• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Grandfathered Home Problem (SOLVED - TY !)

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, I know this doesn't affect but a small % of players so I'm appealing to those out there who may be able to offer some insight. Specifically, folks with grandfathered homes and/or folks who have used Goza mats roofs.

The problem: I logged on last Saturday morning to find 2 alchemical house teleporters no longer working. I no longer have access to 2 floors of my home. :eek:

A GM just responded today and told me a simple fix was to "change the foundation and this will fix your problem"o_O. I know better & I informed him that this is not possible with Grandfathered homes. He was very nice but obviously not knowledgeable on this topic & requested I send him a link to this housing rule as he had never heard of it:confused2:, which I did.

His next suggestion was to go into customization mode, remove the tiles & replace them. My concern is that if doing this, the entire roof made of goza mats (along with much more) will end up in my moving crate. I have never customized a home after placing goza mats for a roof.

On my roof I have a garden shed & have already lost one trying to re-deed it. There seems to be a glitch when re-deeding garden sheds sitting on goza mats that can make them *POOF*:sad4:.

:please:So my question is, does anyone know what happens to goza mat floors (and the items placed on them) when going into house customization mode? I really don't want to lose another garden shed just to fix two tiles. Any other advice players could offered would be greatly appreciated as its apparent I'm getting no relief from higher up the chain :wall:.
A BIG thanks in advance for any help offered.

A Screenshot of the Roof :
Garden Shed.jpg

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If you can´t get a fix through costumization then perhaps you can put chargable tiles on the alchemical ones and use those instead.

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
It may sound silly, but have you tried to use the teleporters while you're mounted?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
are these the vet reward/purchased tele tiles or the house customization ones?
cause the vet reward/purchased ones will not work if they are at the wrong Z axis.
simple way to tell, get a house customization tool and try to raise or lower the tiles a bit.
i know its sill but mine on siege in my tower did this for some reason one day, i just had to move them 1 tile down i think it was.

after re-reading your post im thinking that its not the tiles im talking about.
your gonna need someone who has a custom house with goza roof to weigh in, eh?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i didnt know that either, i thought once you did anything with them they got put onto the new system.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Done it many times myself.

What is the problem with changing the foundation type? It's a common fix for this situation.

PinkPandora

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Can you please post the link you reference in the OP ?
"He was very nice but obviously not knowledgeable on this topic & requested I send him a link to this housing rule "

thanks

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Tjalle Yes, I have considered that. The only problem is I can not access the floors to place the chargable tiles :(

@Piotr Yes, I have tried mounted, unmounted, & even in various forms (ninja forms, necro forms etc,...).
I get bounced back & am unable to move onto the alchemical tiles :(

@Poo Yes, these tiles that don't function are the customized house alchemical teleport tiles not the vet reward or store bought teleport tiles.
Indeed, if someone that has used goza mats knows what happens when going into the customization menu it may help :)

@Lord Frodo Yes, grandfathered homes may be customized but never foundation changed or the player loses grandfather status & all homes fall except the 1st home placed on that account.

@Lord Nabin It is my understanding that to keep grandfathered status the foundations may never be changed.

@PinkPandora When I told the GM clicking the option to change the foundation was not a viable option, he asked for a few minutes to confer with another GM. He also asked for a link. The fastest link I could provide (via Google) was from Stratics. While I was trying to locate the original patch notes from+10yrs ago, he came back to tell me he had spoken with another GM. He said that it appears I am correct regarding grandfather status & foundation changes. At that point I stopped looking. I will go back and try to locate the patch notes myself.

Thank you everyone for taking the time to comment :)

Last edited:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
TY @Acid Rain that was some very helpful info as many have forgotten a lot about Grandfathered houses. I gave all mine up before customization came about and as I had Keeps then went to Castles. Custom houses were never my thing.

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
@Kyronix Sir could you confirm or deny that changing the foundation on a grand fathered house removes the grandfathered status please

Thank you

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think if something dies on the teleporters they stop working
I have heard that as well. I was logged in Friday night and they worked fine. I logged on Saturday morning and they're broken. To my knowledge nothing died in the house. I left no pets or animals in the house and never saw anyone (friends) in that house. That house is used primarily for my crafter.

I have seen deer and wolves spawn inside my home but soon as they take a single step they get kicked out. I guess its possible that an animal spawned on the 3rd floor teleporters and someone happened to pass by and cast an area attack that killed it? However, I've only ever seen them spawn on the ground floor.

Last edited:

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought it was just changing the foundation SIZE, not STYLE that would break the grandfathering

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Changing foundation size (as in saying 'I wish to resize my house' under the house sign) revokes GF status.
I have no idea what the changing foundation style does. I've never used that option. Never wanted to risk it.
Never seen that specifically addressed in patch notes so I avoid it like the plague. @Aran and @Gilmour both may be correct.

If someone knows for sure, I'd love to find out.
Would that drop my entire goza mat roof into the moving crate?
Again, thanks everyone. I'm learning more here from Stratics then available anywhere else :).

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
re-size is, to the best of my knowledge, the only thing that will break it. After all, re-size counts as a demolish.

Changing the foundation style should have no effect. After all you've already changed the foundation style once, when you converted it to a customized house.

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
I have changed foundations on many houses to fix the teleporter. I can't remember if any were grandfathered. Figured we should ask a Dev and get a straight answer.

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why would you do that? in the customize menu you have a "change foundation STYLE" .. this is what is refered to.. changes nothing ;)

I am pretty sure the resize command does revoke any grandfather status too however :)

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm 100% positive the Resize will cost you grandfathered status... but I agree with others that I can't see that just changing the foundation style would cause loss of the grandfathered status but I have no way to check this.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So my question is, does anyone know what happens to goza mat floors (and the items placed on them) when going into house customization mode?
The Goza's & items should go into the "Moving Crate" which is stored in your house sign.

I'm not sure about things like the garden shed, especially if it has ever been "broken" by raising goza's too far up, (these items tend to get deleted if they were ever broken) I'm not sure if entering customization mode would force once-broken deeded items into the crate or not though.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
all deeded items in the house will redeed themselves, including the gozas - broken items, for instance a chopped table, go poof - items that were broken and put back together (like placing multi-tile item up high and lowering the sections to reunite the item) will not poof.... at least they didn't some years back when last I did it

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Try changing your foundation style first though, do not think that put anything in moving crate :)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
changing the foundation style doesn't involve going into customize mode, nothing will move at all. It's on the customize page of the house sign menu, but below the customize option.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK ! So I stayed up late enough tonight to try a foundation style change right before server down when it wouldn't save.
Wanted to make sure my roof was still standing before trying for real :)

:heart: THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH ! :heart:

My teleporters are now working and my roof is still standing ! I'll do this again when servers come up :)
Words don't do justice expressing the thanks everyone. Stratics FTW yet again !

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Just wanted to note: i had the first question on my website here: House Customization F.A.Q.s

I've added a few other questions and answers based off the comments in this thread. Glad to see questions that I can add to the site that helps people who have the questions in the future that I didn't think of.