• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Announcement Hail to the King.

Bennu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To explore the 'style of rule' you can expect from King Blackthorn, I will be hosting a series of events so that we can all 'get to know' the new King of Britannia.
***​
"The King's Envoy" Sunday October 14th 2012 @ 8pm EST
"Each of us provide value to the world and enrich it. Human, Gargoyle, Elf, Ratman, Lizardman and Orc."
*​
"The King's Food Drive" Tuesday October 16th 2012 @ 10pm EST
The city of Skara Brae is starving after a massive crop failure, can King Blackthorn help?
*​
"Blackthorn and the Humanists" Thursday October 18th 2012 @ 9pm EST
The city of Cove has been under heavy attack from Orcs, King Blackthorn seeks answers!
*​
"Magics Unknown" Sunday October 21st 2012 @ 8pm EST​
Xerxen Leyton petitions the King to overrule the Moonglow Mages Guild!
***​
Long Live the King.

Last edited:

Bennu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For those that caught this post in the first 20 min, be advised I had to flip flop a few events. The dates/times have not changed.

Last edited:

Edward Striker

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
"Blackthorn and the Humanists" Thursday October 18th 2012 @ 9pm EST
The city of Cove has been under heavy attack from Orcs, King Blackthorn seeks answers!

*A letter from a loyal subject [on Atlantic]*​
You’re Majesty;
I write you upon hearing you wish answers to the issues with the Orcs in cove. I was once the proud owner of The Green Goblin Tavern & Inn in Cove, but after numerous attacks and burnings from the Orcs, I shut my doors and moved from the area.

I spoke with a good friend of mine Gaius, who is of military mind and had lived in the City of Minoc. I write now to explain how he would deal with the Orcs of Cove;

1. Gather a force of arms to attack land side up the narrow pass into the woods north of the Orc’s fort.

2. The Cave just to the Northeast could be used as a command center and healing station.

3. Have armed ships from thought out the land support the land forces with bombardment using cannons from sea side.

By doing this you would do one of two things, force the Orcs to surrender and agree to relocate or drive them into the sea and forever rid them from the area. Either way, once this has been accomplished you call in craftsmen to extend the current wall of Cove south and have townsfolk set up shops within the old Orc fort. This would allow extended port facilities and greater commerce to the area, allowing growth and stability to the area.

Humbly submitted by your loyal subject
Edward Striker
Owner
Malas Distilling Company & The Green Goblin Tavern

Last edited:

Queen Arya

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
So Palidins, Mages, Gargoyles, Llamas, Toads, Chickens and oh yea Solus get out our gear. Sharpen our blades. Repair our cannon. Scrape off the barnacles.
We set sail for Cove and war with Orcs!

Bennu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had to change Tuesdays to an hour later due to a conflict.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well you still saved me from double clienting, so yay for girl scouts!

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wish I could have attended, but I was off reporting elsewhere. I'll try to make Tuesday's!

Queen Arya

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Anyone else have alot of unanswered questions:
Where was Lord Blackthorn all these years? Why did he abandon the realm?
Who were those Dark Knights? where are they now-where did they go-is it still a concern? Don't we have info somewhere considering them a threat?
Is Lord Blackthorn one of the Ouroboros family? (does it make a difference-or is the Ouroboros part of the old story arc and let to die?)
I realize Lady Amandine, Lord Wellings and Dupre (not that Dupres advice would matter) are in favor of Lord Blackthorn, so I am inclined to be swayed in that direction also, but I feel like somethings missing
I would really like a night of just plain role play, story hour? question and answer session? Am I alone on this quest for info?
Just saying, feels like a missing a link or something

EMTiberies

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Anyone else have alot of unanswered questions:
Where was Lord Blackthorn all these years? Why did he abandon the realm?
Meta-fiction and Atlantic-specific fiction has stated that Blackthorn went into challenge Exodus on his own, but got captured and copied. That copy became the robotic Blackthorn that was killed in Yew. So BT was imprisoned by Exodus, undergoing torment, and, as Yusef Ad-Din told him in a piece of fiction I wrote, we are fortunate that he was not rendered mad from torment.

