• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Gray Screen Affliction

• Thread starter Ugly Wrinkleflip
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
U

Ugly Wrinkleflip

I sent a email to Disney tonight bout the gray screen affliction. I don't know if it happens to everyone. But it happens to alot of my friends while running in the Factory, Mint, Da, and the CGC.

When you run up to a cog the screen sets up backwards. Once you chose your gag and the cog gets hit the screen goes gray and all you can see is you laff, speedchat, and what everyone is saying. Then you get to choose a gag not knowing which cog has what damage. Then you have to hold your breath waiting to see if that cog died or got hit AFTER your next gag choice.

Maybe it's just me but I am totally affraid to run these without at least 1 secret friend because of this. How do you explain to the other toons your blind? That your poor gag chice was due to a glitch?

Anyway I dont know if anyone else complained about it but I did. if you havent you might want to as it may help to get it fixed sometime this millenium.

S

Sally Bumblefoot

This has happened to me twice, both times with friends thankfully. I had no idea what to do but friends told me. Unfortunately for Deb, Joe, and Aimee I dont know my right from my left!! I will report this too. I thought it was just a fluke and not a common problem.

S

soupandquackers

that has been around for a while, it used to happen all the time to me when i was doing mints with jellyroll trying to max cash, its not like it messes you up you can still choose gags it doesn't bother me when it happens.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
that has been around for a while, it used to happen all the time to me when i was doing mints with jellyroll trying to max cash, its not like it messes you up you can still choose gags it doesn't bother me when it happens.
Yep, couple years at least. I hated that bug and I always made someone else engage the cogs so it never happened to me.

S

Sally Bumblefoot

its not like it messes you up you can still choose gags it doesn't bother me when it happens.
Well, both times it happened to me it messed me up. When you can't see what anyone is choosing, what level the cog is, or if it has been hit, that really makes it hard. With friends it isnt quite so bad but if you are with randoms you would be completely lost. I guess I am a VERY visual person....I need to SEE what is going on. My kids will have a question RE schoolwork and they always know what will happen next: "Bring it to me, I need to see it!!" Maybe that just makes it harder for me even with friends telling me what to do!

Z

ZippyW

Yes, that has happened to me a number of times too. I just make it through that round, because as soon as that group is killed off, your screen will go back to normal. Pick a cream pie!! LOL.

G

Granjell

I have been getting that glitch way more frequently lately. However, I never thought to send a bug report about it. By the time I'm done playing I don 't think about the glitches that happened. I should report that long gray room in the golf course that lasted from the mole stomp through the gag up round. I missed out on gags I could really have used! How long after a glitch happens do you have to report it?

V

Voilet

It has been happening to me more frequntly and it happens when im in factory at river. Thank goodness I was with SF to guide me.

D

dwightjune

I don't know if this happened to me last night or if I got sucked into the CFO but I was stomping a goon near the CFO and suddenly everything was gray and I took a 30 pt hit. I didn't know what to do but then the next moment the CFO threw in the towel and it was over! ????

Good ol’ Spiffy 105 max gags trapless, MH11 TW3 BS2 FL1

F

Flippers

Happens in overtaxed districts and youre the first toon to tag the cogs for the battle. I like the ones for the CGC, where you can sometimes see a ripple effect animated for dripping water among other weird things.

S

Sally Bumblefoot

Well it is good to know that it is the first person to tag that gets the glitch. I will just make sure I'm not the first! My friends seem to know their right from their left.

U

Ugly Wrinkleflip

yeah its ----->that way<-----. Isnt it?

I have sticky notes on each side of my monitor.:blushing:

S

Sally Bumblefoot

Hey when you guys told me "right" I just did the other right. Its all a matter of perspective. Sticky notes, huh? Maybe I should try that. Is it my right or your right? I was behind the cogs before I went grey. Not that I really listened to you guys.......I was so confused. I tried but like I say, I cant think clearly, quickly without seeing it!! I think I ended up just thunderclouding something!!:loser:

U

Ugly Wrinkleflip

that really confused me bad the first time. Now I just look at the arrows on my screen. I choose right to left everytime. And hope everyone follows suit. It dont matter what way your facing the arrows for the cogs are always the same.

