• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player News) Great Lakes Governor's/City Auction

TandaBSK

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Friday May 2nd at Majestic Oaks Auction house, an auction was held for the City Governors. The number of citizens who came to show their support was encouraging. It was the first of such events tried on Great Lakes to help raise funds for the Governors to pay for Trade deals and events as required by their having accepted office as Governor.

Tanda Knighthawke, Governor of Minoc and her husband John along with volunteer DJ Scorp of Majestic Oaks Auction staffed the event. THANK YOU DJ for your help and the use of the Auction house without which the event wouldn’t have been possible. Support for the event was good many Governors’ submitting items from their own stores as well as donations from Kisar Sosey, Destinie Moon and Guardians of Valhalla. Thank you John for jumping into the auction pit without ever having been in the thick of it on that side before and also for his gift of the Universe in a bottle which brought Minoc all the financial help.

Bidding action was heavy there were many good bidding wars over items, which always makes a live auction more fun to watch. Hearts Desire was the biggest bidder of the evening and as always a graceful but determined lady when it comes to getting what she wants. Her continued patronage of auctions and presence on Great Lakes is an asset to many. Many member of GV stuck with us close to the whole event and bid frequently for all the cities, your community spirit is one to be proud of. Also, thank you to all the other bidders, Ang, Thor of DSD, Fraise, Redlow DeSule, Governor Willa of Yewwood, Black Dog of DSD, Aine of DSD, Kismet LeBlanc of H^I, Dai, Rose Red, Flash of GOF, LionHeart of TC, Hybris of GV probably others I missed in my notes.

Moonglow 3,500,000 Trinsic 3,931,000 Yew 34,950,000

Britain 7,635,000 New Magincia 3,000,000 Skara Brae 12,120,000

Minoc 65,740,000 Jhelom 0 Vesper 0

This is how things balanced out as we tallied the event up, given how things were put up for bids. Regretfully I was a little ambitious with the scope of the auction(50 items), and couldn’t make it through the large number of items submitted. Vesper had items I didn’t get to, my apologies to Governor Aornis . There had been no items specifically given for Jhelom. I shall be rounding Moonglow, Trinsic, and Magincia to 4 mil per city for their stones and kicking in another 4 mil each for Jhelom and Vesper.

DJ and I compared notes and discussed options, we think we have some methods which will allow citizens to support their Cities, and allow Majestic Oaks Auction to continue to be the strong supporter of Great Lakes it’s always been so everyone benefits. Watch for upcoming announcements.