• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Greater Dragon - Whats good stats?

tramhater

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi I have just returned to UO, and looking to tame a greater dragon. I was wondering whats considering good resistances and HP?

I have one with 80 phys 79 fire 56 energy off the top of my head. Is that junk? What should I aim for? I will happily spend a hour or two to tame a good one.

K

ki-rin

max resistances on greater dragons:
physical 85
fire 90
cold 55
poison 60
energy 75

pre-tame max hp is 2000

K

ki-rin

str 1400
int 675

wrestling 145
tactics 140
resisting spells 140
magery 140

B

blust4

Hi I have just returned to UO, and looking to tame a greater dragon. I was wondering whats considering good resistances and HP?

I have one with 80 phys 79 fire 56 energy off the top of my head. Is that junk? What should I aim for? I will happily spend a hour or two to tame a good one.
First, physical and fire resists are the most important. Only keep those with both physical and fire resists higher than 80. You may also want energy resist higher than 75.

Second, you want some dragon with high HP and strength. I will only tame those with 1850+ HP and 1250+ strength.

Third, look for those with stamina 10 points higher than dex. Those will grow to 135 stamina instead of 125. (Not the other way around. Those will grow to 115 stamina instead.) Dragons with higher stamina will hit more often when they are cursed.

Fourth, look for high pre-tamed skills dragons. Wrestling, 135+. Tactics, 130+. Resist, 130+.

You need to have one good dragon keeping killing bad stats/skills/resists dragons.

G

Green Destiny

anyone have a link to where i can find max stats for dreads as well?

D

dark85

I red a pet with 100+ in a skill can't reach with training the cap of a pre tamed pet type. It's true? If it's true can someone explane me how can i calculate the max skill of a pet after full trained but before tamed?

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The answer to your question is really better addressed if you give the attack break down of the opponent.

For example, a lot of Greaters have very bad Resist vs Cold, couple that vs a BAD Resisit vs Energy. Now go up against a White Wyrm, that Greater Dragon will win but it will take a lot more damage than you might expect.

As a generalization, I would not tame anything for my self that had less than PhysR(80), FR(80) and to within 5 of cap of the others. PLUS wrestling MUST be (WILD) 135+, Tactics (135), Magery(135). Strength must be (WILD) (1300). Hit Points must exceed 1600. The lower the Hit points the Higher the RESISTS must be.