• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ground Hog Day Pet Fight Tournament 2/2 8:30 pm eastern

G

Because the next pet fight tournament to benefit the Zoo sponsored by the Patrons of the Royal Zoo features something a bit unusual, we want to give interested tamers time to train and bond any necessary pets....

On Saturday February 2nd at 8:30 pm the Patrons of the Royal Zoo will be hosting a pet fight tournament to benefit the zoo with the proceeds going to benefit the Royal Zoo in Moonglow. Please read the rules carefully for everyone's enjoyment and safety. Violators may be subject to immediate expulsion and loss of entry fees.

We have a rather comfortable viewing area and bar above the fighting pit so all citizens are welcome to come and watch the spectacle even if they don't have a 'dog' in the fight.....

1. This event will take place in Felucia so please plan accordingly. Gates will be provided from the southern entrance to the zoo beginning at 8pm.

2. No animals except those fighting in the current round of competition will be permitted inside the arena. No animals including ethereal mounts are permitted above the ground floor.

3. There will be three separate competitions and participants are welcome to enter in all three and even multiple times in each of the different competitions as long as they pay the entrance fees. Gates will be provided to a stable to drop off and pick up pets between competitions.

4. No magic of any kind other than healing of pets between rounds is permitted.

5. No healing is permitted during the contests.

6. Entrance fees are payable in two checks each one half of the entrance fee.

Here is a list of the events for this edition of pet fight tournaments:

1. The Obligatory Chicken Fights- Entrance fee 10,000 gold payable in 2 5,000 gold checks. This will be a single elimination contest with the winner getting one half of the entrance fees and the zoo getting the other half.

2. King of the Ring- Entrance fee 50,000 gold payable in 2 25,000 gold checks. All participants will enter the ring at once and the last pet standing will be declared the winner. The winner takes home half the entrance fees and the zoo gets the other half.

3 Squirrel Fights!- We wished to observe Groundhog Day in some fashion and this is the best way we could devise
Entrance fee 100,000 gold. This will be a single round elimination like the chicken fights. The winner of this contest will take home 5 GOLD SKULLS!!

We are still learning how to run these events so please post or PM me with any questions or suggestions.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Somehow I think that I will encounter severe compitetin. But I have a chick in the stables, awaiting bonding.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Somehow I think that I will encounter severe compitetin. But I have a chick in the stables, awaiting bonding.

[/ QUOTE ]
You.. no, your chicken however will surely suffer a violent and bloody demise.

G

LOL, grab some for my chicken too. I have a feeling he will need all the help he can get. I saw the stats on R Sky's bird... gonna be interesting.

G

Does nobody care to win the 5 gold skulls from the Squirrel fights? The modest entry fee and time spent training the critter seem a pittance compared to the going rate for those nowadays. Guess the house better get to training one so we can keep the skulls for another contest....

S

SaoirseCat

Not to worry... got my own little nutty furball in training.

I can't wait. ^^ This'll be my first time.

G

Unfortunately I don't have a rodent. I would probably be too lazy or too tired from training my chicken to train it up anyway (short attention span). I am sure with proper advertising the prize of 5 gold skulls will bring out a few fortune seekers. Perhaps drop books titled "Free Gold Skulls" with the event description inside??

E

Emil_surdeegen

this seems to be so fun so i will make a char on catskills just for this contest and train up a squerrel for those golden skulls :O
Btw Please cant we move this contest to friday 1st february please

R

R Skye

I will be selling a couple chickens , fully trained and ready for the ring (200k each takes alot of work not to kill these while training) half will go towards the zoo . I'am also training my ground hog (squirrel) for the skull round .

G

What I have learned thus far.
Training chickens and squirrels is somewhat boring. On a good note, my chicken bonded today so it should be much easier now. Hopefully there will be enough entries to make it worth the training time.

R

R Skye

Yes the training seems to be boring at times....When it get's boring take your chicken to dispise and beat up a ogre . Takes a lil healing but not near as
boring .

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Yes the training seems to be boring at times....When it get's boring take your chicken to dispise and beat up a ogre . Takes a lil healing but not near as
boring .

[/ QUOTE ]

Can a chicken really take down an ogre? I was thinking maybe a mongbat, but a ogre?

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

boring .

[/ QUOTE ]

Can a chicken really take down an ogre? I was thinking maybe a mongbat, but a ogre?

[/ QUOTE ]A fully trained chicken can take out lots of stuff quite nicely. The biggest obstical to overcome is it's low health.

G

If only they had pack instinct... My chicken is now fully trained and ready for the fight. I have to admit, I am impressed with his ogre eating abilities. It is funny to watch a chicken take out such a beast.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

If only they had pack instinct... My chicken is now fully trained and ready for the fight. I have to admit, I am impressed with his ogre eating abilities. It is funny to watch a chicken take out such a beast.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh my.

G

oh yea... My squirrel is fully trained now and ready to rumble. And with the adverts placed this should shape up to be an interesting fight night. Looking forward to some serious spankage. Somebody might need a talisman of rabid squirrel protection

R

R Skye

Tisk tisk ... now Ralf you know that poor pale excuse for a rodent will be no match for The King of Clout ...the V in Vermin ....the ankle biter from below....THE ONE !!!! ... THE ONLY!!!! ....King Punxsutawney Phil !!!!!!!!
let the smack talk begin .....