BT was released accidentally when Callie's meddlings woke up Exodus.

Who were those Dark Knights? where are they now-where did they go-is it still a concern? Don't we have info somewhere considering them a threat?
The Mysterious Knights will be seen again. They have had several setbacks in their long-term plans, however.

As you saw at the coronation, the strange force known as The Poor Fellowship of the Chamber of Virtue hasn't gone away either and will likely play roles in forthcoming events.

Is Lord Blackthorn one of the Ouroboros family?
Not my impression. I think Blackthorn has his own family line.

For the month of October I think it's fair to say that Bennu's events will in effect be a mini-sequel to the story arc that ended with Blackthorn's coronation, a kind of Epilogue that might answer, in effect if not in intent, many of the questions you have.

I think a fair way to rephrase your questions is "who is this guy and why is he the King." And I think Bennu's October event cycle is an attempt to provide at least a partial answer to that.

By contrast, this month my arc is a bit of shlock horror that happens to start from a character, specifically Lord Raymond, that also happens to be involved with those grand events.

Queen Arya

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Appreciate it and look forward to the continuation!

Edward Striker

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
"The King's Food Drive" Tuesday October 16th 2012 @ 10pm EST
The city of Skara Brae is starving after a massive crop failure, can King Blackthorn help?
Ok I’m sorry but I have to say something because this is get old and taking away from the events. Pets!!! The guild I was with even using SHIFT-CTRL was unable to fight and engage the target because there are just way to many pets you physically can’t see anything. It’s bad enough as archers and swordsmen that we don’t get any of the drops, but when you can’t even fight because there are 15 to 20 dragons covering the targets, it gets frustrating.
If something not done about it, you’re going to lose about 20 players from the EM events because we will just quit coming.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Hmm....

Sadly I missed this event. But, I have had a problem with pulling bars at events too. I don't know what they can do to make it easier on us honestly. I even had an issue pulling the bar on Exodus as large as he was due to the lag involved in that one. So making huge critters may not be the right thing.... Wonder if there is any way they can make the "name" tag six times wider than it is so it stands out from all the other "short" ones?

Either way, I ain't in the 20 folks... I'm still gonna attend all of them I can :D

Queen Arya

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Sometimes your the bug... sometimes your the windshield

Edward, not all events are in small areas. Most important is the story arc. You have no idea how refreshing it was to see your prior post.
Atlantic shard is one of the most populated and thus the events are crowded. Personally I will take the lag and yes fustration when it comes to actually farming the spawn at them because the other choice of an empty under populated shard is just to scary to imagine.

Please keep up the interaction with the story arcs, I loved your post and look forward to your future posts

Last edited:

Edward Striker

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Thank you.

After some thought about last night I think I might have a solution to the issue, just not sure it Developers can do anything about it?

First Make the “enemy” bars another color, one of the issues is, they are red…but so are Energy Vortex’s, Raised Colossus and some other cast items.

Second when looking for your body, there is so much stuff lying around, you use the SHIFT-CTRL command and you’re over whelmed, leave everything gray as it is now, by the Tag for your body should show up in another color so it stands out and easier to find.

Third as for pets, well I guess there is not much to do about that, Tamers have the same rights as everyone else, just wished the be a bit more considerate and understanding in their usage. When it’s just one or two it’s not a big deal, but when there is that many running around, they are taking away from the event and the enjoyment for others. I have not figured out how to fix this issue yet.

Edward Striker

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
*Excerpt from the captains log*​
Captains Log
HMS Lord Blackthorn (Britannic Coast Guard)
Gaius Atius Tria (RP1), commanding;

I have sailed from East Britain to just the southwest of Cove, along the eastern side of the Orc's Fort located there. Upon arrival just off shore, I west meet with a hail of arrows and some magic. I ordered the port side guns to fire on salvo into the Orcs to inform them that unprovoked attacks would not be tolerated. Using heavy grapeshot, we cut down eleven of the attacking Orcs, forcing them to withdraw back within the confines of the fort.

I shall move to the far side of the bay and drop anchor, The HMS Lord Blackthorn shall stay on station here making ready to support the King’s will in his actions of supporting the City of Cove.