• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Growing the Population - How to Draw People to Baja.

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I want Baja Citizens to have a look at U.Hall General and the UO Corner here on Stratics.

Notice something?

There have been several threads in the past couple weeks where New and Returning Players announce their search for a new Shard to call home. These threads tend to be jumped on by the cheerleading squads of larger shards (e.g. Atlantic, Great Lakes) and sometimes the fans of smaller communities like Origin.

But no one ever hears about Baja.

Threads such as this one. And this one. And this one.

That needs to change.

I believe we - the Baja Shard - have something unique to offer those people who choose to call this server home. We possess an active and tight knit circle with some of the most charitable people around. We possess several active Spawning Alliances. A small group of PvPers itching for new blood to shed. And a Roleplaying Community that is once again growing with the return of several veteran guilds (Golden, Avalon, et. al.) and a renewed emphasis on Evil and Antagonist Characters.

All we seem to lack is a crowd in Luna. That frightens those who are more accustomed to the press of unresponsive neon bodies as a barometer of a shards health.

So I need two things.

One. I want a list of those People and Guilds willing to introduce New and Returning Players to the Baja Shard. I need RPers. I need PvMers and Spawners. I need PvPers. People I can refer a Visitor to. One who can show these people around and introduce them to the community that engages in their prefered playstyle.

Those interested can Private Message me or respond to this thread.

Two. I want to hear peoples thoughts on how we might attract people dissatisfied with their current shard to ours. What recruitment tools should we use and how will we keep that interest going.

We have the chance to change things. Will you be an instrument of that change?

BajaElladan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail Folks,

This is a Fair and Serious Question and Thread. It deserves Thoughtful and Serious Responses. There are some who have lived in Sosaria and on Baja longer than I have, though not many. While I began my Sosarian Life on Great Lakes, Catskills, Lake Superior, and Atlantic, I came to Baja very shortly after its creation. The Roots I planted on Baja became the strongest and deepest of any I planted.

Folks come to a Shard for many reasons and may depart a Shard for just as many reasons. While every Sosarian Shard is similar, each also has its own uniqueness and special qualities. So to is each Shards populations. For some the decision is based solely on ping and connection stability. For others the decision is more complex.

Many are aware of attempts from other Shards to lure or persuade Folks on Baja to visit or relocate to other Shards. I speak of in game methods using dropped Books, Runes, Renamed tamed animals, and character spammers among others. Not only do I not favor or support these methods, I actively oppose them in game by any means possible. So I obviously do not favor using such methods in attempts to bring others to Baja from other Shards.

I do favor Players on Baja, who also have Characters on other Shards sharing with others their experiences on Baja and vice versa. Some Guilds have long existed on Multiple Shards, United Tamers of Britannia (UTB), Society of Archers (S|A), Treasure Hunters of Britannia (THB), and the Mage Tower (MT) to name but a few. Some recurring Player Run Events or Activities have long been "magnets" attracting participants from many Shards. Tavern Nights, the Best Shot in the Realm (BSR) Archery Tournament, Taming Hour at the Moonglow Zoo, Sunday's in Doom, Net Tosses, the Festival of the Way and Skaran Spring Bazaar have all seen visitors and participants from other Shards, and similar Events on other Shards have had participants and visitors from Baja.

I also favor a Thread, perhaps Stickied and tightly Moderated, on EACH Shard's Forum extolling what each Shard has to offer those seeking their first Shard, or new Shard, or additional Shard(s). I favor such Shard Threads "accentuating their positives," instead of being vessels for recruitment or negativity by those only seeking to lure folks to "their" Shard from all others.

On a Very Personal Note, one of my Characters Established and Operates the Baja Community Center (BCC). Since my retirement in real life, I have been making progress toward the Renovation, Redesign, and Expansion of the Baja Community Center. Jack O Lanterns, while an AMAZING advertisement for the Center, slowed that progress, as has some other in game issues involving friends, houses, and Giant Beetle saddle sores, hehe.

