• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Greetings... and what the heck am I supposed to do with this necro template!

Ms-T

Visitor
Hello Everyone! I'm a total newbie to UO... and online games... and games that don't typically come in nice cellophane wrapping with a happy family on the box.

I picked the necromancy template because it looked pretty badass... and it came with a skull helmet... which I think I lost. Turns out she doesn't do much... she's physically not very strong and the spells don't work when I want them to.... I've died it seems like 50 times.

Did I just pick a template that is difficult to work with? I think the most difficult monster I've taken down has been one of those ugly monkey things in the Painted Caves near Trinsic. I'd like to eventually do champ spawns but I get killed just walking through the front door.

The main skills I'm trying to grow are: necromancy, spirit speak, meditation, resist spells, evaluate intelligence, focus, tactics, swordsmanship, anatomy

On a side note, does anyone know where I can find the Blarney Stone? I found Dinn the Thirsty & Dinn the hungry leprechaun near the Compassion Moongate in Ilshenar. I fed them beer and pie and they told me "KIng Brian's greatest treasure is the Blarney Stone" then they gave me the magic word to charm it. I looked at uoguide.com and couldn't find any references to it. Anyone know about it?

Thanks!!
Ms-T

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Welcome to the Stratics community!

All of the templates the game allows you to pick as a starter character are very outdated, especially the necromancer. It is mostly impossible to play a pure necromancer in modern UO, however necromancy is a large part of the most popular template in the game that can solo pretty much anything by itself.

The template is called a Sampire, it stands for Samurai Vampire because the two most important skills it uses are Bushido and Necromancy. A sampire is basically a swordsman who uses necromancy and bushido spells to gain life by killing things, instead of healing with more traditional methods. The reason it is nearly unbeatable against monsters is because every time you hit something you get healed, and the more things attacking you the faster you can heal.

The best place to find sampire templates would be the warrior forum here on Stratics, as they are very specific templates. Link to it: UO Warrior

As for the Blarney Stone, I don't think those are obtainable anymore. They were from a one time in-game event from a couple years ago and the NPC's are just still around.

Ms-T

Visitor
Welcome to the Stratics community!

All of the templates the game allows you to pick as a starter character are very outdated, especially the necromancer. It is mostly impossible to play a pure necromancer in modern UO, however necromancy is a large part of the most popular template in the game that can solo pretty much anything by itself.

The template is called a Sampire, it stands for Samurai Vampire because the two most important skills it uses are Bushido and Necromancy. A sampire is basically a swordsman who uses necromancy and bushido spells to gain life by killing things, instead of healing with more traditional methods. The reason it is nearly unbeatable against monsters is because every time you hit something you get healed, and the more things attacking you the faster you can heal.

The best place to find sampire templates would be the warrior forum here on Stratics, as they are very specific templates. Link to it: UO Warrior

As for the Blarney Stone, I don't think those are obtainable anymore. They were from a one time in-game event from a couple years ago and the NPC's are just still around.
Thanks very much for the warm welcome, and thank you for your help on my template! I'll definitely check out the Sampire temple on the UO Warrior forum.

Good to know the Blarney Stone is no longer available... I must have died 10 times before letting it go.

All the best to you!