• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Guards Promotions 2-17-16

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Drakelord submitted a new Article:

Guards Promotions 2-17-16

View attachment 43243

Arriving early I took up a position just below the throne. It was not long before others began to arrive. Kara was next to arrive, she took a position along the runway as well. More and more begin arriving, soon there was a small crowd gather along the runway below the throne.

View attachment 43244

Our wait after this was short for the Lady Willow appeared, with words she explained as to what was to happen this evening. One at a time we were to be called forth before the King, he in turn would present us with a magical lantern that would bear our name and rank for this promotion. This lantern was blessed so would be able to carry at all Royal...
Read more about this article here...

Kupoking

Visitor
Well I suppose Drakelord it all depends on how you look at it - it seems there has been a shift from an "Army" like rank to a "Navy" like rank, would mean you have in-fact been promoted, but instead of an army rank like "second lieutenant" have become a navy rank like "Cadet" (USA)

My guess is that HRM (His Royal Majesty) Blackthorne is following a model set by his predecessor Lord British and is most likely following a UK military model.
British Army officer rank insignia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hope this little bit of research helps you feel better about your new rank . . . . cadet *snicker*
(*this lowly recruit hopes to avoid latrine duty for his smarting off* - please forgive me !)

- Recruit of the King's Royal Guard
Kupoking