G

Looks like this will be an entertaining night of pet fighting! I would like to ask all competetors and spectators to please review the rules to aviod any unfortuante missunderstandings or other hassles. Please feel free to ask for any clarifications.

Look forward to seeing everyone!

G

R Skye … I’ve seen that pathetic excuse for ground hog you call Punkawhatshe Pill or whatever you named it, and trust me, ya going down, down hard. When the dust settles there won’t be enough fur left on your overgrown rat to make a mitt for a mite. And don’t even get me started on that midget turkey you call a chicken.

R

R Skye

The time draws nearer to the demis of your so called pets .....When i win the chicken fights i will place my bird up for sell.
(so that others my have a chance the next event)
did i just say that

G

Why would anyone want to buy your dead bird? We both know my chicken is going to beat the cluck out of yours. Save yourself the embarrassment and back out now before you are publicly humiliated.

R

R Skye

Look at you spewing again ..wipe your feet i think you steped in it ..that mound of maggot meat will soon ,,OMG
whats your squirrel doing to your chicken?????
* kicks Ralfs squirrel off the chicken * ...* chicken comes back for more *
* walks away shaking head * . What has Ralf done to these poor animals..

G

You're just getting scared, you know that when my squirrel and chicken get done with yours they are gonna go brokeback mountain on you.

G

Tonight's the night... LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE!!! Oh, and R Skye, if ya scared just say ya scared... no shame in being scared.

I

imported_Blackrock Frank

<blockquote><hr>

THE ONE !!!! ... THE ONLY!!!! ....King Punxsutawney Phil !!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

King who?

May You Live In Interesting Times,
Lord Franklin
[Blackrock Infected]

G

*Hanging head in shame*
R Skye was the winner of the chicken fights and the squirrel fights with Babydoll taking the win in the king of the ring round.
The evening was very entertaining and there were some close matches.

G

I spend too much time alone with the animals to be much of a story teller. I have yet to learn how to command pixies to paint for me. All I can say is that people seemed to have a good time until the bar ran out of food and drink and that there were some very interesting matches.

Our next tournament will be in about 4 weeks.

Congratulations to Reagan Skye and Babydoll!

G

<blockquote><hr>

What is Babydoll and does she belong to R Skye?

[/ QUOTE ]
Babydoll was the player that won the king of the ring round, she was using a Cu if i'm not mistaken. There were three WW. one Hyru and one Cu in the king of the ring round.
Sorry I don't remember all the names of the players.

A

Aang

Ahh, ok that makes sense. Thank you. I wanted to attend but was not home in time.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
HEY! My reptalon was in there too! *ahem* Yeah, yeah...he was to first to be killed, but by god, he was there! (Named: Norbert)

G

oops... *smacks myself on your behalf*
Sorry Bob, I knew if I replied to that post I would leave someone out.

R

R Skye

I tamed a reg squirrel sunday that after trained will have 131 hitpoints . Seems there was some questions about the albino squirrels having an advantage.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

I tamed a reg squirrel sunday that after trained will have 131 hitpoints . Seems there was some questions about the albino squirrels having an advantage.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh? I didn't realize that the regular ones could get that high? Sweet, thank you for info. =-D

G

Please don't assume that there will be squirrel fights at the next tournament. The idea is to keep things interesting. If we have squirrel fights all the time, it will get stale. What's that expression about March?.........

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Please don't assume that there will be squirrel fights at the next tournament. The idea is to keep things interesting. If we have squirrel fights all the time, it will get stale. What's that expression about March?.........

[/ QUOTE ]

Um...beware the eyes of March? Or is that Eydes?

G

I found this little tidbit, I'm not sure how this could play into the pet fights.

It is Lupercalia, an ancient Roman religious holiday. Caesar, the Roman dictator, makes his appearance before the "press" (crowd) in the streets. From out of the crowd, a soothsayer issues his famous warning. And Caesar, a very superstitious man, isn't the sort to take a soothsayer lightly.
The "ides" of March is the fifteenth; which day of the month the ides is depends on a complicated system of calculation Caesar himself established when he instituted the Julian calendar, a precursor of our own. The ides of January, for example, is the thirteenth; the ides of March, May, July and October is the fifteenth.
The importance of the ides of March for Caesar is that it is the day he will be assassinated by a group of conspirators, including Brutus and Cassius.

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Psssstt.. Bob. *glances around to make sure no one can see me whispering to Bob* "In like a lion out like a lamb." Wild guess would be sheep fights, and the winner gets turned over to the guy who has high boots on.

G

LOL.. I was eavesdropping, It would be nice to know in advance so we can train up some ninja sheep.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That sounds like a smashing idea Vallend. Hmmm, what is the weakest creature in ALL of UO? I mean the most puny, wimpy, pathetic and useless creature? Um...I'd possibly say all those wild birds we see flying about. You know, larks, chickadee and such. Now THOSE are weak. Along with the sheep, I mean, spring is assoiated with "the birds and the bees" and what not, aye? Hmmm, sheep, "lesser" birds of the land. I'm like-ing it. Any other neat ideas?

Thank you for the research on the ides of March. I kinda-sorta remember something like that being taught to me in high school.