• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[General] Guide for which runic tool to use?

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Noob crafter here. I've been reading a lot on this forum and I still don't understand which runic tool to use to achieve the best results. Which runic tools should I be using to create the following gear?

1) Craft studded armor with either 5% HCI/DCI and imbue stam/mana/hpi/LMC (gear for dexxer)
2) Craft studded armor with 10 stam and imbue mana/LMC/mana regen (gear for archer)
3) Craft 150 luck plate armor then enhance for 190 luck
4) Craft 100% elemental weapon - thread on here suggested using a shadow runic tool

My main confusion is why people suggest using anything but dull copper or spined runic tools. Both dull copper and spined runic tools can make equipment with just 1 property at 100% max intensity. If all I want is 150luck and plan to imbue the rest, wouldn't this make the most sense VS hoping to get 150 luck + a stat that I already plan to imbue?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. Spined kit and pick "Vicious/of Slaughter" for 5 HCI or "Towering/of Aegis" for 5 DCI.

2. I tend to go for a barbed kit here and hope for the 10 stam, mana inc, lmc and MR and some DEX.

3. Copper hammer with Fortune name.

4. Shadow hammer with powerful "Of Quality" name.

Reactions: hen

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
My main confusion is why people suggest using anything but dull copper or spined runic tools. Both dull copper and spined runic tools can make equipment with just 1 property at 100% max intensity. If all I want is 150luck and plan to imbue the rest, wouldn't this make the most sense VS hoping to get 150 luck + a stat that I already plan to imbue?
RIght... Dull Copper and Spined make properties at 100% intensity... 100% of the IMBUE intensity. So if you want 10 stam or 100 HLL on a broadsword, you simply cannot use a DC or Spined tool.

When you get, say, 150 LUCK you're getting 2 properties, but they're both luck, so one causes the overcapping.

Reactions: hen