• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Announcement Greetings Baja!

EM Obsidian

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Hail and well met citizens of Baja!

I would like to take a moment and introduce myself; I am EM Obsidian, and I will be your new event moderator. *smiles*

I am in the process of building a Facebook page that I will use for upcoming events and announcements; and I will also post event information to these forums as well on a regular basis. Look for a "meet and greet" event sometime next week. I would like to meet as many of you as I can, and get your input and suggestions about what types of events you would like to see, what you like and don't like about events, ect.

I look forward to working with all of you!

EM Obsidian

The Slug

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*hands over a scribbled note, written in crayon* Oh never mind, it's totally illegible. I think the gist of it is that Reeky Bugbutt is looking forward to peeing on your shoes and just being a nuisance in general (which of course should surprise no-one)

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
YAY REEKY'S BACK, MEEES MISSES HERZ. TELLS MEEES WHEN MEEES COMES HEP PEEE ONA HIMZ FOOTZ :cheerleader:

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Welcome to the mad house....er....I mean Baja.

As you will soon discover, we have a bunch of crazy and unique characters on the shard.

WildStar

E_T

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome to Baja, Obsidian!
Looking forward to meeting you and sharing some adventures!

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome to the shard, Obsidian. You'll find that the nice thing about Baja is the players may be few but they're very friendly.......and twisted. *lol* I look forward to the 'Meet and Greet' and hope that I can be there. *curtsy*

EM Obsidian

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
I think I'm going to fit in nicely =D.

Question for all of you:

Are you alright with the decorations around Luna? Likewise, the Counselor Hall in Britain? I completely understand the importance of preserving a shard's history; be it from previous EMs, player events and the like. If you wish, I can re-decorate Luna and the Counselor Hall, clean them up a little bit, or leave them as they are.

And don't worry, Crys pops in every now and then to smack me with a trout *grins*

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I personally like the way that both places are currently decorated; however I understand that you want to put your own mark on the shard.

EM Crysania would change the decoration up as she felt was needed, so I personally don't think a total redecoration is needed but you adding your own touches and taste would be fine with me.

I would request that SweetPea and the other colored llama stay in the stables to spam at us when we say "claim list" or "stall".

Last edited:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Question for all of you:

Are you alright with the decorations around Luna?
My only real complaint is when you hit Ctrl Shift and all the Decorative Carpet/Plants/Etc. Tags come up. I do not mind decorations but I do mind all the tags from those decorations overwhelming the screen, I know other shards have decorations where the Tags do not show.

Last edited:

Kyle_Broflovski

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Please redecorate Luna - that hasent been changed for 3 years and it was valentines day of 2013 so it can use a bit of redeco

Last edited:

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
OOC:
> get your input and suggestions about what types of events you would like to see
o The story + combat events favored by Seppo, Godiva, Crysania worked well.
o I especially enjoyed Godiva's skill tutorials.
o ...but stay within Mesanna's guidelines
o You will need to have several "roleplaying" characters.
o Remember, this is the Britannia of Our Lord British In Absentia while also being the Britannia of Regent Lord Blackthorn. See if you can work in something having to do with virtues, shrines, mantras. Double the fun: there are eight gargoyle virtues too.

> what you like
o I'd like guided tours to places where people don't go often. Crysania, for example, had us running down to the Ankh Dungeon.
o PHAT LOOTZ DROPZ. I know you can't give us uber wearables, but an occasional piece of clothing or weapon with an unusual color and name would be nice.
o PHAT LOOTZ DROPZ. Those of us who decorate enjoy some of the decorative items that are an unusual color, can be locked down, and when locked down can be "used" to make a sparkly and sound effect.
o Crysania almost-but-didn't promise us a shard-wide keyless trip to Clockwork Exodus. Still a good idea, since the devs are dragging their heels about removing the timer from the Exodus keys. With our small population, we can't get a good group of Exodus goers within the six day limit.
o We discussed with Crysania that some shards have a "tunnel" directly to Navrey Night-Eyes. We didn't get one. We still want one.

> and don't like about events
o We don't like spoilsport monsters. These are the ones that make flaming debris all over the place when they die so it's near-impossible to loot them. Can you keep the monster but remove the spoilsport ability?
o We'd prefer not to fight damage-reflect monsters (maybe that's just me). You know, executioners.
o When we are fighting area-effect monsters, please, outdoors and not in a small enclosed room.

> look forward to working with all of you!
o We like it when our EM wears a cape.
o Please allow some governor decoration of towns. In particular, we would like the picnic area restored to Trinsic permanently.
o Two past Trinsic governors have submitted the items needed for the governor's office. Please build the Trinsic governor's office.

> If you wish, I can re-decorate Luna
o Please remove the carpet, shields, and wrestling book from the central area of Luna Bank floor (This is a "just me" thing.) Please lock the wrestling book down in one of the Malas buildings.
o Please update contact info to be you, and not Crysania.

> and the Counselor Hall
o Please leave as is.

Malas buildings:
o Please leave as is, but update with new goodie decorations as we move into the future.

Laura:
o Please give all goodies and PHAT LOOTZ to Laura
o I hate gargoles but that's a Skara Brae thing. (See the story of Quenton from Ultima VI.)

Mailbox:
o Please check your mailbox every now and then, the one attached to one of the Malas buildings.

The Slug

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I also have to wonder if you have plans for resurrecting the Town Guards? That was Seppo's baby and was ALOT of fun.

