• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Grim's UI - Loot Configuration

grimiz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Update 11/12/2014: Beta release available here http://mmotroll.com/uo/grims_ui_20141112.zip
Update 11/27/2014: Added directions for installation

I've made a EC UI mod that highlights loot for me so that I don't need to spend so much time tool tipping every single item. I created a front end for it and made the download link available to everyone above. Feel free to provide feedback. Enjoy!

Features
- Create conditions using 40 different item properties (more added soon)
- A few derived properties to create expressions on (Total Resists, Treasure Map Level, Jewelry, Property Count, Max Property Count, etc.)
- Legacy containers are gone. They were really creative in '99 but it's time for something more modern. I realize this means you cannot organize your vendor for legacy client users. That does not bother me. :)
- Three levels of highlighting (Item, Border, Background) and two levels of alpha control (BorderAlpha, BackgroundAlpha) allow for a lot of different combinations.
- Quality of Life additions for inventory (Ingot type above icon, more coming soon)
- Luck, Gold and Facet are on your inventory bag now
- Mute Corpse Loot - dulls out everything on a corpse that you don't care about. I find this easier on my eyes after opening 700 corpses.

loot_beta.jpg

Condition examples
- ItemIntensity = 8 (Legendary Artifact)
- Intensty = 4 & Weight <=3
- PropertyCount <= 3 & MaxPropertyCount <=3 & MaxPropertyCount >= 2 & Jewelry is true
- SwingSpeedIncrease >= 10 & Jewelry is true

Known Issues
- Still updating a lot of UI elements to have a consistent feel, some of the UI will look pretty ugly for a while.
- Rarely when you right click to loot an item to loot, a ghost remains behind. (could be a EC bug and not due to my horrific coding?)
- List view is not supported. Seriously considering ripping that out of this mod as well.
- Hue selection feels really limited. Will see if I can add more.

Installation
Extract the contents of the zip file to the'UserInterface' folder on your computer. The path should look something like 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\UserInterface\Grim's UI'

Then under 'User Settings' -> 'Options' -> 'Use Custom UI' Select "Grim's UI". If you were already in game you may need to restart the client to see this option in the drop down.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\UserInterface\Grim's UI

Note: This UI is in no way supposed to compete with Pinco. I love the work he does, I just have my own aesthetic and wanted to see how much of the EC UI I could pick up. I feel like EC has so much potential that a great designer could make this game look like it was almost new. almost.

Attachments

Last edited:

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Pretty swell job with this UI. I like it. :)

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know, I am a classic client guy, but this looks like a very useful tool. Thank you for putting your time into this.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Sign me up good sir!

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
yep I will be glad to test it out

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Grimiz would it be possible to put a "or" function in so that for instance I could set it to highlight a piece that has 10+ swing speed or 25 damage or 15 dci etc?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
How is modding the EC any different form using a script in the CC?
The EC is designed to be modded. It's made so folk can adapt the "look" of the game to their desire. So adding things that help you look at the way your game is is actually perfectly LEGAL.

Scripting mods for the 2d client are ILLEGAL because what they do is allow you to unattended macro the game which is an illegal action..... they also modify what is sent to the game...... where as modifying the look of the game on your end without modifying the actual game itself is NOT illegal.

What they are talking about is actually just a modification that is allowed to the way you look at things.. it doesn't send anything to the client.... it does nothing to the game... only to the way YOU look at things. It is not sending any actions or allowing for any unattendedness.

THAT is the difference. And it's NOT illegal. Modding LUA is allowed and encouraged in the EC.

Scripting the game is NOT.

grimiz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Grimiz would it be possible to put a "or" function in so that for instance I could set it to highlight a piece that has 10+ swing speed or 25 damage or 15 dci etc?
Definitely possible but makes it a little more complex. I'll think about it for a bit and add it in when I get some time.

Thanks for the feedback.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Very nice work. I've been using this a bit lately. It is actually the first time I've fired up the EC so I have a lot of getting used to that to do yet.

Couple comments - would it be possible to somehow incorporate what Pinco does for identifying the unravel ingredient in all of the loot? (Relic, Essance, Residue)? For ease of calculation you could always assume queens forge and gargoyle for the modifiers. Maybe Pinco would share the formula used to calculate this. I'd actually like to have this as an option in the loot window (Unravel item >= essence) or (Unravel item = relic) for example. I'd love to highlight just those that will give me relics.

Very good mod and I love it for the guardian room in doom.

Oh, one more thing is when you click it loots to your pack. Is there a way to set a loot bag to loot it to instead?

grimiz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Very nice work. I've been using this a bit lately. It is actually the first time I've fired up the EC so I have a lot of getting used to that to do yet.

Couple comments - would it be possible to somehow incorporate what Pinco does for identifying the unravel ingredient in all of the loot? (Relic, Essance, Residue)? For ease of calculation you could always assume queens forge and gargoyle for the modifiers. Maybe Pinco would share the formula used to calculate this. I'd actually like to have this as an option in the loot window (Unravel item >= essence) or (Unravel item = relic) for example. I'd love to highlight just those that will give me relics.

