info regarding this person.

iLLegal Means

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah I remember Child of Doom... back in the day when we still had: Ruin, Might, Force, Power and Vanquish weapons... Child of Doom's GM made Bows was truely prized weapons. I still have a few of his bows... but when UO converted to the new weapon system... the old GM bows converted to only around 20% damage increase.

I met Child of Doom after Trammel opened up... he set up a vendor Shop on Arctic Isle... so I would buy bows and arrows from him...

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
This is great how can I help friend!

DeadBob

Ancient Alien
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Yeah I remember Child of Doom... back in the day when we still had: Ruin, Might, Force, Power and Vanquish weapons... Child of Doom's GM made Bows was truely prized weapons. I still have a few of his bows..." -iLLegal Means
Drop one of those bows in the mailbox? I'll add a doom item & book to it for a fitting "Lord Child of Doom" exhibit.

"I nominate Vladimir, the Llama King." -Shinobi
I'll second that. He did a great job redesigning Britain Bank, even if UO did take that as an opportunity to run the players market off to Luna.

"This is great how can I help friend!" -Lord Nabin
Hy'as Nabin! Drop one of your named item(s) &/or a book into the mailbox, of course.
Hmmm... Half a thought here folks, help me out...
Question: Does anyone else think we might include, as a catagory, players from other shards who contributed significantly to the UO community? Someone like, for instance, the old curmudgeon Hawkeye Pike, who ran The United Pirates guild for 13 years on Catskills? Sailing with his crew had to be a jolly "sweet trade." Just a thot & would appreciate any feedback.

Report to Contributors: Players have contributed 58 exhibits in the first 9 days. :thumbup:Thanks to all!

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Shinobi's Question

Child of Doom was one of the 1st great crafters in UO(98-99). He figured out that if u sold ur weps to a NPC they would price them according to their level of craftmanship. Basically, the more a NPC paid for a wep the more damage it would do & the longer it would last. His high end weps (bows mostly) would hit as hard/harder then vanquish & last much longer. We would stalk his vendors hoping to catch them restocked so we could get the best picks. Before vendors existed we would hope to catch him at Brit Bank. His weps were HIGHLY sought after & greatly cherished by all PvPers.

He still plays on occasion & has atleast one castle that I know of (prob more). I talked with him awhile ago so im sure hes still around, just likes to keep a low profile.

Lord Raven

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just visited the Hall of Players. Nice job DeadBob! Glad to see my favorite player made it!

(She's the one with the nice birthday cake) :pancakes:

T

Tazar

Directions are in the original post - so long as you know where the Book Store is... If you have never found the Book Store, go out from the west gate of Luna and it is about the third or fourth house to the west - and then slightly south. If you have trouble finding it, holler at me any time and I'll show you where to find it.

To see who's there, goto the Book Store & take the brown house teleporter on the SE side of the first floor. Or, navigate to 117,42N x 6,2E by land or by sea. You can also get a rune off the first vendor at the store. When y'get there, read the bulletin board for more info.

S

StaticOnAtlantic

While its a great selection, And understanding that EVERYONE cant fit inside the hall of players, I was a little suprised that the original members or founder of THIEF (Chad Sexington (Siege & ATL) & Tony Emerald (Siege & ATL)) weren't at least mentioned, I think I came A little late to this discussion.

As far as I remember Chad and tony were numro uno in this whole THIEF well before Shinobi (a great con-artist to boot) came aboard ( I think he was with THIEF for a short time) I came near the tail end of the life of THIEF.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Chad was mainly on Napa and Siege though, no? Tony was too lazy to enter himself, ha.

S

StaticOnAtlantic

Chad was mainly on Napa and Siege though, no? Tony was too lazy to enter himself, ha.
Haha @ Tony, ok ok there's a bit of truth there. With Chad we hit all shards. I can remember us doing a 7 shard trip, 14 transfer tokens, and aloT of lost time. But home in the end was siege. I received an email about a 6 months ago saying that his house collapsed and they had a guild stone but they wanted 1 billion gold. No idea I never followed up.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Sad. I heard he was back in school . . . like med school or something. o_O

N

Nyx (Atl)

Where, oh where is Crazy Joe and Chaotic Jelly in this list?