It is my intention to soon announce a Player Run Event as part of the Center's Official ReOpening. Following that, or perhaps as part of that, the (HIYA) Guild will seek Members to aid Charlemagne in Greeting New and Returning Players, in Distributing "Community Chests," with "essentials" for such Characters.

In Summary, I Favor and support enhancing the "Baja Experience" so that spending time on Baja is the preferred way and place for others to want to spend their in game time!!! Point out our "Highlights" in a "Welcome To Baja" Topic Thread Stickied atop the Baja Forum.

For me, HOW we Promote Baja without directly attempting to lure or steal folks from other Shards Matters! Some may not see the difference but to me the HOW is more than Nuance, it is the Virtuous Way to let others know of the Special Place that exists, that We Call Baja!

I welcome and invite this discussion and your Thoughts and Comments.

Lord Elladan of Baja (TPB)
Legendary Paladin of Trinsic

Brytt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One. I want a list of those People and Guilds willing to introduce New and Returning Players to the Baja Shard. I need RPers. I need PvMers and Spawners. I need PvPers. People I can refer a Visitor to. One who can show these people around and introduce them to the community that engages in their prefered playstyle.

Those interested can Private Message me or respond to this thread.

Two. I want to hear peoples thoughts on how we might attract people dissatisfied with their current shard to ours. What recruitment tools should we use and how will we keep that interest going.

We have the chance to change things. Will you be an instrument of that change?
Count me in. I'm almost wondering if we shouldn't design some kind of "welcoming pipeline," i.e., we ask for people to signup to be part of Baja's official welcome wagon, except that we come up with a better name than welcome wagon which, at best, is tired and cliché.

Something like:
  1. We have two roles: Event Planners, and Guides/Ambassadors (but with cooler names) and recruit signups from all interested playstyles.
  2. A new Baja prospect is referred to the Event Planners, who assign an Ambassador to give the newbie a tour. The Event Planner also works with the prospect to arrange a date/time/location for a "welcome event" which would rotate between cities, taverns, and other interesting locations. This welcome event would be low-key and basically just a "meet at greet". I'd discourage heavy event planning for these or we'll burn people out real quick. Something simple and repeatable ad nauseum. Maybe set up a recurring date/time, e.g., Monday nights at 7 (or something) are welcome nights for new referrals and the location rotates.
  3. If you are the Ambassador paired with a particular new referral, you would be assigned to giving the new individual a tour, helping them get to their welcome event, and trying to get them out to do a few different things in their playstyle of interest, whether it's a quick trip to farm Ogre Lords, PvP hunting, a few Tavern nights or whatever.
  4. If you are an Ambassador and it is not your turn to tour, you commit to receiving messages from the Event Planners announcing new visitors and agree to attend as many welcome events as possible.
  5. We also take signups for "Resources" for people who are interested in helping new players with armor/resources but not interested in committing to full-blown tour guide. Perhaps coordinated through the HIYA welcome center? See below.
So, basically, if you sign up as an Ambassador (or whatever), you'd get emails/ICQ/whatever to announce "upcoming welcome event: new player JohnDoe at 7PM PST Tuesday 1/15 at the (insert random place here: Green Dragon Tavern, Nujel'm Inn, Ilshenar ruins) etc... and try to attend as many as possible. In addition, you'd be responsible for getting your assigned newbs to their welcome events and one or two follow-up fun activities.

If you signed up as an Event Planner (or whatever), you'd have the responsibility of being the first point of contact for the new referral (including proactively contacting them in whatever post generated the referral), finding out their preferred playstyle, assigning them an Ambassador and making introductions, determining a date/time/location that works for both the Ambassador and the visitor, and then notifying all Ambassadors of an upcoming meet & greet.

Thoughts? Do we want something this structured?

Many are aware of attempts from other Shards to lure or persuade Folks on Baja to visit or relocate to other Shards. I speak of in game methods using dropped Books, Runes, Renamed tamed animals, and character spammers among others. Not only do I not favor or support these methods, I actively oppose them in game by any means possible. So I obviously do not favor using such methods in attempts to bring others to Baja from other Shards.
Agree completely.

