• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player News) Hacked on Atlantic

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadBart

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I wanna vent about something. One of my close close close friends Atlantic Realtor was hacked. he lost everything. I am so pissed off that someone did this him. It makes me so angry that someone would do something so dam evil to steal pixels. Everyone know AR and he is very well established. this man has done alot for me in game and out of game. I could ask this man for a billion gold and he would give it to me without hesitation, and I would do the same for him. I started playing UO in 1999 on a friends account, and started my own soon after. UO is a huge part of my life and I love playing. Some people do drugs, some people drink, some people work out, me I play Ultima Online and I could not imagine what i would do if this happened to me....well actually one of the Police officers I work with is assigned to our Internet Crimes unit so I guess I would start there to find the dirt bag who did it.

Well let me get to my point, AR lost everything and I am asking the Ultima Online community to help me out
everyone knows where my house is located South gate inside Luna walls. across from Capt Norrigans.

I am asking people for gold donations for AR. at any time you can go to my mailbox and drop off a bag with your name and ICQ number on it. even if its 1000 gold or one gold anything will help. The person who donates the most gold will have the option to pick 5 items out of my museum display cases that they really want, I will then choose what one item I want to discard and they will be able to walk out with it.

any questions ICQ me @ 57707031 thank you everyone

PS lost of grammer mistakes I:ymca: know I worked all day im tired lol

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I see his Leo still owns the luna house and it is filled with rares....

Dregg

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Sorry to hear about AR getting hacked. I hope he still has access to his account with the luna house on atl b/c it still has his name on it and has all the billions in rares still there.

Olcher

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Atlantic Realtor was hacked.
Can you clarify please. Was he legitimately hacked? Or "hacked" by sharing their account information with someone else that in turn robbed the account?

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
Hi Everybody!
Just few things!!

• Thanks so much @BadBart for your concern!! :)
  • Yes, Its under investigation by EA / Police, but it was EA's fault that someone called and "supposed" said that it was me and they changed the main email on the account to one of his email.... so this person that I know who it is but I cant say because of the investigation, got access to 6 of my accounts, most of them holding houses and 1 main account. so I was boot out of the game while playing and I didnt have access to the accounts anymore because all info has been changed and off course we have no way to contact Mythic/UO other than emails, so this person started to drop houses that I had on the accounts , which I dont care bc most of them were empty...(thanks @Scribbles ) for been there for me and re plot the castle.
  • Anyway the real damage was the main account that had access to my main houses on the fort... because the account was co owner, he took some packies and went for a free shop between the houses...but again I cant say much because the investigation!
  • The only thing that I am really upset is because this Mofo deleted all my toons... I asked Mesanna if it is possible to "Undelete" them because they still show at the MYUO page!

• One thing that need to be clear, everybody thing that I am Leonidas and that Information is NOT correct, I do not own any Luna House, Leonidas own them.

Another thing that I Like to throw out there and it is very important, Broadsword need to work ASAP with EA regarding security on their end, I would be VERY careful with the Codes that you guys use or share or sell them for gold, If you buy mythic tokens, time codes or whatever and sell them for gold, you may want to think twice now!!!!, this person gain access by calling EA and saying that he lost all information and access to his account, this person could probably win an Oscar, because those people on EA believed on his story and changed the main email on EA/Origin to one of the Scumbag's email and after that he pretty much had access to all my accs under Mythic and Off course thanks to WTB, ALL the accounts were able to login...

My point is, EA gave the access without Following the instruction on the account to ask the secret questions and email verification, they just handed my account to this person.

Its Ok, I know who he is and all I can say is "Winter is coming for you!!!", this time me and @Decadence will go all way, Do whatever it takes to bring him down from the legal way.

Success would be the best revenge.

*EA - All I can say is that from 8am to 3:00pm when you talk to the local "Americans" customer service, everything works fine and the way its supposed to be, after 3:00pm when the OVERSEAS customer representative start their shift from Indian or whatever that place is , the hell start, because they will give Any information regardless all the security on your account!!!

