• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Gracie's Thanksgiving Day Parade comes to TC3

• Thread starter imported_Gracie Nito
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Gracie Nito

<center>Gracie's Thanksgiving Day Parade
</center>

With Thanksgiving approaching, it is time to start planning ahead for the annual Gracie's Thanksgiving Day Parade.

Each year the roomies at Gracie's Garage have decorated floats for the parade. I have always been pleasantly surprised by the creative talents of every roomy. This year's roomy competition is well under way. This is our fourth annual parade.

City Wide Competition!!!

This year the float decorating contest will extend to anyone in TC3 that wishes to participate! That's right! You can build your own Thanksgiving Day Parade Float on your own lot. Grand Prize for the winning float this year will be 50,000 Simoleans!

Parade Theme this year is
"Activity"

Float size 5 tiles x 5 tiles.
3 full walls and one fenced wall for viewing float.

Everything you use to decorate your float must be inside the 5x5 tile area.

You will need to be online to show your float sometime between the Nov 18th - 22nd to the judges.

You need a sign just outside the perimeter of your float that includes the following.

1. Title of Float
2. Brief description of your interpretation of this year's theme.
3. Designed by (your sim name)

Everyone is welcome to stop by Gracie's Garage Sale to view my roomy examples of floats. My roomies are competing with each other and are not part of the city competition.

Once you have completed your float, please stop by and add your sim name to our list of floaters. Limit of one float per sim may be entered in contest.

Float competition scores

Each float will recieve 3 scores from each judge.
0-5 pts for Title
0-5 pts for theme interpretation
0-5 pts for overall creativity

A total of 15pts would be a perfect score.

At the time of your showing, I will randomly pull 5 people that are online to view your float and give me their scores. Those 5 scores will be averaged together for an overal score in the competion.

In the event of a tie, prizes will be divided equally between the winners.

Thanskgiving Day

Winners will be announced on my property bio and here on Nov 22nd.
Parade will begin at 10:00 AM EST. Please join us at the garage to join the parade and view floats. In real life people stand on the street to watch the parade go by. In the sims online, the parade floats are static and sims will parade by them. We will tour as many floats that are online between 10:00AM and Noon on Thanksgiving Day.

Gracie's Thanksgiving Parade 2006 can still be viewed at this link.

F

festrmentmagnet

Wow, that's an awesome idea.
Very creative way to involve the city!

M

Max CR

Cool idea. How exactly are you going to run a parade? Is it goign to move?

G

What is also nice is that almost all of the named contestants from last year are still in DG.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Max,

The actual parade is a parade of sims. We meet and depart the Garage at 10:00AM EST on Thanksgiving morning and parade around town viewing any parade floats online that day. Often we even parade to homes without floats wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving

I

imported_Cherri Bear

Wow! Cool idea

I am going to submit a Float.

Thankies Gracie!!!

I

imported_DutchAmerica

Hmm.....*scratches chin* wonder what I will do......hmmmmm

*Runs off to think of a room*

Float Update: I finished my float! Question is...should my house remain closed until Thanksgiving or can I open it? (LMAO it's not like I have 'that' many visitors but was just wondering.)

G

<blockquote><hr>

Max,

The actual parade is a parade of sims. We meet and depart the Garage at 10:00AM EST on Thanksgiving morning and parade around town viewing any parade floats online that day. Often we even parade to homes without floats wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm so glad such a positive force as yourself is still in the game. You're one of the community's strongest assets.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Floats have started popping up across the city. It's not too late to enter the contest.

We'll begin judging tomorrow!
Tentative schedule of the best time to catch me online

Sunday , Nov18th
between the hours of 1:30pm and 4:30pm CST.

Please send me a message if your float is ready to be judged or drop by Gracie's Garage Sale and add your name to the list.

Monday 2:30PM - 7:30PM CST
Tuesday 9:00am - 11:00AM CST
4:30PM -9:30 PM CST
Last day!
Wednesday 9:00am-11:00AM CST
3:30PM - 8:30PM CST

H

Halca Yucali

I did not get to eat your turkey. Will you do holiday again?

B

Bindy

I missed the festivities,I sure hope you post the winning floats in here for all to see. Congrats on making something fun for people to join in on. I hope everyone had a great time.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Results are in! Floats have floated and marchers have paraded. If you missed it this year, have no fear! We'll back again next year!