(I'm not asking for special rp events, IE Chessy's RBG or Atlantic's Crux Anxata I personally do think those might be overkill)

There are several "original" guards left, Ric, Leithia, Felis, Urlik and lil ole me to name a few

EM Obsidian

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
OOC:
> get your input and suggestions about what types of events you would like to see
o The story + combat events favored by Seppo, Godiva, Crysania worked well.
o I especially enjoyed Godiva's skill tutorials.
o ...but stay within Mesanna's guidelines
o You will need to have several "roleplaying" characters.
o Remember, this is the Britannia of Our Lord British In Absentia while also being the Britannia of Regent Lord Blackthorn. See if you can work in something having to do with virtues, shrines, mantras. Double the fun: there are eight gargoyle virtues too.

-Ill see what I can do *smiles* I have a few stories and plans up my hooded robe's sleeves.

> what you like
o I'd like guided tours to places where people don't go often. Crysania, for example, had us running down to the Ankh Dungeon.
o PHAT LOOTZ DROPZ. I know you can't give us uber wearables, but an occasional piece of clothing or weapon with an unusual color and name would be nice.
o PHAT LOOTZ DROPZ. Those of us who decorate enjoy some of the decorative items that are an unusual color, can be locked down, and when locked down can be "used" to make a sparkly and sound effect.
o Crysania almost-but-didn't promise us a shard-wide keyless trip to Clockwork Exodus. Still a good idea, since the devs are dragging their heels about removing the timer from the Exodus keys. With our small population, we can't get a good group of Exodus goers within the six day limit.
o We discussed with Crysania that some shards have a "tunnel" directly to Navrey Night-Eyes. We didn't get one. We still want one.

-Ill do my best to make the rewards enjoyable for all. But at the same time, I don't want to add something merely for the value it could potentially bring in from the rares community. Ill also try and throw in a piece of clothing, or weapon here and there.
-I am aware of the "tunnels" to Navery, and Ill see what I can do. Maybe something other than Navery...?

> and don't like about events
o We don't like spoilsport monsters. These are the ones that make flaming debris all over the place when they die so it's near-impossible to loot them. Can you keep the monster but remove the spoilsport ability?
o We'd prefer not to fight damage-reflect monsters (maybe that's just me). You know, executioners.
o When we are fighting area-effect monsters, please, outdoors and not in a small enclosed room.

-*nods* I am on the same page with the "flaming debris" or "pools of acid" that can cause area damage. Doesn't work out too well if you die, and get rezzed right next to the mess.

> look forward to working with all of you!
o We like it when our EM wears a cape.
o Please allow some governor decoration of towns. In particular, we would like the picnic area restored to Trinsic permanently.
o Two past Trinsic governors have submitted the items needed for the governor's office. Please build the Trinsic governor's office.

-Well see about the cape...
-I will get on the Trinsic Governor's Office right away.
-Ill need some more info in regards to the picnic area. (layout, types of tables and benches, ect) If you could post a screenshot, if you have one, that would be great.

> If you wish, I can re-decorate Luna
o Please remove the carpet, shields, and wrestling book from the central area of Luna Bank floor (This is a "just me" thing.) Please lock the wrestling book down in one of the Malas buildings.
o Please update contact info to be you, and not Crysania.

-Ill clean up Luna a little bit. I have gotten a few requests to remove the carpet. Id also like to remove some of the flowers as well.
-Lanterns on the table with the Facebook page, and my email as well.

> and the Counselor Hall
o Please leave as is.

-Lanterns on the marble pillars with the Facebook info, and my email.

Malas buildings:
o Please leave as is, but update with new goodie decorations as we move into the future.

-Will do *smiles*

Laura:
o Please give all goodies and PHAT LOOTZ to Laura
o I hate gargoles but that's a Skara Brae thing. (See the story of Quenton from Ultima VI.)

-*grins*

Crimson Hawk Moth

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Speaking of Deco. Should look into what happened to Mag. That island looks crazy now gigantic IDK merlock that's technicolored next to a dance floor. Its all so out of place, and the very odd things those things say when you walk by them, its just crazy.

Some of us ( or one of us ) that lives on that island finds it a little annoying seeing super out of place things just because it happens to be the playground of some very important people or whatever.......

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Speaking of Deco. Should look into what happened to Mag. That island looks crazy now gigantic IDK merlock that's technicolored next to a dance floor. Its all so out of place, and the very odd things those things say when you walk by them, its just crazy.

Some of us ( or one of us ) that lives on that island finds it a little annoying seeing super out of place things just because it happens to be the playground of some very important people or whatever.......
The beach was decorated at the request of the Governor of New Magincia, which is me.

The colored gozas were placed by EM Crysania for a game that she held at the beach.

WildStar
Governor of New Magincia

Crimson Hawk Moth

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Not only was the Lotto land run a total farce, its cheapened even more for me ( I still have the house deed locked down too, to show I won it ) that its just now a private inclusive playground that can have whatever at any time slapped all over it, where as the residence there just have to 'deal with it'.

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Question for all of you:

Are you alright with the decorations around Luna? Likewise, the Counselor Hall in Britain? I completely understand the importance of preserving a shard's history; be it from previous EMs, player events and the like. If you wish, I can re-decorate Luna and the Counselor Hall, clean them up a little bit, or leave them as they are.

And don't worry, Crys pops in every now and then to smack me with a trout *grins*
Never be afraid to leave your mark on the shard.