• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Greatly disepoint on SP

G

I was snooping around on people and all i saw was alot of blessed items. They all used blessed items to cowwer up for other items. Im not sure im intrested in continu on a shard who is just another tram version.

I will continu to look a litle more on items and if this is a blessed heaven to i leave. Same rule every where kill and loot is ok but stealing is not.

I

imported_OldAsTheHills

<blockquote><hr>

I was snooping around on people and all i saw was alot of blessed items. They all used blessed items to cowwer up for other items. Im not sure im intrested in continu on a shard who is just another tram version.

I will continu to look a litle more on items and if this is a blessed heaven to i leave. Same rule every where kill and loot is ok but stealing is not.

[/ QUOTE ]
Please list the items you saw Blessed. Obviously, this items are not armor,
or weapons.

I have lots of Blessed items in my backpack simply because I have no room in
the bank vault and have no house. I do have regs, and other things you could
steal, but I doubt you ever see me or the inside of my backpack.
*stares*
Yahaxithonix

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Nisse, this has been the lament of thieves for years now, on regular shards, and Siege. Why they continue to allow the stealing from players playstyle but not really allow it is a mystery.

-Skylark

G

Well play a real character :p.But in all seriousness regs are never blessed and almost everyone carry them so is potion.You dont think i will carry a unblessed Hat of the Magi or Magician braclet do you?

G

Ubbe, If you really look hard enough there is plenty to steal, I have already grabbed a few shiney things this evening.

People also run when they see someone who they know to be a thief coming. Once you get to gm hide, 80 stealth and gm snoop, they dont see you coming and are alot less suspicious and are more likely to at least stay still at the bank for you to snoop them more.

G

People use blessed items to block regular items. I cant move items in your pac.

G

Go for the random steal, then. The true fun in being a thief is the chase, not the item...

G

I havent trained stealing yet and i cant steal when im in NEW becous they dont alow it.

G

You must be looking in the wrong packs. Either that, or you are coming around after I have been there. I seem to get plenty of steals...in and out of town. You just need to know where to find the good marks.

Also,I hope you aren't snooping around Luna without having GM snooping. Nothing will get people to bank their shinies faster than seeing the *Some thief is snooping in some players backpack* notice...la

G

Yep, I carry a number of black dyed deathrobes to hide stuff.

There used to be a way to move them around and get at stuff underneath, but it doesn't seem to work any more.

You might try using the mondain's legacy client. It organizes the pack in a different way.

G

Shhhhh, the youngsters need to learn these little tricks on their own...la

G

just drag the blessed itmes out the way and click hats under them before they return back to where they were (might take a few tries to get the hang of it but its easy enough)

I

imported_Enigma EB2

Personally, I wear at least a 2 mil suit whenever I'm on. Quite a few cursed artis and many more unblessed ML and Minor artis but your not gonna see them waiting in my pack to be stolen you gonna have to kill me to get at it. The only thing your gonna have to settle for are regs and pots maybe some bolas. But then again when I used to play my thief he was a mage first and a thief second. It makes for an interesting time when you drop your foe because he didn't have regs to fight back or band aids to heal.

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
god forbid, people make it harder on you!
Thats why this IS NOT a tram shard but a vet shard, people are experienced and use counter tactics.

Did you really think people would just stand around and hand you free stuff? Sheesh.

Reminds me of a situation last night. Newb run out of Umbra and Whiskey kills him. WP doesn't loot, but tells him to give him a count and join NEW. Noob doesn't give count... runs, resses, promptly gets res killed. WP still doesn't loot, but tells the guy all he needs to do is give a count and it all ends... guy doesn't give count. I intercept the guy in umbra to talk, as i approach the guy says (not exact quote, but close) "and you wonder why Siege has low population"... to that I say 'lol, he is not looting, just give a count and then he stops, i even bet he will give u stuff'... guy proceedes to go get res killed again, but still doesn't give count... Again, I intercept him in umbra and tell him if he is 'too good to just give in and give a count, then siege probably is not for him'...

This is all too common with people coming here- they have all these strange ideas that the game revolves around them... the guy in my story just couldnt be humble and admit he was a newb... I was perfectly ready to give him Shal's icq and everything... Knowing WP he prob would have even given him some decent equipment.... but noooo, this guy was too proud-

A

Azural Kane

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Please list the items you saw Blessed. Obviously, this items are not armor,
or weapons.

I have lots of Blessed items in my backpack simply because I have no room in
the bank vault and have no house. I do have regs, and other things you could
steal, but I doubt you ever see me or the inside of my backpack.
*stares*
Yahaxithonix

[/ QUOTE ]

Um. Place a house?

