• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hacked Account

• Thread starter Chaotic Destruction
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chaotic Destruction

Hello Everyone, This is Fury/Xander. Some of you may remember me and some of you may not. Me and my wife had decided to quit and put the word out that we were getting rid of them. well one of the accounts that belonged to my wife, which we got from Liberty, has been hacked. The password has been changed and the email account. Just thaught I'd let everyone know that this has happened AGAIN. They have taken many items that are special to me and my wife that went back to the Relay for life in 2007 that were not going to be sold. Things were looted from our other houses, even on other shards. We have contacted EA and we are narrowing it down to who did it and we will go to the athorities about it which we were told to do by EA.

A

Ashlen

Xander this breaks my heart so much for you and for Kimmy
Some people have no feelings for others and get great joy
from causing other people greif. I know its just a game
but its your game and your pixels.

I know that Kimmy told me that there were many pixels
on that acct that she wanted me to keep for her, things
that meant alot to her.
Gift from friends that are now in the hands of people who
could care less or worse have already deleted everything.

I hope you get some answers to this and the person who is
responsible pays for their deeds in game as well as in life.
Because one thing is for certian
Karma is a pancake

Much love to you both

M

Mrs Xander

Yeah, it's pretty sad that this keeps happening in UO land. I was not quitting because I don't like this game anymore, I have just gotten to a point in my life when other things take priority, such as family, work and school. And I do not see the purpose of paying for something I will barely have a chance to use due to lack of time.

But I am attached to my pixel crack, I had few things of real value as I have not been playing extensively as of late, however, to whomever took the account, what might have just been an orny or balanced crossbow worth a few mil to you, were housewarming gifts and guild welcome gifts to me. The few hundred mil you took and spent or deleted were more to me than just yellow bundles of pixel crack, it was my memories of hunts and adventures, shared laughter and anger in vent.

If the husband and I couldn't have sold the account, it would have went to friends for safe keeping, for the case we decide to return one day. I don't understand why someone would be so vicious, heck, if you knew even one thing about me you should know that if you wanted a few mil or a fancy bow or a good suit, I would've given it to you or almost anyone, because that's just me, that's how I stayed broke in this game while others made billions, cause I like to make presents, see people smile, patiently sit around and rez someone over and over and over while they try to beef up their skills or whatever, because the people who are worth a hot damn in UO have done the exact same to and for me. I was fortunate to have met fantastic people, who are now my real life friends, people who picked me up time and time again while I ran around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to figure out this game.

UO done the right way is fabulous, even if it's just a day spend at your local teamspeak or ventrilo pancakes about all that is broken with a new patch. But people like you just ruin it, I hope you're happy with what you've done, about as happy as a turkey on thanksgiving day.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is something that sickens me greatly. I am so sorry that this has happened again to folks who have worked hard to build up an acct over the years. I hope something can be done to catch those responsible, and that you can somehow be made whole again.

AnneNomilly

Sage
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Kim and Xander, I'm so sorry to hear this. Some people just seem to delight in making others miserable and I'll never understand this. I still have a few items from the Relay for Life events and possibly some other things that you might want. You know me, legendary packrat. Yell at me, and we'll see if we can make you a memory box to stuff in the bank. You know you have friends here and you know we'll help however we can if you guys decide to come back.

Much love to you both. And I'm truly more sorry than words can express. Let me know what I can do.

C

Chaotic Destruction

Well I called EA today and aparently whomever decided to hack my account got away with it. They had specific info to get the account so now I know it doesnt take much to get a account from someone thats been playing for years so hope you enjoy it. I am quitting this game anyways and now, thanks to this, know for a fact I'm not coming back. People that have to do this in a game are pathetic in my eyes and I hate being around pathetic people. Have fun everyone and hope your lives are blessed

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think legally they did anything wrong by getting into your UO acct.

How they got your password is usually the illegal part. Mostly by a trojan, key logger, hacking your email. These are the places where the law can get involved. Don't pursue it as "someone stole my pixels", pursue it as "someone violated my privacy".

M

Mrs Xander

Thank you for your kindness, even you Pitr, since we usually fussed with each other, it means a lot. I appreciate it very, very much. And I really hope it makes the person who did this feel all the worse. Because here is people offering kindness and support, some my real life friends, some I argued with over the years, some I have never met, this is what makes our community work... to be there for one another when it matters and leave guild titles at the door, if only for a day or two.

EA basically told us without the credit card information currently on the account they couldn't have done it, so yes legal action will follow, because at this point it has little do to with just pixels, now it has to do with if our bank account will be overdrafted by the morning.

It sickens me that someone would go so far, luckily the law is beefing up when it comes to such things and I hope they will find the resposible party quickly.

