• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) GSF Summer auction

Hoffs

Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The next Governor Slush Fund auction, the Summer one, will be taking place on Sunday 10th August at 3pm Eastern. The auction provides an opportunity for folk to buy and sell items, bring the community together for an event, and to raise money for a good cause, which in this case continues to be our town treasuries.†

Full details of the live auction event will be made available in August. The event is designed to last two hours which allows for the sale of around sixty lots. If more items than this are submitted for sale, the excess will be sold in a separate forum auction to be held in the days leading up to the live event.

Commission & donations

The auctioneer will levy a charge of 5% on all lots sold and the money so raised (the “Town Fund”) will be split equally between the participating towns. In addition, lots may be donated entirely for the benefit of the Town Fund (100% of sale price to fund) or to an individual town (5% to Town Fund, 95% to nominated town).

The public is also welcome to make a cash donation directly to the auctioneer in favour of either the Town Fund or a specific town. This is no different than giving cash directly to the town heralds except that your donation will appear in the official accounts and will therefore be recorded for posterity.

Participating towns

All governors are encouraged to support the auction and help advertise it. To make your town eligible for a share of the Town Fund, please PM me or post here to confirm your participation and support.

Reserve price

Items submitted for sale may be assigned a minimum price that the seller is willing to accept, although items may be rejected if the auctioneer views the reserve as unreasonably high and unlikely to lead to a sale.

Submitting items for sale

To submit your items, PM me here. Be sure to include any reserve prices you wish to assign the goods, although these could be changed later. All items are presumed to be for the benefit of the seller unless otherwise stated. If you wish to donate the entire proceeds of an item to the Town Fund or to an individual town, please clearly state this. Items so donated will state the name of the donor unless anonymity is specifically requested. General items for sale will not list the name of the seller unless it is necessary to do so.

Advanced bids

To aid those unable to attend the live event or find a suitable proxy, the auctioneer will take private bids in advance of the sale. Further details on this service will be posted nearer the event.

Official accounts

A record of sale prices and all monies raised will be published after the auction.

Confidentiality & liability

All reserve prices and other privileged information from sellers will be kept in confidence by the auctioneer except in the event of a new auctioneer having to be appointed due to illness or force majeure.

† If you know of a worthy cause you think should be considered for future fund-raising, please PM me.

Previous GSF live auction
Previous GSF forum auction
Previous GSF auction accounts

Last edited:

Wolfman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
New Magincia will sign up again.
Glad you are doing this again Governor of Skara Brae!!!

Kattasrophe

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Moonglow city will sign up again too. We look forward to this and would like to thank all of GIL and Baby Doll for being able to make this happen.

York_Siege

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I think I may have a few things to throw in this time.... however, my time is about as limited. I hope will prep up a bag the next time i'm on.

Sam

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Jhelom will proudly participate in the Auction!

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I really am looking forward to this - hope I am around.

Hoffs

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for all the items that have been submitted for sale so far. There is still another week to go, so if you have anything you would like to sell off, PM me; a standard 5% commission goes to the Town Fund.

All towns are now signed up except for Britain and Vesper. Still waiting to hear from them.

Last edited:

HoldenCaulfield

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Hoffs,

If I may place Britain in as the proxy governor, then please accept this post as confirmation from Britain and full support.

[I have been unable to reach Governor Phantroneous Cat directly]

Thanks,
Holden

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks for all the items that have been submitted for sale so far. There is still another week to go, so if you have anything you would like to sell off, PM me; a standard 5% commission goes to the Town Fund.

All towns are now signed up except for Britain and Vesper. Still waiting to hear from them.
I have been attempting to get in touch with the Vesper mayor, i have not seen them since the week after the election or so. If anyone has heard from Eli Cross, please let me know.

Kattasrophe

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I have been attempting to get in touch with the Vesper mayor, i have not seen them since the week after the election or so. If anyone has heard from Eli Cross, please let me know.
Hi Victim, he is in my guild and He lives in a different time zone than most of us. 6 hours ahead of Eastern. He has not been online as he usually is, but he loves to work in real life.. so I assume there might be a holiday where he lives or perhaps his boss has him on a bigger job. I will try and contact him for you. Thank you for your patients - Katt

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hi Victim, he is in my guild and He lives in a different time zone than most of us. 6 hours ahead of Eastern. He has not been online as he usually is, but he loves to work in real life.. so I assume there might be a holiday where he lives or perhaps his boss has him on a bigger job. I will try and contact him for you. Thank you for your patients - Katt
Thank you Katt, I appreciate it.

Hoffs

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Hoffs,

If I may place Britain in as the proxy governor, then please accept this post as confirmation from Britain and full support.

[I have been unable to reach Governor Phantroneous Cat directly]

Thanks,
Holden
Okay, thanks. So just Vesper missing then.

Kattasrophe

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Hoffs, I know Eli very well and I know that he would want to be apart of this. If there is anything I can do please let me know thank you,

Katt

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I will crush Vesper and make it a storage city for Trinsic.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*looks around...* Did I say that out loud?

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Trinsic is boring and Vesper is annoying.... :gun:

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hoffs.... Perhaps you could add the deadline to submit items to the OP above. (*** End of July ***)
:cool:

Hoffs

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, the governor of Vesper still has time left to respond himself anyway.

And I would say that Friday 1st August will be the last day for anyone that wishes to add anything to the auction.

Hoffs

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Four days left for anyone who wishes to submit items for sale.

And as per the King's wishes, Vesper will also be included in the Town Fund.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Four days left for anyone who wishes to submit items for sale.

And as per the King's wishes, Vesper will also be included in the Town Fund.
I am attempting to get a donation together, and I sent you a PM. *wearily goes back to work*

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am attempting to get a donation together, and I sent you a PM. *wearily goes back to work*
I went ahead and got a quick donation together, sell it for whatever you can get, and donate it all to the town fun please. I pm'd you where i left it.

Hoffs

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks very much. Some very nice additions to the sale that we don't have already.

Hoffs

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for those, Katt.

Today (Friday) is the last day to submit anything for sale. PM me if you wish to do so and the items may be dropped in the mailbox at either Gilfane Citadel or the one inside Vernia Market in New Mag (the plot next to the flower garden).

Hoffs

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Submission deadline has now passed. Many thanks to all those that have put items into the sale, particularly those who have donated the entire proceeds to the towns. Full lot listings and auction details should be up at the start of next week.

Last edited: