• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

guess im just being nestolgic

• Thread starter bob da builder
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
B

bob da builder

man i used to love to bounty hunt.:(me and my axe,and some valorite plate mail.i dont know guess im just being nestolgic.but i would love to see them bring back bounty hunting,i know that it was corrupt but there are way to fix that.post some thoughts on this or hey what would some of u guys like to see again.:thumbup1:
i play video games not wright novels

A

Azaroth

I miss it.

I miss the old login screen with the chest animation that opened up, and the big red Login button.

The single facet with just T2A as the expansion, the "Silver Surpassingly accurate broadsword of Vanquishing" without the 'technical details' we see now.

Life was so different back then.

Honestly I would LOVE to play Siege. but I live in Australia, and my ping to Siege is 400ms. Simply can't PVP with that. And the siege ruleset = I could never compete with such a ping.

S

Solikos

I miss the old days as well... I quit previously with the release of Trammel.

I miss the fact that Plate Armor once provided better armor rating.

I miss the old Armor Rating and Spell Resistance system.

I miss UO when it was not a rush for high end equipment.

I miss playing my thief... Getting little done but really enjoying myself.

So much has changed in this game that I once loved, that I'm honestly not sure it's worth sticking around. If I just want to hunt down equipment I'll go play a game that was designed with that in mind. Crafting has changed so much it no longer interests me either...

If factions revs up a bit perhaps that could be the saving grace of UO for me... Then again I'd still have to fix my computer and get a decent internet connection.

*feels sad*

~ Solikos

L

Loqucious

I just miss the old days of throwing GM leather armor on my GM char, grabbing my GM katana and rushing out to PVP. Now ya gotta be a freakin math major to put together a PVP char. Silly

S

Solikos

I just miss the old days of throwing GM leather armor on my GM char, grabbing my GM katana and rushing out to PVP. Now ya gotta be a freakin math major to put together a PVP char. Silly
QFT!

D

D'Amavir

:thumbup1:
Exactly. I am not much for the number crunching. Most of my characters run around without armor (I am an rp'er) because I just don't enjoy the item grind. I don't hunt or pvp much because it just isn't worth it unless you dedicate all your time getting geared up with the lastest must haves. It they all disappeared today I would be happy.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A theif was by FAR the most fun to play. I had so much fun on my theif day in and day out.

Those days are gone.. unless you go find a PRS that I'm not allowed to promote on stratics but I will say it is IDENTICAL to pre-UO:R.

E

Eslake

What do I miss? hmm.

Well I remember the first time I was ever PKd (about 10 seconds after I first logged in). I trained up (the old fashioned way - by killing things), hunted down that PK, killed him, carved his corpse, and cooked him over a camp fire!

A lot of the really interesting stuff just isn't possible anymore. We can't loot others, carve human corpses, cook human parts, steal house keys - or break into a house anyway, trap people on that special little island... you know the one ;) ...

Seers, Councilors, Companions, and being a companion. =hn

My Supremely Accurate Indestructable Heavy Crossbow of Vanquishing!
If it had been silver, I would have sold it for $ and retired.

Life before statloss or even stat locks, colored ore, t-maps, and 64 spells in anyone's book.

It was a hard game-life back then, and it forced us to work together to survive - let alone prevail. These days the closest you get to that are champ spawns (which can be solo'd if nobody invades) and peerless (some of which are now soloable).

S

Solikos

steal house keys - or break into a house anyway, trap people on that special little island... you know the one ;) ...
Haha... Robbing houses and boats was great fun. And the island, I had nearly forgotten - I think everyone fell victim to that at least once (before they turned it on someone else). Reminds me of the ImANewb website - some funny stuff there.

E

Eslake

I Curse You Solikos! :twak:

Now I'm going to have to go to imanewbie.com and read the whole series yet again!!!

Anyone remember when flash was new and everyone was making little UO movies with it? :p There were some funny ones out there.

S

Solikos

I Curse You Solikos! :twak:

Now I'm going to have to go to imanewbie.com and read the whole series yet again!!!

Anyone remember when flash was new and everyone was making little UO movies with it? :p There were some funny ones out there.
Sowwie.

www.wtfman.com/flash/

Some old movies there :thumbup1:

~ Solikos