Oh, one more thing is when you click it loots to your pack. Is there a way to set a loot bag to loot it to instead?
Thanks for the feedback. I'll add unravel ingredient as a property when I make the changes storm requested also.

You can set a loot bag through the default EC UI already under actions -> other -> toggle loot bag.

I've been pulling a lot of decent loot and cleanup points from the guardian room using this too. Was hesitant to release it before the event is over. ;-)

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Really nice work. The UI looks very clean and well thought. Of course it's super cool to see a light theme where all other themes I've seen preferred the dark colors (mine as well hehe).

At some point I added a little legacy artwork for better immersion. Maybe it's worth a thought if it fits your ideas ;)

Attachments

grimiz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
So, I've been thinking about this and it seems way too much like real work. The UI would become super complex and unintuitive. I think I could do a couple things to solve your issue and not give myself am aneurism.

1) Allow you to duplicate rules so you can just set up all the instances you want. Not ideal.
2) Give you an advanced condition editor that allows you to write expressions basically like SQL. "Jewelry is true AND (SwingSpeedIncrease = 10 OR DefenseChanceIncrease > 15)" Parsing that out and validating the rule is still a bit complex, but it would take a lot less time than building the UI advanced enough to write a statement like that.

Actually, as I wrote this I convinced myself to do option 2 anyway. I'm also thinking about taking out the drop down conditions, but maybe it would turn off people that want something simple? Thoughts?

grimiz

Sage
Stratics Veteran

Theo, after looking into this I don't think I'm going to add it. From what I read, unraveling isn't an exact science and there is some randomness to it.

What I do for gathering imbuing mats is set up a rule that highlights all intensity = major magic items and < 3 weight. If you wanted to collect residue you could set a rule for intensity <= lesser magic items?

My apologies if this is a deal breaker for you. :-/

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Theo, after looking into this I don't think I'm going to add it. From what I read, unraveling isn't an exact science and there is some randomness to it.

What I do for gathering imbuing mats is set up a rule that highlights all intensity = major magic items and < 3 weight. If you wanted to collect residue you could set a rule for intensity <= lesser magic items?

My apologies if this is a deal breaker for you. :-/
Not a deal breaker put Pinco's has something like it and it is very useful.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
The EC is designed to be modded. It's made so folk can adapt the "look" of the game to their desire. So adding things that help you look at the way your game is is actually perfectly LEGAL.

Scripting mods for the 2d client are ILLEGAL because what they do is allow you to unattended macro the game which is an illegal action..... they also modify what is sent to the game...... where as modifying the look of the game on your end without modifying the actual game itself is NOT illegal.

What they are talking about is actually just a modification that is allowed to the way you look at things.. it doesn't send anything to the client.... it does nothing to the game... only to the way YOU look at things. It is not sending any actions or allowing for any unattendedness.

THAT is the difference. And it's NOT illegal. Modding LUA is allowed and encouraged in the EC.

Scripting the game is NOT.
ehhhhhhhhhh not really liking that explanation.
while you CAN run scripts in 2d that will do things for you while you are unattended you can also run scripts that give you the same functionality as the EC and you have to be attended to use them.
and what exactly does running scripts in 2d send to the game?
there is no difference in what is sent to the game when you compare scripting programs to uoassist - which is legal.
we could of course go into a lot more detail about this topic but we shouldn't and cant here.

while i agree that scripting is illegal and should remain as such i dont agree with your explanation of it.
its kinda misleading and fear mongerish (hells ya i just made up a word!)

Blood Ghoul

Sage
Stratics Veteran
This looks awesome!!!

I have no idea how you go about running something like this. Is there directions for install and such?

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

How is modding the EC any different form using a script in the CC?
The KR and Enhanced CLients were built in a manner to allow players access to the UI system with DDS texture files and XML for display preferences (skins, placement of UI elements and fonts) and LUA scripting for UI features. The UI is separate from the compiled client and thus does not require hacking the client to modify.

The CC has all of these items compiled internal to the client itself requiring a player to hack the client in order to make these changes. This hacking allows players to create exploits such as the "stump-hack" (replacing trees with stumps in order to see an opponent more easily) among other, worse things. Even though UO Assist has been legal for well over a decade, in reality, it is still a client-hack program.

grimiz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Added installation instructions to the first post.

Also, if you don't understand how the EC and modding works just ask - don't come into my thread and accuse this of being against the EULA or TOS.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

From an EC modder to an EC modder, get used to the question from time to time, especially from people who may have not been around or following the development of Kingdom Reborn and the fact that the new client(s) have been developed with the INTENT to allow user modding (as most MMOGs are these days). When UO was first created, Raph Koster (Designer Dragon) made the statement that "The client is in the hands of the enemy. Never forget this.". This mindset has been somewhat softened. But because of that original mindset, the CC was made to NOT be modded and as such, mods for the CC can only be done via client hacking. Just take these "accusations" in stride as they come from a point of (not using this term derogatorily but definition-wise) ignorance.

As a modder and EC player I do like the look of your UI. Nice and clean looking. Is a parchment look what you are going after and do you plan on developing that look further?