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sorry you got hacked man. If there is anything i can do to help, let me know.

Dodger

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry for his virtual loss. If he has a Luna house he can make it up by renting out cheap vendors.

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
For All those that want to add this person ICQ's number and many other information I have on it, feel free to PM

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Sorry to hear this happened to you :( If there's anything I can do to help, please let me know.

uo player

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
So sorry to hear this....I hope you get your account back along with your characters :(.....There is a special place in hell for people that do this kind of thing:flame:

SoulWeaver

King of The Bearded Ladies
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sent you a PM Uo Houses

Sorry to hear about this but don't blame it all 100% on Broadsword, I believe their still contracted to EA's screwed up system and people and planned on redoing the entire system/security when that contract is up. Hopefully they help you out in retrieving/catching the azzhole.

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
This is getting really Interesting, because right after this post went online, I started to receive the following messages on my icq:

XXXXXX ---> i have enough on you to take all your accounts. secret questions for everything, adress, i even wrote down your card number last 4 digits as well as state, account names, the origional emails, I EVEN wrote down the codes you have purchased. So i wouldnt push me.

WXXXXXXX: Then I am ending this conversation? As I cannot say what I will do to you and YOUR family if my mother gets an email tomorrow.

I have all conversations saved, IP tracer recorded and everything else!!

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Sorry to hear this friend...

Unbelievable and a sad day.

*pulls another chair over to the fire and pours a glass of Good Old Moonglow Red for a friend*

Swing on by when you are ready to rest from your travels. You know where to find me friend.

SoulWeaver

King of The Bearded Ladies
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is getting really Interesting, because right after this post went online, I started to receive the following messages on my icq:

XXXXXX ---> i have enough on you to take all your accounts. secret questions for everything, adress, i even wrote down your card number last 4 digits as well as state, account names, the origional emails, I EVEN wrote down the codes you have purchased. So i wouldnt push me.

WXXXXXXX: Then I am ending this conversation? As I cannot say what I will do to you and YOUR family if my mother gets an email tomorrow.

I have all conversations saved, IP tracer recorded and everything else!!

He did this same thing to me about 2-3 years ago. Mesanna definitely has history with this guy I hope they pursue legal action upon him. He's been at this for way to long and has done it to so many people

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sad to see this, hackers and exploiters have always been the bane of uo. The selling of virtual goods for real world cash is what drives the insanity.. Sad thing is, we as a whole are the reason it's possible, we put so much value on pixel crack.

Anyway
*pulls up chair*
*begins making popcorn*

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
lmao, ya lets all donate to the billionaire
No one is requiring you to donate anything, it's just a nice gesture some people would like to give. The one time one of my accounts got hacked, even though I still had a robe worth about a billion that the hacker didn't take, I had lost all my other rares, so many of my friends and others were nice enough to try giving me free rares and gold. Even when I said no, they would just drop stuff in my mailbox so I was forced to take it.

Thankfully, the person who took my stuff later gave it back for some unknown reason. I gave back everything people had donated, but it still meant a ton to me that they were all willing to help me when I was down, even when I didn't want them to.

It doesn't really matter if the person who is hacked loses 1 mil or 100 bil, they still lost things and had their privacy and account invaded, donating things is pretty much the only way we are able to help our UO friends when they are in unfortunate situations like this one. We cannot let them stay at our house, or buy them lunch like we can in real life, so we donate instead.

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
I am not asking anybody to donate anything, It was a really nice gesture from my friend @BadBart , Yes I lost a lot, but everything can be replaced, it is like @Captn Norrington said, you sell couple things here and there to recover, but I can come back on my feet quickly... I will not fell sorry for the person tho... since authorities is involved, EA is involved and Dark Lady is involved to help!!!

Dodger

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you using the same email address here as your uo account?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Having cleaned this thread up I'm going to now lock it, before it all goes downhill again

Status
Not open for further replies.