• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Grand Master Miner Vixen Accepts Governorship Of Minoc.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Drakelord submitted a new Article:

Grand Master Miner Vixen Accepts Governorship Of Minoc.

Grand Master Miner Vixen Accepts Governorship of Minoc.
View attachment 47267 View attachment 47268
Seeing how there was no leadership for the city, she submitted her application to the Crown, thinking it would not hurt and it would be good for the Citizens of Minoc if approved. They would have a voice at the Governor’s council on Serpent’s Hold. The city had been lacking leadership for sometime, and the trade deal was non-existent for the city. The last Governor had vanished one evening, most thinking he had been abducted by hostile forces of the land. Yet no one asked for a ransom, some thought he had ran off with the local Bar Maid,...
Read more about this article here...

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
A Grand Master Miner is not a bad choice for Barter Town even when I don't like to see GIL run the town. Congrats Vixen

Lyssa_HOoO

Visitor
I am glad the EM finally found the way to the stone to put a governor in place. I waited for weeks (and went through a lot to become an adored citizen, lost the use of the New Magincia trade deal, had to remake my suit to account for the loss of 5 SSI) was voted in by the members at a governor's meeting, sat in as the acting governor and yet it never came to be. Surely isn't because I am red or that my guild tag is HOoO....

But I am rather unhappy that we did not get to vote on this current volunteer since that was a prerequisite I had met.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Lyssa run for it at next City Elections, I too was sad to see you did not make it.

Spiffykeen

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah, I too am a little confused as to why Lyssa was not made governor....

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Lets not blame anyone for that, only a month to next Elections anyway

Planters

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
So what exactly does the governor do for the game and I have yet to see what or how to get town rep... I am gonna google the crap out of the rep thing :)

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
So what exactly does the governor do for the game and I have yet to see what or how to get town rep... I am gonna google the crap out of the rep thing :)
City Elections

A new election system has been added to the loyalty towns. Players with a sufficient amount of loyalty will be able to nominate themselves for the ballot. Citizens of that town will endorse candidates, then vote in a general election to select a Governor. The Governor will have the ability to negotiate trade deals with NPC Guilds, grant titles to the citizens of the City, and attend council meetings with His Royal Highness King Blackthorn.
  • City Elections begin on the first day of March, June, September, and December.
  • The Nomination period beings on the first day of the listed months and lasts for 1 real world week.
  • Players wishing to nominate themselves can visit the City Stone located near the banks of each of the Loyalty Cities.
Nomination Requirements

• Not be on a trial account
  • Not be a young player
  • Hold citizenship to the City they wish to nominate themselves
  • Be at least adored
  • Only 1 character can be nominated per city per account
At the time of nomination the stone will track how much love and hate a character has from the City. A nominated character must be endorsed within 24 hours of their nomination by another citizen of the city. Failing to receive an endorsement will require a character to re-nominate themselves. There is no limit to the number of times a player can nominate themselves.
Endorsement Requirements

• Not have already offered an endorsement with the same account in the same City
  • Not currently be on an account that is nominated for the ballot
  • Not be a young player
  • Hold citizenship to the city they wish to offer an endorsement
Players that have been successfully endorsed will be placed on the ballot for a 1 week voting period at the conclusion of the nomination period
Voting Requirements

• Not have already voted with the same account on the same shard.
  • Not be a young player
  • Have citizenship to the city they wish to vote
  • Be at least respected
At the conclusion of the 1 week voting period a winner will be chosen based on the character who has received the most votes
In the event of a tie:
  • The character with the most love recorded at the time of nomination will win the election
  • If a further tie exists between those characters’ love values the character with the least amount of hate recorded at the time of nomination will win the election
  • If a tie exists still at this point the King will choose a winner
Accepting Office

After winning the election a Governor-Elect must visit the City Stone to accept office. If a significant period of time passes before the Governor-Elect accepts office the King may opt to choose another Governor.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh boy. At least two no-gos for me. I know why I never tried to do this job...

Planters

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Ok but what are these "trade deals" like trade with players of that town or trade between towns???

Planters

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
City Elections

A new election system has been added to the loyalty towns. Players with a sufficient amount of loyalty will be able to nominate themselves for the ballot. Citizens of that town will endorse candidates, then vote in a general election to select a Governor. The Governor will have the ability to negotiate trade deals with NPC Guilds, grant titles to the citizens of the City, and attend council meetings with His Royal Highness King Blackthorn.
  • City Elections begin on the first day of March, June, September, and December.
  • The Nomination period beings on the first day of the listed months and lasts for 1 real world week.
  • Players wishing to nominate themselves can visit the City Stone located near the banks of each of the Loyalty Cities.
Nomination Requirements

• Not be a young player
  • Hold citizenship to the City they wish to nominate themselves
  • Be at least adored
  • Only 1 character can be nominated per city per account
At the time of nomination the stone will track how much love and hate a character has from the City. A nominated character must be endorsed within 24 hours of their nomination by another citizen of the city. Failing to receive an endorsement will require a character to re-nominate themselves. There is no limit to the number of times a player can nominate themselves.
Endorsement Requirements

• Not have already offered an endorsement with the same account in the same City
  • Not currently be on an account that is nominated for the ballot
  • Not be a young player
  • Hold citizenship to the city they wish to offer an endorsement
Players that have been successfully endorsed will be placed on the ballot for a 1 week voting period at the conclusion of the nomination period
Voting Requirements

• Not have already voted with the same account on the same shard.
  • Not be a young player
  • Have citizenship to the city they wish to vote
  • Be at least respected
At the conclusion of the 1 week voting period a winner will be chosen based on the character who has received the most votes
In the event of a tie:
  • The character with the most love recorded at the time of nomination will win the election
  • If a further tie exists between those characters’ love values the character with the least amount of hate recorded at the time of nomination will win the election
  • If a tie exists still at this point the King will choose a winner
Accepting Office

After winning the election a Governor-Elect must visit the City Stone to accept office. If a significant period of time passes before the Governor-Elect accepts office the King may opt to choose another Governor.
Thanks for the great in depth response

Spiffykeen

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Trade deals earn money for the city you accept the quest in. You need to see the minister of trade. He's usually near the docks. He gives you a container that is sort of like a BOD for things for sale in town. Then you deliver that to the minister in the destination town. The town will get gold and you'll get a reward

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Trade deals earn money for the city you accept the quest in. You need to see the minister of trade. He's usually near the docks. He gives you a container that is sort of like a BOD for things for sale in town. Then you deliver that to the minister in the destination town. The town will get gold and you'll get a reward

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk
Traders Quest - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm curious, how come Lyssa didn't get this? I'm not excited to see Vinnie out of that spot, but I distinctly remember Lyssa working hard to get this. I've never even heard of Vixen (no offense) so this was a surprise to me.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's a conspiracy! King Blackthorn is in cahoots with GIL on their quest for Sosaria-domination. We have to stop them!

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Agree we can't let GIL run almost all towns

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Agree we can't let GIL run almost all towns
May 29. Anyone with a sufficient amount of loyalty will be able to nominate themselves for the ballot. Just be sure that you can do the job and not be one of those ABSENT Governors. Something that is posted on Sonoma regarding HRM, Governors, and the citizens while in Council. I am aware that this is Siege, but EM Hawker has no posting regarding actions at the Council, yet I am sure that most will agree with me that what is said at that link would work for Siege.