G

<blockquote><hr>

I havent trained stealing yet and i cant steal when im in NEW becous they dont alow it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Just to clarify. NEW rules clearly state snooping and stealing with permision is fine, without is a NoNo. Also you can train your stealing up with a packy or a friend.

G

And demanding a count is any better? talking about people thinking the game revolves around them you actually sit there and res killed a guy because he would not count you... thats sad lol

That is the things that drive people away from our shard... you gotta grief the new members of siege because you cant kill the real pvpers?

Do you really think someone would want to come to our shard with a group of stealthers just res killing them all day demanding murder counts...

If you want murder counts go kill finished characters... go look in a dungeon for someone farming... etc.

You can tell when someone is new so why you guys always want to kill them is beyond me...

I

imported_Enigma EB2

I am not happy to agree with Goron but he is right. When i first came to Siege years ago it was common practice and just plain good manners to wait after you were killed for the PK to sort thru and take what they needed and leave the rest at which point you came back and picked up the rest. The whole practice of res killing ( outside of the occational D-Bag) was unheard of unless you tried to take back what was now the PKs right to his new loot. I used to get killed all the time by Wyrm and Krystal and they only ever took what they would need to continue fighting. These days everyone dry loots just to thumb there noses at their victim as they run off and try to res and get back ASAP. I mean take this story in moderation there are always different versions and times and places when this wouldnt have held up, However, this take it and cut it up attitude has gone to far at this point. Personally if it isnt an Arti or a nice Jewl or regs if i need em im done wasting my time looting newbs for there crap armor that clogs my house. I wouldnt be caught in those rags anyway so why bother. But if I find you just popping back up and into a fight its gonna start hitting the old horde deamon. just my 2 cents

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
god forbid, people make it harder on you!
Thats why this IS NOT a tram shard but a vet shard, people are experienced and use counter tactics.

Did you really think people would just stand around and hand you free stuff? Sheesh.

Reminds me of a situation last night. Newb run out of Umbra and Whiskey kills him. WP doesn't loot, but tells him to give him a count and join NEW. Noob doesn't give count... runs, resses, promptly gets res killed. WP still doesn't loot, but tells the guy all he needs to do is give a count and it all ends... guy doesn't give count. I intercept the guy in umbra to talk, as i approach the guy says (not exact quote, but close) "and you wonder why Siege has low population"... to that I say 'lol, he is not looting, just give a count and then he stops, i even bet he will give u stuff'... guy proceedes to go get res killed again, but still doesn't give count... Again, I intercept him in umbra and tell him if he is 'too good to just give in and give a count, then siege probably is not for him'...

This is all too common with people coming here- they have all these strange ideas that the game revolves around them... the guy in my story just couldnt be humble and admit he was a newb... I was perfectly ready to give him Shal's icq and everything... Knowing WP he prob would have even given him some decent equipment.... but noooo, this guy was too proud-

[/ QUOTE ]

Try to remember, some of us *can't* give counts. I know the guys a noob and all, but if you pulled that on me (doubtful, I wouldn't come back) he'd have never gotten a count, even had I wanted to give it to him

G

If you dont understand what im say ing ask not say stupid things.

It is the gamemekanism who is wrong not that folks do what they can to protect them self.

SP has got tram mekanism and that has nothing to do whit the players.

G

What's best is to play the hands you are dealt (so to speak)

There is blessed items. Yes. But who really cares?? There is plenty enough to take from those who are dumb enough to leave it in their packs.

R

Rykus

I personally take no precautions against thieves on purpose. All of my stuff is open in my top pack and I only cover things if I just happen to have something on top of another item. I've had some decent items stolen recently, some threads and plane items, some nice jewels, etc.. I know it makes the game fun for someone else, and it doesn't bother me to lose something like that, easy come easy go...

G

For Goron/Dr.Strangelove

Hmm, it would seem to me that there are those among you that are so arrogant and ignorant to assume that an individual that does not have a PvP template and chooses not to fight back when obviously outclassed and getting ganked must be a Newb.

<blockquote><hr>

Newb run out of Umbra and Whiskey kills him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am the 'Newb' in question and I have, in fact, been playing UO since it's inception, and as a matter of fact, have played on only Siege Perilous since it became available. I simply choose not to participate in the mindless ganking and rez-killing that seems so commonplace these. Probably carried out, in most part, by pimply faced teenagers that have low self-esteem and still live in their parents' basements (cliche, I know, but sadly, all too true), and need to vindicate their existence online simply because they do not possess the social and life skills required to function in a grown-up, mature and responsible world.

<blockquote><hr>

WP doesn't loot, but tells him to give him a count and join NEW.