It is my intention to soon announce a Player Run Event as part of the Center's Official ReOpening. Following that, or perhaps as part of that, the (HIYA) Guild will seek Members to aid Charlemagne in Greeting New and Returning Players, in Distributing "Community Chests," with "essentials" for such Characters.
Look forward to seeing the event you come up with.

In Summary, I Favor and support enhancing the "Baja Experience" so that spending time on Baja is the preferred way and place for others to want to spend their in game time!!! Point out our "Highlights" in a "Welcome To Baja" Topic Thread Stickied atop the Baja Forum.
Wonderful, constructive comments. I can see the Community Center playing a big role in our "enhanced experience". I agree with all of your thoughts here and keep up your work with the Community Center.

Elden of Baja

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As a member of KR I can say that we are presently at Recruiting capacity, until our present "Dubs" have been suited and scrolled. I do agree that baja does have a lot to offer and still has some life left in it (Although Rarely Ever In Fel).

If anyone needs some help with events/Supplying Resources for Events just let me know.

Never Been one for RP though, so count me out on those matters :)

A

Akalayath

As a piggyback to this thread, and having followed the climate on Baja for sometime, I am really considering a transfer to Baja from my home shard. Now, I am not a new player but this thread did convince to come on out and seriously consider moving to Baja. I am interested in getting touch with any RP/PvM guilds that are recruiting and can give me some more information through PM or in-game.

Any help would be appreciated

Brytt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As a piggyback to this thread, and having followed the climate on Baja for sometime, I am really considering a transfer to Baja from my home shard. Now, I am not a new player but this thread did convince to come on out and seriously consider moving to Baja. I am interested in getting touch with any RP/PvM guilds that are recruiting and can give me some more information through PM or in-game.

Any help would be appreciated
Hello, Akalayath! I'll send you a PM with one bard's opinions of some of the highlights of Baja and where to start seeking information, I encourage others to do the same.

Brytt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can someone suggest a good location for a meet & greet with Akalayath? I'd like to see if we can line up a good time for Akalayath to meet our RP and PvM folks sometime in the next few evenings. It can be anywhere interesting, Baja unique, or just a cool location like Nujel'm or somewhere...

I'm looking for someplace OTHER than the Golden Brew, simply because I do enough there all day long and there are tons of cool places in Britannia that we never use....

So, suggest away!

Z

Zanthes[EcZ]

Greetings Akalayath!!

Welcome to Baja, should you decide to join us in our adventure!

A few highlights of Baja and its diverse community!
There are talking chickens and dogs here... Good times!
We may be 'quiet' but people come out when there are things to do, battles to be won and good times to be had!
There are the PVPers, PVMers and all the mixes in between!
Role-Players galore, although you may need to look for them, we are around.
Lunatics, Gypsies, Ghostly Shades, Elves of all ilks, Gargoyles and who knows what else!
Communities and player run towns... wow we could go on.

Above all we are friendly to a fault! Even with the rivalries, minor gank-fests and what may seem to be everlasting conflicts - we are still friendly and help each other. :thumbsup:

Small we may be, but large in heart!

Visit us! You will not be disappointed!
We promise.

Hope to see you soon!
Elevere Zanthes
Queen, Elf Clan Zanthes
Baja Shard

Y

Yalp

The Covenant of the Dark Moon's (CTDM) first priority has always been a first step in helping new players get established and ready for play on Baja. We have been a first stop for many on the shard while we help them get gear and gold and get going. We happily offer new and transferring players the hand it takes to get started. Count me in as a contact for newbies.

On a shard note..

