• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Gunfight at Despise.

Miriandel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tonight I visited Destard and Despise for champion spawns.
Some fighting in front of Destard, first time in 10 years I see PvPing in UO again, hehe, so I just watch stealthed and then proceed to pick up gold and jettisoned powerscrolls.

Then I move to despise and er... it was bad :gee:
I'm not even sure the boss got killed, it was constant fighting for the island.
Anyways, I would have liked to socialize, eventually take part to the boss fight, but it was such a mess that I didn't understand a thing about who was who. As soon as I would show up, I was fired upon, which of course is pointless against a ninja (unless i stuck my face in some wall, of course :rant2:)

Is it constant action every night like that?
If so, i'll just level my thief and have some fun like in the good old days, but i'd rather meet ppl and play with them, there's no way I can compete with whole guilds, hehe.

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It does tend to be whole guilds rather than the odd straggler like ourselves.
People still ask me "Who are you?" as if waiting for some guild allegiance.

There are good folk out there though. Not long ago I was waiting on Barracoon injuring two guys enough so I could jump them and kill at least one of them. Well they killed me but made the point of searching me out afterwards to give me back some stuff I forgot to insure.

There still is some good fun to be had by the lone pvper on Drachenfels, just be ready to collect a lot of death robes along the way.

Right now I am camping one of the sick gypsies in fel, haha I am such a schmuck.

girana

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
from 20CET to till Server Down

20-00CET many D!, City and EEK are around
and in the night are often alot of HOT, Huge around

D

deraiky

At around 20 CT it usually looks liek this :
Around 6 Hot allying up to 8 EEK against usually 3-4 |D!|.....

Miriandel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I finally went SL yesterday, my character is not finished yet (only 65 healing LOL) but I was tired waiting.

I couldn't find anyone, so, since I found an free champion spawn, I cleared it, hehe.

Miriandel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you, thank you... Going to log in in a second and see if I can have my butt handed to me somewhere.

I haven't PvPed in UO since 2000, I should be all right :gee:

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks, we do our best ;)

Also, good to see some new faces in SL, a warm welcome in the friendliest evil faction to you too :)

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Saturday morning at the Harrower was great fun. I managed to get a few stat scrolls despite some nice chap I had ressed earlier setting his dragon on me right before the harry died.
It was good to see so many people involved in the fighting.

Miriandel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I'd like to know where all of that happens.
When I wander through the classic dungeons, they're empty and when I talk on general chat, nobody answers.

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well good starting points are usually the Yew Gate, the Champ Spawn in Despise, the Star Room to check for active harrowers.