And Anne, thanks a million, girl. Luckily, literally sheer dumb luck, the bulk of the Relay items were in a moving crate in another house on another account, so although they cleared millions out of houses characters were co-ownered to, they couldn't get to that. I thank the UO Gods for making me crappy at PvP and brilliant, but lazy at house designing... it at least saved some of the things dearest to my heart which will be tucked away in a lil corner of UO out of the reach of mean people who must have a very, very empty life and hopefully soon beautiful new steel curtains.

Just everyone be careful with their stuff, and I can only hope for everyone that one day EA will come around and take some more measures to ensure the safety of people's belongings.

~Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig Hug for everyone~

C

CatLord

Thank you for your kindness, even you Pitr, since we usually fussed with each other, it means a lot. I appreciate it very, very much.
Even foes are respected and cherished...

I was asked not to post anything about this but heck...

Small story.

When I started these Liberation Wars someone tried to hack me.
This is a university cpu... so it is federal property.
Our security is done by microsoft portugal.
IP was found and someone in Michigan had a bad surprise...

So... keep pushing...

Cutter

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hope who ever it was gets caught. I know I have had differences over the years with some people, and that more than a few have resented me at times...but stuff like this is one thing I would never and have never condoned or approved of. I am glad to hear some of the more important (sentimental) stuff was found to be safe.

S

Shotgun

Even foes are respected and cherished...

I was asked not to post anything about this but heck...

Small story.

When I started these Liberation Wars someone tried to hack me.
This is a university cpu... so it is federal property.
Our security is done by microsoft portugal.
IP was found and someone in Michigan had a bad surprise...

So... keep pushing...
can you share who it was?

T

The Fallout

I may have arguments and such with people, but honestly I wouldn't think fo hacking their account. That just takes it to a whole new level beyond UO really....... now using my PvP thief to steal all their silver, that I can do heh.

M

Mrs Xander

Yeah, it is crazy how far people will go because they got their heiny handed to them at yew gate. Why not be like me and accept that PvP is not for everyone... THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH BEING A TRAMMY.... darn it... just embrace it, give it a big hug and love it... lol.

I'm in a better mood today, I have to laugh about it, anger will get me nowhere, I work in customer service, if I take this mood to work, my boss will go broke... lol.

I thank you for your support. It always helps to know there is people who care. I count Nystuls comment as support although I'm not quite sure... lol.

I know the husband may quit for good after this, but I almost want to hang on to my account now, just in case. Cause it is this post, the kind people who remind you what this is all about and how much I will truly miss it.... my Catskills, treasured home shard, where naked people run through dungeons on occasion... lol. Where Anne, Satria and Morg taught me how to die properly and without fear running my noobie character right into a bunch of red stuff... lmao. Okay I need a hanky and chocolate... lots of both... cause now I'm getting sentimental.

Anne, we need to do dinner, I have a permit now and darn it, I need to use it. I'm sure you know a place close by that serves huge chocolate desserts and not mongbat bacon like Timberwolf likes to do.... :p

I so do love ya, Catskills.....

GROUPHUG :)

AnneNomilly

Sage
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Anne, we need to do dinner, I have a permit now and darn it, I need to use it. I'm sure you know a place close by that serves huge chocolate desserts and not mongbat bacon like Timberwolf likes to do.... :p
You know my number! Call me woman! And since I can't stay off the roads, I've had extra armor plating installed on my car in celebration of your new driving ability. :mf_prop:

On a serious note, you and Xander know I love you. You guys need anything, just let me know. No one ever deserves to have this type of thing happen. But, like has been said before, what goes around comes around. One of these days, they'll get theirs and you've still got what really matters. US! :heart:

AnneNomilly

Sage
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Alright, this thread has been cleaned up a bit. Enough with accusations of who did what to whom when what planets were aligned however.

Xander and Kim know they can count on the community to help them. Beyond that, the proper channels need to be followed. Stratics ain't it.

A

Ashlen

They quit this time.

I talk to them from time to time or we text.
Xander has had enough and he just gave up.
I guess you can say, "The Bad Girl won this time"

As far as Xander and Kimmy goes they decided to just let
her keep that acct and they sold the rest, all but one I think.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am very sorry to hear for your loss. As someone who has lost an account myself, I sympathize with you. If there is any way we can help you with some resources or other items, please don't hesitate to PM.