One of my fav memories was the day we decided to do all peerless in one round. Perhaps we could expand that to be a Baja-invites all commers to a Peerless day. Once a month perhaps... Baja citizens collect say 3 sets of keys for all peerless. We advertise. The day of, a Baja resident leads a party of visitors, peppered with enough vets properly geared to make sure the peerless can be completed. We throw up a schedule, say every 25 minutes a new peerless party kicks off. Central meeting location.. Put it near a moongate but keep it away from Luna. During the off time, I would imagine new toons to the shard will need suits and training and weapons. Our resident crafters and imbuers can work with new peeps. Some sticky threads on Stratics Baja for coordination with new peeps. Donation of some powerscrolls for new players. Perhaps we work a few shard wide imbuing/ingredient farming days to get enough so the crafters can make 10 mage suits, 10 dexer suits, 10 archer suits etc.

Just an idea off the top of my head.. details can be further flushed out.

BajaElladan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can someone suggest a good location for a meet & greet with Akalayath? I'd like to see if we can line up a good time for Akalayath to meet our RP and PvM folks sometime in the next few evenings. It can be anywhere interesting, Baja unique, or just a cool location like Nujel'm or somewhere...

I'm looking for someplace OTHER than the Golden Brew, simply because I do enough there all day long and there are tons of cool places in Britannia that we never use....

So, suggest away!
Hail Folks,

The 3rd Floor of the Community Center is designed to accommodate either meetings or the occassional Auction. It is available to ALL Characters, and if the Meeting Leader desires entry into the "Speakers Well," Charlemagne will happily make that happen.

IF the Community Center works for this purpose, Wheeeee, if not I am sure Baja has what is needed.

Lord Elladan at Charlemagne's Request

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome, Akalayath.

If she is interested I propose we meet at an NPC Pub - the Blue Boar or the Shattered Skull would be appropriate - and determine an IC reason for our gathering. Perhaps something as simple as we being a band of adventurers and mages gathered to exchange stories of lost treasure and primeval artifacts over a pint of Ursula's Best.

This might lead to a trip to the nearest dungeon or an adventure centered around that forgotten treasure map. In essence the Classic D&D Campaign Opener.

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Perhaps we could expand that to be a Baja-invites all commers to a Peerless day. Once a month perhaps... Baja citizens collect say 3 sets of keys for all peerless. We advertise. The day of, a Baja resident leads a party of visitors, peppered with enough vets properly geared to make sure the peerless can be completed. We throw up a schedule, say every 25 minutes a new peerless party kicks off. Central meeting location.. Put it near a moongate but keep it away from Luna.
I see.

Would the Covenant be interested in starting and maintaining such an event?

Y

Yalp

Yeah we're good to get something going.. but we'd need help from others on the shard to get all the keys in a timely manner and lead some runs.

Voluptuous

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi, I've been playing on Baja for roughly um..8 years now? And as a IDOC camper I've watched it's slow and sometimes rapid demise.

While we can def say our forums are active (my god look at Sonoma forum sometime)...our shard looks like it should have tumble-weeds blowing thru.

Our role-playing community that hosts events is strong...tis good. Are these events growing in attendance? Why or why not? Do you attract new people or are you the same select group over and over?

The VERY FIRST THING people see when coming to check out our shard is...

LUNA.

And luna was dead a long time. Slooowly I see an increase in vendors but its still disgusting to the newcomer's eyes. I wanted to draw people to come to Baja even as a new char just to LOOK. I built Mclunas. I have 4 boards full of visitor's positive comments. Did any stay? I dunno, hope so. I convinced Sarsmi to build the Solar System...she got a wave of visitor attraction too. I started building other attractionss to resell (Shamu)...but it got torn down in a broken promise, so I don't know if it's a viable plan for me.

I suggest all Luna shop owners not redeco...but most importantly put up VENDORS. If you have NONE, put up three with items you'll not have to stock often if you don't care for running it all the time. If you have some already, put up more with filler stock like daily rares or the like. Rent spots out free.

PACK LUNA WITH VENDORS. Just for 3 months....see if that makes a difference in attracting new players.

If you want a unusual plot lemme know...lol I've a few ideas up my sleeve that I'll do for free. *hint hint*

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Voluptous has a good point.

