• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Grandfathered House Questions

Deaol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Can anyone tell me what the timeline for having a granddathered house is/was. Like upto what point was it possible timeline wise? .. 2000 / 2001ish?

And is their anyway to find a lost grandfathered house on a account... ? I don't plan on searching all of Fel..

Thanks in advance..

Zayin666

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe the change was made with UO Renesance (Trammel) I remember sticking 5 houses on one of my accounts and then let the other account without a house so I could place in Trammel.

As for a way to find a grandfathered house on an account, where you dont know the location... good luck :)

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was changed in 2001 so you could have more than one house on one shard, but not more than one house per character. Not sure when they stopped allowing multiple houses per accounts entirely.

If you know the type of house or the characters name that would help. Local shard idoc'ers will remember house names/owners sometimes. Also I'm assuming it's a classic style house, and there aren't many of those around (at least that aren't keeps or castles) versus custom houses.

Kelline

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i know a friend bought a house in a snowy area u can only get to with a rune, but forgot to mark himself one & recalled out.

A very nice gm helped him get back to it.... Its been awhile ago, so not sure if htey would still help, but u could try a gm. (althou more often than not, thye'll send u a canned response to the webiste so be specific)