[/ QUOTE ]

It would also seem to me that, as a paying customer, I am free to choose the game style I find appropriate. I find it extremely distasteful and utterly rude that other individuals find it necessary to dictate how I should play my game. As a matter of fact, if you continue to read the body of the original post by Dr.Strangelove, the facts and events of which I do not dispute, you will see that WP's (Whiskey Priest) actions border on harrassment.

<blockquote><hr>

runs, resses, promptly gets res killed. WP still doesn't loot, but tells the guy all he needs to do is give a count and it all ends...

[/ QUOTE ]

This rez-killing happened a total of three times, four murders in total if you include the original death. Four times I was 'killed' in game, and each time I steadfastly refused to issue a murder count. I simply continued to return to my corpse(s) to collect whatever belongings were left behind. Something clearly permitted within the rules of conduct.

<blockquote><hr>

I intercept the guy in umbra to talk, as i approach the guy says (not exact quote, but close) "and you wonder why Siege has low population"... to that I say 'lol, he is not looting, just give a count and then he stops, i even bet he will give u stuff'

[/ QUOTE ]

I will admit that your quote is a fair approximation of what I said, and I find that it still holds a ring of truth. I do enjoy my game play on Siege Perilous, for the most part, but I do find it tedious dealing with individuals that feel the server and the Shard were created for solely their enjoyment. As a matter of fact, within the body of your own post, you also admit to conducting a policy of harrassing other players.

<blockquote><hr>

Again, I intercept him in umbra and tell him if he is 'too good to just give in and give a count, then siege probably is not for him'...

[/ QUOTE ]

How is it, then, in your infinite arrogance that my act or omission of giving a murder count makes Seige probably not for me. When I was given the option of assigning a murder count for your compatriots despicable act, I'm pretty sure the gump popped up on my screen, not his. Therefore, I would have to say that the option was mine and not his. You and your friends are only verifiably demonstrating your own lack of maturity by initiating hostile and scathing board posts against individuals you assume will not read them for not playing the game 'your way'.

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Much too proud to submit to being rez-killed and the associated loss of fame? I believe that you need to seriously reconsider your goals, motives and frames of reference if you are accusing me of being too proud to grant a murder count. Frustrating when others don't play the game, and I want to stress the word game, to your standards and expectations, isn't it?

For Enigma EB2

<blockquote><hr>

When i first came to Siege years ago it was common practice and just plain good manners to wait after you were killed for the PK to sort thru and take what they needed and leave the rest at which point you came back and picked up the rest.

[/ QUOTE ]

Certainly, and in the spirit of the game, that sort of thing is usually what occurs. However, you may be speaking without first-hand knowledge of the event. I had to run back to the healer in Umbra, at least four screens from the sight of the murder, get rezzed, then run back. If that's not enough time for the killer to peruse the items on my corpse and make his selection, then perhaps another vocation is required. I was simply returning to collect what may have been left.

For homegrown

<blockquote><hr>

Try to remember, some of us *can't* give counts.

[/ QUOTE ]

I most certainly am able to give counts, I simply choose not to because of all the griefing that goes on, they no longer hold any significance.

Thank you for you time and consideration, I simply wanted to set the record straight.

P.S. Perhaps I will carry a 'Crying Towel' in my pack for future situations of this nature.

I

IPlayUOTOOMuCH

Red the Thief=200Million+ in gross steals on Siege!(Not sure could be alot more but Ive been able to calculate at least this)From player stealing ,btw.
Newb!

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

Probably carried out, in most part, by pimply faced teenagers that have low self-esteem and still live in their parents' basements (cliche, I know, but sadly, all too true), and need to vindicate their existence online simply because they do not possess the social and life skills required to function in a grown-up, mature and responsible world.

[/ QUOTE ]lol wow. You are one of those people? Another self righteous 'mature adult'. I won't even bother responding to much of the rest of your post, there are certain people I do not even waste my time on- I am too busy putting my acne medicine on and cleaning my basement room at the request of my mother before I start my homework.

lol, and you call me ignorant and arrogant to make an assumption? wow.

I tried to do you a favor by telling you how to make WP stop. Thats why i went into town after you. I also tried to res you each time, but you always ran as a hidden ghost. Again, you were too proud to accept my help, despite the fact I did no wrong to you- I just happened to wander by after it already started.
Ill be sure to join in the killing next time.

I

imported_dexdash

find me in game ill introduce you to king ed i think you guys will be great friends

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

If you dont understand what im say ing ask not say stupid things.

It is the gamemekanism who is wrong not that folks do what they can to protect them self.

[/ QUOTE ]Or you can just use half-way decent grammar if you expect people to not mistake your intentions. Don't blame me for misunderstanding that you use "who" to refer to a shard's rulebase. I immediatly assumed you were refering to the playerbase of the shard because of your choice of word. I can apologize for my misunderstanding because I assume english is not your first language, but if this is the case you must understand that your lack of proficiency will result in misunderstandings and you should not get angry at people's logical interpretation and response.

