• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

"Guards can now be called on you"

Experimental

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So today I'm sitting at Brit bank in TRAM doing nothing but watching a few guys have a pissing contest when suddenly I get the message "Guards can now be called on you". A few seconds later I get the message "Guards can no longer be called on you". Odd. Definitely NOT player text.
A few seconds later, the same messages again, while still doing NOTHING. I run out of town when I get the messages AGAIN, seemingly stuck in a loop of "Guards can now be called on you" and "Guards can no longer be called on you" over and over again.
I logged out then back in so wtf did this pub break??

L

love2winalot

I have no idea. But just in case, you need to give me looting rights, and inform me when the Guards can be called on you again :stretcher:

hehehehe

L

Lord Drakelord

ok now to make sure I am banking in areas no guards around, like Buc den.

Cogniac

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now I'm going to have to start running through WBB yelling "guards."

C

Canucklehead73

Only time I personally had this happen to me is when I was invising ppl at tram moonglow...

To make matter worse, i typed to my friend... "guards *WHACK-DEAD* can be called on me? wtf?"

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Never had that happen, However on my red I get that message anytime I'm in town and heal my own red pets @_@

Pickaxe Pete

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Perhaps you crafted a trapped chest that is being used for nefarious purposes elsewhere? :D

(They may have changed this mechanic long ago, no idea)

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The criminal timer only lasting a few seconds sounds like you're not getting flagged as a criminal through any normal situation.

Have you created any trapped chests? (I think those used to, or maybe still do, cause the crafter to get flagged when somebody is damaged by them... but I could be wrong)

Do you have a pet/summon somewhere that might be attacking things without your knowledge?

I'd page a GM about it if you can't find the cause on your own. If you get directed to a page that talks about normal criminal activity causing the flag, re-page giving more details (in a calm fashion - an angry request will just make it less likely that you'll get help).
You might want to send in a bug report and e-mail Jeremy as well with whatever details you have.

Experimental

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was on my tamer, hadn't left any trapped boxes or poisoned food anywhere (in years), no pets out of the stable except the mare I was riding, no pets attacking anyone. I hadn't been logged on for but a few minutes and hadn't done anything beyond recalling into WBB and sitting there watching a conversation.
No spells had been cast except for recall, hadn't touched anything except my runebook, hadn't gone into war mode, hadn't done anything.
Weird.
Logging out then back in again seemed to have fixed it for the moment tho.

Will email Jeremy asap.

B

butthead owns

well to help u out it boils down to peps turning grey in fell then they wait in there homes till 5 secs for they go blue then they run to gate u attack and you your self get guard whacked for attacking a greay which is a joke!

F

Fayled Dhreams

Any reflect physical on your suit ?

Over stayed your welcome ?

got your "criminal acts" warning enabled/disabled ?

Still "getting it" ?

Experimental

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No reflect phys
Overstaying my welcome a possibility, lol
Criminal acts is disabled, but I was in tram and not doing anything whatsoever
Logging out then back in stopped it, but I logged off that char again after about a half hour. Will log on her again tomoorw and see if I get it again.

L

Lord Kynd

Only time I personally had this happen to me is when I was invising ppl at tram moonglow...

To make matter worse, i typed to my friend... "guards *WHACK-DEAD* can be called on me? wtf?"

invising people over and over when they are not asking to be invised is a form a griefing.
people that invis others without being asked to do so should be punished.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

invising people over and over when they are not asking to be invised is a form a griefing.
You are kidding? Right? Wow...la

A

Ash

Not exactly, the definitions/situations I have read on griefing state the player must ask the person to stop. It is not griefing to invis a player bank sitting, it isn't even griefing to invis the person sitting there beating on a golem. The KB articles even go so far as to state the person must try to remove themselves from the area before it is considered griefing. So, someone invis you and you ask them to stop and they don't, you walk away and they follow to do it again then yes that is griefing.

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There was a guy that was standing on the turn in guy so someone invised him. He said if they did it again he was going to call a gm. Wouldn't standing on the turn in guy be a form of griefing too since it made it harder to turn in your stuff?

Alvinho

Great Lakes Forever!
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There was a guy that was standing on the turn in guy so someone invised him. He said if they did it again he was going to call a gm. Wouldn't standing on the turn in guy be a form of griefing too since it made it harder to turn in your stuff?
Funny let him page a gm, I was given a warning for standing on onoe