• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

GW2 Stratics Portal News!

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Nice! My wife's going to be really happy to hear this. Wonder if her mac can handle it.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Check out the link in the post and they have a GW2 Mac client beta already out for download.

Depends on her specs of her computer I would guess but if your's can run it hers probably will. I never used Mac so I was on the apple diet :)

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow. Had no idea it would be out so soon! Finally, I can delete my Windows 7 bootcamp partition once and for all! :)

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
She meets the minimum system requirements. Going to install and try it.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Eh, minimum requirements had it running, but very choppy even with the graphics set to "best performance." :<

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Runs like a dream on my July 2012 13" MBP w/16gb RAM.

Played for about 4 hours, reported about 6 minor bugs and then proceeded to reclaim 250gb from Bootcamp/Windows 7 by removing the partition.

This surprise client release was a huge and unexpected but welcome success!

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Time to be nice and do some upgrades for her Syrus!

Being a Mac Beta client though it may be doing more GPU based than CPU like the previous beta.s for windows. Just a possabilty but not sure.