The Real John

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I called EA today and aparently whomever decided to hack my account got away with it. They had specific info to get the account so now I know it doesnt take much to get a account from someone thats been playing for years so hope you enjoy it. I am quitting this game anyways and now, thanks to this, know for a fact I'm not coming back. People that have to do this in a game are pathetic in my eyes and I hate being around pathetic people. Have fun everyone and hope your lives are blessed
That's one of the sad things about uo. This is one of the few games that wont take action on hacked accounts. They can find out who hacked it and find out kind of were your stuff went through ip logs. Who logged into your account from what ip and what accounts that ip has also logged into. This is just something they choose not to do and that's sad. EA can get your stuff back they just choose not to do the work that is needed for it they don't want to waist the manpower/money needed to do it.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This thread was started back in Oct, but if either of you are still around look me up. I can help you get whatever you need to start on your feet again. I HATE hearing about account hackings :(

outcry

Slightly Crazed
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I say they should keep up the fight with EA and they should win in the end

C

CatLord

Devin you rock, I'm very happy that yesterday you volunteered to give the name of the account owner to Xander... and all she has to do is ask!

Justice for all!

outcry

Slightly Crazed
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Devin you rock, I'm very happy that yesterday you volunteered to give the name of the account owner to Xander... and all she has to do is ask!

Justice for all!
Devin you rock! Name and telephone number wasn't it?

"Edit" is such a nice feature.

"Copy and paste" is another good one.

PM + "copy and paste" yet another.

Woohoo!
Nice try I do know the name of the person, but after all your alliance has done to me, explain to me why I should help? Perhaps if you come up with a good enough answer as to why I should give up this information I will... but somehow after all your alliance has said and done to me I doubt very much you can .. And the saying Because its the right thing to do will not be good enough.. The right thing to do was ask me before you publicly accused me here on boards

I do say to both him and his wife keep fighting and EA should do the right thing.. Seeing how its totally EA's fault on this one

A

Ashlen

What a “Saint” she is, lets all bow down :bowdown:

I am sorry that I accused you of hacking the account
when you didn’t, but that is as far as I will go with an
apology.

Because I’m sure you have known all along who owned
the account and who took it back. It wasn’t news to you
You stepping forward now out of the goodness of your
heart, I don’t buy it, there has to be something in it for you.

Nice try I do know the name of the person, but after all your alliance has done to me, explain to me why I should help?
And why would you giving the info to Xander about who
did this have anything to do with the Circle people?
Xander didn’t have anything to do with them, he wasn’t part
of their guild or ever allied with them.
As a matter of fact I think he was in a guild with you
at one time and allied with you,
Not the circle people.

Why not help out because it’s the right thing to do?
If you didn’t have anything to do with it, even tho
your name was on the house next door and Kimmy’s
house was owned by someone with a name like your
stratic username, once it wasn’t theirs anymore.
Then someone wanted to make it look like you did.
Why not help for the all the right reasons?
That’s a novel thought isn’t it.

C

CatLord

You don't owe it to anyone but yourself Devin...

We all live on Catskills... we all should care for everyone else... even for our foes.

outcry

Slightly Crazed
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Justice for all!
Devin you rock! Name and telephone number wasn't it?

"Edit" is such a nice feature.

"Copy and paste" is another good one.

PM + "copy and paste" yet another.

Woohoo!
Nice try I do know the name of the person, but after all your alliance has done to me, explain to me why I should help? Perhaps if you come up with a good enough answer as to why I should give up this information I will... but somehow after all your alliance has said and done to me I doubt very much you can .. And the saying Because its the right thing to do will not be good enough.. The right thing to do was ask me before you publicly accused me here on boards

I do say to both him and his wife keep fighting and EA should do the right thing.. Seeing how its totally EA's fault on this one
Devin, you've earned an ebil cookie! You did come up with the right answer, which is "...because it's the right thing to do."

If that's not good enough for you, and since your decision not to share the information you have about the Xanders' problem somehow involves your dislike of the Alliance, let me give you another good reason. The Xanders have nothing at all to do with the Alliance. Absolutely nothing. By helping them, you don't help the Alliance (or hurt it).

I fail to see how the Xanders' loss could be totally EA's fault unless an EA representative somehow contacted a third party at random and offered the account to him or her. That wouldn't happen! But what do I know?

As a side note, I haven't seen any explicit accusations against anyone! I'm not sure how you came up with that but there is nothing in the thread or in these posts to support it. We know only that you have the name and phone number of the person responsible because you've already posted that news yourself.

I believe you will "do the right thing" and give the Xanders the information you say you have.
You have it partly right EA did not contact the person.. The person contacted EA for the 3rd account which was not sold...The person told EA he only wanted the 3rd account but could not remember the account name but he had the codes... On the phone EA told him the names , He then told EA which account it was... Then EA sent him the information by email and gave him all 3 of the accounts.... In truth because they have paid for it for so long should be reason enough for EA to give it back to the Xanders they need to fight... Matter of fact the person who owns them again is not even playing tell them to fight...

Status
Not open for further replies.