Whenever Cartel has new friends over from other shards, they always comment that they can't find the supplies they need to suit up. We end up hooking them up, but I imagine the problem is even more glaring for those who are complete newcomers to the shard and don't know anyone.

And Luna is the first place they look. Newcomers aren't going to share the Baja RPers' disdain of Luna; they're going to come and head there first to find what they need.

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Who can come up with/start a list of those items that should be stocked on vendors?

C

Cymidei Fier

Private message me and I will give you ideas for how "recruitment" of role-players could be accomplished on Baja.

ToniFierce

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One of the first things I notice when I go to another shard is their "general chat." We went to another shard not so long ago, and from the tone in general chat I was pretty sure I didn't want to be a part of ANY of them.

While I am just as guilty as any other, maybe guild leaders should start discouraging trash talk in general chat. Healthy competition is one thing, but tearing down others in a public way may make an outsider decide they want no parts of Baja.

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gen chat is considerably worse on a lot of shards, except for those that just stay quiet.

P

Pauldarian

If you want more people, make it personal.
Tell your friends tell your family, hell tell you're co-workers don't be afraid to look silly or have some one make fun of you.

The family and or couples (even friends) that play UO together STAY together!

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yalp said:
Yeah we're good to get something going.. but we'd need help from others on the shard to get all the keys in a timely manner and lead some runs.
Proserpina and Xel the Wanderer used to lead Peerlesses and Gauntlets for members of the BRPA Alliance.

I am not as familiar with the PvM End Game - I spend too much time Roleplaying - but I can have one of them show me how to get things set up and lead a couple Spawns.

R

Rosscoe

This response won't gather much of anything.

It seems to me that Stratics has been (their moderators per se`) over the course of time since UO:R has been very biased in their attitudes twords PvP.

That wasn't a slam on the last locked threat before anyone gets their undies in a bunch.

But in reality, the most game currency, most transfers, most financial activities, and overall appreciation (value) of many game items is a result of PvP. This means that PvP makes the game have many different effects on shards and the world itself. Otherwise all you'd be hearing about is people killing Lady Mel, and who was hogging the Elder Gazer spawn.

People leave and relocate shards over PvP. If it gets quiet people tend to split. But I have to admit, the majority of Baja's posters could give a rat's behind less about what happens to those people.

As long as we have locked threads about it, people who *think* about browsing here can get a good glimpse that the general community doesn't care. The action(s) of moderators over years would indicate that as well.

And any of ya can ramble "personal attacks yatta..", but I really think it's way overboard. Again, I am calling people biased here which is my own opinion.. and of which I am entitled to.

The rest is up to everyone else. But the reality here is people are returning to the game. Either something personal, population, or "activity" is going to draw them. Each one with none having the importance over the other affects this shard greatly. And as the topic of the post says: we need people here.

Y

Yalp

Proserpina and Xel the Wanderer used to lead Peerlesses and Gauntlets for members of the BRPA Alliance.

I am not as familiar with the PvM End Game - I spend too much time Roleplaying - but I can have one of them show me how to get things set up and lead a couple Spawns.
Anytime a core group of people want to get together to discuss the details of such an activity, give me a shout (PM here or a shout out on gen chat in game). Weekends are probably better for me than weekdays. Maybe setting a goal for having our collective ducks lined up could be sometime first weekend in February?

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

It seems to me that Stratics has been (their moderators per se`) over the course of time since UO:R has been very biased in their attitudes twords PvP.

That wasn't a slam on the last locked threat before anyone gets their undies in a bunch.

But in reality, the most game currency, most transfers, most financial activities, and overall appreciation (value) of many game items is a result of PvP. This means that PvP makes the game have many different effects on shards and the world itself. Otherwise all you'd be hearing about is people killing Lady Mel, and who was hogging the Elder Gazer spawn.

People leave and relocate shards over PvP. If it gets quiet people tend to split. But I have to admit, the majority of Baja's posters could give a rat's behind less about what happens to those people.

As long as we have locked threads about it, people who *think* about browsing here can get a good glimpse that the general community doesn't care. The action(s) of moderators over years would indicate that as well.