This is a letter I just recieved from TT about this issue.

Dear Joseph,

Thank you for your recent inquiry.

Based on the information you submitted to us in your bug report, it
appears that you may be experiencing some latency or "lag" in your
Internet connection. Latency is determined by the amount of time it
takes your computer to talk to the game server (commonly referred to as
a "ping"). This has nothing to do with bandwidth, so even the high end
broadband connections sometimes have latency problems. Latency is not
something that can easily be changed.

If you connect to the Internet through a proxy, that will greatly
increase your latency since first you need to talk to the proxy then the
proxy talks to the game server. If you are connecting through a proxy,
please try disabling your proxy or contact your network administrator
(or Internet Service Provider) for additional instructions on optimizing
your proxy configuration.

Through our experience, we have found that users that utilize high speed
Internet connections (DSL, cable modems, and satellite) often experience
less latency than those on dial-up connections. This may not be an
option for all of our users or you may already be on a broadband
connection, so another option is to keep your computer running smoothly.

One good way to do this is to free up as much RAM as possible. RAM
(memory) stands for Random Access Memory. Toontown requires at least
256MBs (Megabytes) of RAM or more to get the best experience. It is
important for the RAM you have in your computer not to be taken up by
other programs. By closing other programs before entering Toontown, you
will free up more RAM to be used by the game. You also can usually
upgrade the amount of RAM in your computer relatively easily. You can
purchase and have RAM installed at your favorite computer store or
through your computer vendor.

Another way to improve the speed of your computer is to update your
video drivers. Disney's Toontown Online utilizes the latest 3-D features
of current video cards. It's helpful to stay current with your video
card's latest software drivers for optimum performance. The graphics
card installed on your computer is the NVIDIA GeForce4 MX Integrated GP
with drivers from 3/3/2004. Please see your graphics card manufacturer
for the latest video drivers for your card.

S

Sally Bumblefoot

I'm just kidding you. Yeah, the gag screen is the same. It is just confusing. But it DID give us a laff (just for you Deb) in that DA!!

U

Ugly Wrinkleflip

I love it. What a great photo.

I guess everyone has crappy computers with proxy server issues.

T

toontownhappy

But it DID give us a laff (just for you Deb) in that DA!!
:hug:
I have an annoying tendency to get that glitch when I'm soloing facs. I have to memorize the order of the cog levels in about 2 seconds, otherwise I do it entirely backward. :sad3:

S

SSniffleslam

I usually get that glitch when in a busy district in a mint. It's annoying, and I've reported it before and got the same "carbon copy" response from TT that Joe got. Go figure:next:

S

Sally Bumblefoot

:hug:
I have an annoying tendency to get that glitch when I'm soloing facs. I have to memorize the order of the cog levels in about 2 seconds, otherwise I do it entirely backward. :sad3:
Deb was actually disappointed that she didnt get the glitch tonight!! She was trying for it. But if you havent noticed she likes to live dangerously, thriving on 2 man VPs and 4 man CFOs. So why oh why is she so skeered of trap!!!! LOL Silly Kitty!!

T

toontownhappy

Deb was actually disappointed that she didnt get the glitch tonight!! She was trying for it.
I love that glitch. As Flippers demonstrated, it makes for awesome screenshots.
But if you havent noticed she likes to live dangerously, thriving on 2 man VPs and 4 man CFOs.
And when you want to duo a VP (yes, when, not if) let me know! We'll go hunt down a baby blue district and get a Pete out of it.
So why oh why is she so skeered of trap!!!! LOL Silly Kitty!!
Well, you know how much I love rakes and marbles in mints!
I'm going to train it soon, don't worry. And I will make you suffer right along with me. :p
And thanks for calling me Silly Kitty and not Joe's nickname for me.

S

Sally Bumblefoot

A duo VP???? Intentionally??? As in on purpose??? Let me know as soon as you wake up from your wonderful dream!!! LOL, I'm a mouse remember? I am willing to help you train as soon as you want (how bout now) but will miss the little fits you throw whenever I ask if you are packing!! Bella needs lure anyway!! As far as Joe's nickname, I dont agree with his analysis of the situation, and could never call you that!!!! Also, wouldnt want to receive an infraction!!!!:blushing: LOL