• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Guard Wacked in VVV Town

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
so the Bo got guard wacked twice already in vvv towns. There happen to be blue guards walking around vvv towns. Bo accidentally attacked the blue guards by dropping pots (supernova, and conflag). Dropped the pot to combat a stealther and got guard wacked for it. Bo thought these guards were supposedly turned off. And yes the Bo is red.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
so the Bo got guard wacked twice already in vvv towns. There happen to be blue guards walking around vvv towns. Bo accidentally attacked the blue guards by dropping pots (supernova, and conflag). Dropped the pot to combat a stealther and got guard wacked for it. Bo thought these guards were supposedly turned off. And yes the Bo is red.
The Guards are only turned off during the battles, was the battle over?

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
no no this was during the battle, go try it out. There are blue guards walking round the vvv cities, and if youre red and hit them area effect you are toasted in one shot.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This was on Siege if that has any relevance.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This happens in two circumstances.

1. As a red you've placed a field in the VvV town, the battle ends and you get guardwacked.

2. You leave the VvV area, and the VvV battle ends, however as you left the town your blue status bar remains and you believe the battle is on going. (this is a bug)

Nephilim

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I have had multiple experiences during the actual fight that if your area effect goes off and hits a blue guard he GWs you.

Troop

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have had multiple experiences during the actual fight that if your area effect goes off and hits a blue guard he GWs you.
Wow, this will make things a bit challenging. I hope they fix it soon.

Nephilim

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Yea, it's even gone as far as to kill the guildmate whom is ressing me. Now we just don't fight where we see one...

PJay

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Guards are only turned off during the battles, was the battle over?
Trouble is Kyronix you don't always know the battle is over. The gump doesn't always update correctly.

IMO a period where the town zone is enabled (so you cannot place fields) but the guards are not then 5mins later the guards are added (time for all fields to fall).

Area affects and area spells have always been the same just need to be careful :).

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Trouble is Kyronix you don't always know the battle is over. The gump doesn't always update correctly.

IMO a period where the town zone is enabled (so you cannot place fields) but the guards are not then 5mins later the guards are added (time for all fields to fall).

Area affects and area spells have always been the same just need to be careful :).
You should be getting the scroll gump at the end of the match which has some information about stats, which is separate from the battle status gump, are you not getting that gump too?

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You should be getting the scroll gump at the end of the match which has some information about stats, which is separate from the battle status gump, are you not getting that gump too?
Pretty sure I sometimes haven't either. Not sure of the specifics behind it though. Next time I'm in a VvV town I'll see what triggers it. I may have been out of the VvV zone (the Skara moongate) when it happened, I'll try to replicate it shortly when the next battle on Atlantic starts.

PJay

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sometimes you don't but sometimes due to fighting and movement you click it off and don't really notice. But when the battle is over there is no grace period and your instantly vulnerable.

I would prefer the gump to simply state the battle is over with the option to view the match stats.

Last edited:

Broli

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
What is killing people are the old chaos and order guards. They are still walking around and if you flag them they kill you in 1 hit. Its happened to a guild make right in front of me 3 times and after i rezed. him i also got killed by the same guard.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No you can really still get guards wack even in a battle , these blues guards wandering in the cities as the OP mentionned, if you flag on them by double clicking, area effect damage or direct damage on them, they guard wack you. They should be turned off at least when its in a city battle @Kyronix

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
See what you get for chasing me around? :D

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
would be nice if the end of battle gump does not pop up in the center of the screen. i was dismounted and running from 3 people when this happened to me. didn't end well, i can tell you that.