And any of ya can ramble "personal attacks yatta..", but I really think it's way overboard. Again, I am calling people biased here which is my own opinion.. and of which I am entitled to.

The rest is up to everyone else. But the reality here is people are returning to the game. Either something personal, population, or "activity" is going to draw them. Each one with none having the importance over the other affects this shard greatly. And as the topic of the post says: we need people here.

Hi Rosscoe,

I understand many of your frustrations about the moderation of PvP on Stratics. It is one of the most difficult things to do as a moderator. We have certain guidelines given us and while trying to follow those guidelines.. bias may seem like what is happening.

In all fairness to the moderators... we are only human. We make the best decision with what we have. PvPers are a unique crowd and yes a lot of this game revolves around a shards PvP scene.

With that said... this discussion should be about what can be done in game... not what can be done here on Stratics. So if you have opinions of what can be changed.. Please feel free to express them... reasonably and without breaking the RoC.

I love Baja. And while yes I've been away from game... coming back and being a part of Baja and it's community was never a question... it was a fact.

So please let's continue this discussion of how to make Baja the best shard... bar none... for all players... from RP to PvP and everyone in between and outside those lines.

Oriana

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Responded to privately.

P

Pauldarian

I am posting this again because people either ignored it or said "no" silently to themselves.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you want more people, make it personal.
Tell your friends tell your family, hell tell you're co-workers don't be afraid to look silly or have some one make fun of you.

The family and or couples (even friends) that play UO together STAY together!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Make a commitment to yourself, to Baja that you will invite at least ONE person to come play

R

Rosscoe

With that said... this discussion should be about what can be done in game... not what can be done here on Stratics. So if you have opinions of what can be changed.. Please feel free to express them... reasonably and without breaking the RoC.
You're missing the point here exactly.

The forums are conducting a converstaion on how to get players to Baja. My post was stating that the forum community (Stratics and the people who post) could deter people from coming here. It's black and white and exactly on the opposite side of the other.

So, I should jump into this conversation and cheer everyone on without having my own opinion because it's pointing a finger?

My point was to make a remedy which could help people to come here. As I anticipated (and have over the last 10 years) realise it once again was a pointless mistake on my own behalf.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You're missing the point here exactly.

The forums are conducting a converstaion on how to get players to Baja. My post was stating that the forum community (Stratics and the people who post) could deter people from coming here. It's black and white and exactly on the opposite side of the other.

So, I should jump into this conversation and cheer everyone on without having my own opinion because it's pointing a finger?

My point was to make a remedy which could help people to come here. As I anticipated (and have over the last 10 years) realise it once again was a pointless mistake on my own behalf.

*sighs*

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Give up? Heck no!

In fact I see signs in game already of people taking action.

I've seen players outfit new comers with lrc suits, gold to cover the insurance, given spellbooks, city rune books, weapons etc. I see people act as councilors. I've seen players reach out with thoughtfulness and kindness to newcomers. I've seen players take new ones under their wings while they go battle the invasions.

I've seen general chat inviting people to go on a Mel or doom run. I've seen a guild donate power scrolls to the community center. I've seen armor and weapons donated to the Community Center. I'm seeing Luna Vendors looking like they are better stocked.

I'm seeing people doing something. And no, again I'm not going to name anyone because I know if I do I will miss someone and I do not wish to offend.

So respectfully I'm going to ask each and every Baja family member on this thread... what are you doing to help?

A

amj

hi I tried to return to the game a few months ago. I ended up joining SI for a few weeks and decided to go my own way. When I went looking for a new guild everyone either was magically all full or they were in a alliance with SI leaving very little options for returning players who dont have any old friends and no where to go.

Voluptuous

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe also mention tearing down a beautiful home and turn it into grass plots is not helping.

P

Pauldarian

I keep telling everyone how to fix it and no one listens.

Make it PERSONAL

Talk to people you actually know. Intro them to UO!

THAT and ONLY that is how to get more people here.

