• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Greater Dragons...Wow

• Thread starter Retro_Crumpet
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They are the bigger brothers of the dragons. It takes 5 followers slots to use them. You can find them anywhere where you find dragons. Most likely you run into them in Destard.

I can tame one but then i need help from a bard. But most often i let other tamers tame then while i assist then with my bard. MJ knows pretty well how to deal with greater dragons to keep the tamer fairly safe.

http://uo.stratics.com/database/view.php?db_content=hunters&id=2585

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why were greater dragons introduced? I was away at the time.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think because normal dragons are pushovers these days for most people. :)

In the early days it took a long time to kill a dragon on your own. This was no longer the case. With the greater dragons that feeling is back. Go one on one with a GD and you will see what i mean. :)

R

Retro_Crumpet

If anyone could tame one for me i would pay handsomely... would they be able to bond wit 120 lore and 111 taming?

jeza

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or you can do like me:
1 raise your honor as much as you can
2 go to destard
3 precast invis and run in
4 invis and lore to find the one you prefer
5 honor self to have some safe time to tame the beast :D
6 gate and leave as fast as you can with your new pet

Of course I don't really know what I'm talking about I'm still at the "raising honor" part of the plan :blushing:

But I read that a lot of tamers use that tactic so it should work ;)

Edited 13 dec

Ok so last night I was able to test this and it rocks ! I have a nice GD in my stables waiting to bond :) (3.6 on pet power calculator)

Just some little things that I learned the hard way :

Don't forget to lead the pet you want to tame in a "safe" place (very far from other mobs) because even if the mobs wont be aggressive toward you they'll attack your freshly tamed GD.

Be very sure that none of the mobs around have aggro you before using the honor virtue. If a mob has already aggro you when you cast honor self he'll continue to be aggressive afterward. If possible cast invis before using honor.

Be very careful to stay 2 steps away from the pet you're taming or to carry a bow without arrows to avoid attacking it when your attempt at taming him makes him angry. He wont attack you thanks to the honor but you will and that breaks the peace.

Good hunt ! :)