G

<blockquote><hr>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Probably carried out, in most part, by pimply faced teenagers that have low self-esteem and still live in their parents' basements (cliche, I know, but sadly, all too true), and need to vindicate their existence online simply because they do not possess the social and life skills required to function in a grown-up, mature and responsible world.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lol wow. You are one of those people? Another self righteous 'mature adult'. I won't even bother responding to much of the rest of your post, there are certain people I do not even waste my time on- I am too busy putting my acne medicine on and cleaning my basement room at the request of my mother before I start my homework.

lol, and you call me ignorant and arrogant to make an assumption? wow.

I tried to do you a favor by telling you how to make WP stop. Thats why i went into town after you. I also tried to res you each time, but you always ran as a hidden ghost. Again, you were too proud to accept my help, despite the fact I did no wrong to you- I just happened to wander by after it already started.
Ill be sure to join in the killing next time.

[/ QUOTE ]

The studiously ignored the 'probably' in the first line of the quote only serves to reinforce the initial estimate.

Perhaps I should carry a 'Crying Towel' and a shovel so you and your compatriots can continue to dig yourselves further into the hole.

I'm sorry you feel that way.

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Back before they had blessed items I would fill my pack with death robes dyed black. I think the new client has a grid layout so you cant cover items.

I

imported_OldAsTheHills

I have only one UO account, and I have one house placed on Atlantic.
*stares*
Yahaxithonix

I

imported_OldAsTheHills

If a player is already a RED then that player does not need another count.
*stares*
Yahaxithonix

I

imported_Lage

Didn't read all this so maybe someone mentioned it already, but you can use the KR client which won't let you hide items under items.

I

imported_Trep

yes...it is very annoying. and since they have so many blessed items, your chances of getting a non-blessed item on a random steal gets really bad too. quest items shouldnt be blessed anyways on siege....but with practice you can get around blessed blocking items easy enough..

but theres more to being a thief then just stealing, its all about being really obnoxious and getting a good laugh with your mates. stealing regs, bandages, pots from pvmers in trouble or stealthing in to block their exit and making them die....stealing whatever from reds or blues (if you dont turn grey) and then trying to guardwack them after they attack you for the rest of the loot....tricky but hilarious

if they ever allow a chance to steal unblessed equipped items *crosses fingers* i'd totally reactivate my account....but i'm not holding my breath

G

<blockquote><hr>

Didn't read all this so maybe someone mentioned it already, but you can use the KR client which won't let you hide items under items.

[/ QUOTE ]
This very thing pisses me off no end.
I have quite a few blessed items in my pack at any one time. They are great to RP with (polymorphs into a dog and chases a dragon claw badge about like a ball/ drops a blessed leg, brain or ribs in front of someone in ninja form/ pelts someone with snow balls/ snoops someones pack out of curiosity and reads the valentines/x-mass cards there) but they are all piled in the corner of my pack out of the way.
Unbeknownst to me for years this also foils the random steal.
Damnit rummage around and earn your loot don't just target from a list.
I also find it fun to run around with a +10 or better stealing ring or brace in my pack to see how long it takes to disapear.

G

The difference of Siege may not so much be in the game mechanics (they are slightly different, but not all that much), but in the way the game is played here.

I have personally never been rez killed on Siege. The trick is simple... if you die (to another player), consider your stuff lost. No point even in returning to your body.

If you do choose to play it another way, you know you are at the mercy of your opponent. Politeness will help you a great deal in that case.

Kind regards

G

Nisse, welcome to Siege and our humble little forum. What land do you hail from in real life? I take it English is not your primary language. I seem to remember that coming up in Uhall.

Stay with us a while and train up. Give it a chance, then decide. There are some great thieves here, and I see you are getting some good tips.

D

Dami

Didn't Dave just steal a "Cloak of Corruption" from Lisa last week? Don't say there is nothing good out there to steal from players. Your still in NEW and your already casting trammie insults on the shard? *boggle*

G

Even if im disappointed in some stuff i already decided to be here.

Im even consider to reactivate a wery old account to be able to have 2 chars here.

G

Try stealthing onto spawns or harrowers. I remember when me and Harabec stole a Zyronic Claw from someones pack who was in CWS. They were at the bank and thought putting it in a box then magic locking it would prevent a thief from taking it. However, if you snoop the box before they lock it *grins*.

In all reality, it takes patience. Wait at banks for people who come back from farming. Or steal from people who are farming. I know when I was in SP! we always got some pretty damn good items.