You complain and yet no one does ANYTHING!

I ask one person I know a DAY!

It's people like you that are killing UO because you refuse to make it personal.

and that's that's the straight talk

C

canary

I keep telling everyone how to fix it and no one listens.

Make it PERSONAL

Talk to people you actually know. Intro them to UO!

THAT and ONLY that is how to get more people here.

You complain and yet no one does ANYTHING!

I ask one person I know a DAY!

It's people like you that are killing UO because you refuse to make it personal.

and that's that's the straight talk
Actually, and to be perfectly honest, most of my friends make fun of Ultima Online and its aging client. My boyfriend even calls it 'that ugly game you play'.

I would say you build on Baja's strengths and promote within the UO community and especially to shards lacking in number. For some, there are other strengths. I started a thread in UO regarding underrated shards. I think there seems to be a lot of role players (or casual role players at the very least) on Baja. I also see that there is a definite family type environment to be had, where it is like Cheers ('where everybody knows your name').

There are players on other shards looking for something else in their game experience that is maybe lacking on said shard. Getting the news out on what Baja has to offer imo is necessary.

P

Pauldarian

Actually, and to be perfectly honest, most of my friends make fun of Ultima Online and its aging client.
I understand that, however I really think my method is the best because before draw you need numbers.

And this post however for everyone I really want Warder Dragon to respond, because aside from posting this 2-3 times I've PM'ed this to people.,

I mean we can all sit around and argue with me but at the end of the day do you really want to see that I was right?

I don't think so.

C

canary

I understand that, however I really think my method is the best because before draw you need numbers.

And this post however for everyone I really want Warder Dragon to respond, because aside from posting this 2-3 times I've PM'ed this to people.,

I mean we can all sit around and argue with me but at the end of the day do you really want to see that I was right?

I don't think so.
With all due respect, your post comes across as you being really full of yourself.

Again, no disrespect. Just observation.

P

Pauldarian

[/QUOTE]

With all due respect, your post comes across as you being really full of yourself.

Again, no disrespect. Just observation.[/QUOTE]

None, taken It's just confidence, with a first name like Pauldarian I was teased alot, and being a relative of a politican, I like to stick to my points.

Which my point has not changed. My method WILL get results

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let's try to stay on topic here. This thread is dangerous enough as is.

P

Pauldarian

Let's try to stay on topic here. This thread is dangerous enough as is.
I agree and the topic is how to get people to baja. To do that I think everyone should ask one person they know and get them to try UO. I think that is the best method marketing companies use the door to door method to this day. Worth od mouth is key.

Unless I am misunderstanding the parameters of the topic which could be the case, if I am grossly mistaken and the parameters are ONLY for IN game methods, please let me know.
However if it is only for ingame methods, I would like to know why that is the case

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whenever Cartel has new friends over from other shards, they always comment that they can't find the supplies they need to suit up. We end up hooking them up, but I imagine the problem is even more glaring for those who are complete newcomers to the shard and don't know anyone.

And Luna is the first place they look. Newcomers aren't going to share the Baja RPers' disdain of Luna; they're going to come and head there first to find what they need.
I have a certain disdain for Luna. But I agree it is the center at which the Baja universe revolves.

The Yewphorium - for those who remember - is one such establishment if we want an idea of what is needed in Luna. We need Armor Pieces. Suits. Weapons. Bandages. Apples. We need LRC Starter Kits for New Characters. We need shops that have those simple needs such as Plants and Furniture. Scrolls. Recipies.

Baja has not had a General Store - a place where a visitor or a resident can come find those basic needs - in some time. That needs to change.

Grey Eagle of Baja

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi all , well I had thought of this for quite awhile, and I think I have something that might work (might not too) . OK this will take a whole shard Co-operation, but what if we all moved from Luna and back to Brit like the old times, WE would still all be baja but with our own unigue game setting. Making Old Britain our hometown may bring others around (hopefully ) and it seems as though most of the events origanate there anyway,
Well , just a thought ,