• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Price Check] Gypsy Moonstone Ring. 1 in 25000 chance

• Thread starter RavenWinterHawk
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RavenWinterHawk

So I guess this is considered rare now.
There is a 1 in 25000 chance to get it according to Fridays FAQs.

I have a gypsy moonstone ring.

Who can help me with a price?

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is considered "hard to get", but by the rares forum definition, it is not rare since it can still be obtained. Questions on items like this are fine, but please make sure to post it on your shard forum if you try and sell it again.

Hope this helps.

Last moonstone jewelry I saw went for 30m - last month.

http://vboards.stratics.com/uo-europa-trade/220565-moonstone-bracelet.html

I'd estimate between 30-50m. It may have a very low drop rate and look pretty cool, but I'm not sure you'll find any buyers interested in paying that much for it. Good luck with it!

G

Gunga_Din

Rare: not frequently encountered; scarce; unusual.

This item qualifies and I don't give a rat's ass what anyone else thinks. That's the definition of rare.....

Slickjack

Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah, I dont want to start debate again on this, but my gosh we see stuff all the time that is on this forum that is "slightly questionable" as far as definition.

This thing is uber rare to find and unquestionabley HARD to get. This should be a gray area which makes these items exceptions to the rule. I know I've seen Ruined Paintings here before, which I think is fine, borderline, but fine. This should be ok as well.

Apetul

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The item is currently spawning. Its very "rare" find a seller (probably a buyer too) because its tedious to find and kill so many gypgys. As soon as the first jewelry sells for mmm dont know, 50-75m, then tons of people will spend his days farming gypsys. If price drops to 10-15m, these guys will go back to farm renowneds..

A

A Stoned Mariner

These jewels are the new blood tile spawn. And blood tiles have always, ALWAYS been considered rare, even when they were spawning.

The blood tile spawn was so scarce to catch, but it did still spawn. Just like these jewels.

There is a grey area that should be tolerated. Heck let a discussion thread be made when an item like this comes out, and let the greater community establish the item as acceptable/non-acceptable.

I often wonder about "big fish". I have fished for over 7 years and never once gotten one above 200 stones. And I have caught thousands of big fish. Now say one day I catch one that is like 220 stones (record so far in UO wide is 225 btw). If I decided to sell, a 220 stone big fish, caught by A Stoned Mariner. Cool name, uber uber rare item. Still potentially spawns, but odds are like 1/100000 or worse, someone going to tell me it isn't a rare?

I dunno...grey area!

Athelas

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The item in question is still attainable and should not be sold on this forum. By allowing items that can still be obtained we're really just opening the floodgates for all of the other items that are just "hard to get."

You can't allow one without allowing all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.