• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Goza stairs and roof

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey guys, I have a castle that Im trying to decorate. I have seen some pics here in the past where people have used Goza mats to create stairs before we had ladders, and roof over the top center section of the castle. I have tried a couple of things but I cant seem to be able to raise the Goza mats more then like 8 spaces, and needs to be more then that do do a roof. Is there a trick I dont know about or is that no longer possible. Thanks.

Kelline

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im sure some oen with more knowlege will post, hope so anyway

but maybe they raised the goza then placed a goza on top of that to raise it more? Not real sure but i know that works with some other deeded stuff

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Here's how I made my roof.

Place goza. Raise it 3 times.

Put 2 small tables on top of each other. Put a stack of library books (either the spread out damged ones or the three together) then place an apple or something like that on top of it. Target the apple when you go to place the other goza.

If I recall right this should work....if it doesnt, let me know and I will try again.

T

Teeshy

I thought it was small table, damaged books, small table (in that order?) then target the damaged books?

But you had to remove things in a certain order too - and I can't recall what order it was =P

Oh, dang, now I can't remember at all - there was a thread, used to be stickied! Can yu search for old threads, from before the board collapse?

*edits* Oh, I think I found it, I don't have images turned on, so I can't tell for sure if it's still working or not, but, is this the thread?

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The way I've always done it was to place two damaged book piles on top of the stacked tables then target the top damaged book pile with the goza mat. Then the first thing you remove is the very top table, then everything else.

I *think* to get a goza mat at ceiling height you do three tables, one item, and then 2 damaged book piles. You can just do three damaged book piles instead of the one item and 2 piles, if it makes it easier to grab stuff. Then what you do is grab the bottom damaged book pile instead of the top table, then everything else.

The rule I've used for keeping stuff from dropping is that the you pull the item that is the second item from underneath the goza mat. If you pull the item that is directly underneath the goza mat and haven't pulled the item underneath it before that then it will make the goza drop.

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you all sooooo much for your help. I have been working all day on my Castle, and I think it will take a few more days to complete, but its going to be AMAZING! I cant wait to post pics. Thanks again for your help and advice. 2 small tables, 1 stack of books, and 2 damaged booksis what I have been using and it works like a charm.

Desperado_SE

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just be careful with it and don't **** too many people on your shard off...there have been cases where GM's have shown up and deleted the gozas due to supposed lag (although my thoughts is someone got pissed at the house owner over something and paged on them).