• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Site Feed Governors’ Council Meeting

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
24th March. 10pm GMT. 6pm EST.

Royal duties, and mysterious occurrences have kept Lord Blackthorn out of the public eye for some time. This month, he returns to speak with his trusted Governors, and to address the people of Britannia.

Governors, you are summoned to a council meeting this weekend to get an update on recent occurrences in Britannia. This council meeting is open to the public, and all citizens are encouraged to attend. You may speak for yourselves, in an orderly fashion, or petition your governor to speak on your behalf before the meeting.

Governors, if you cannot attend, please ensure that your office sends official apologies.

Gates will be provided. Pets are not welcome in the council chamber.

Continue reading...

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
As far as RP goes, the Governors of Britannia are elected to speak for their citizens when they have the King's ear. The King has been away quite a while, but that does not relieve his deputies of their obligations. In true royal fashion, one would never expect a King to offer an apology. It is likely the best we can expect would be an explanation. In any case, it would be interesting to see how the King would apologize if you will not grant an audience.

Siege has been a little neglected for a while, and I realize there is some bitterness out there. Siege can be judgmental and harsh, and we do have a tendency to judge players by not only their own actions but also the actions of those around them. Any EM of Siege needs a fairly thick skin, and is best advised to hide any squishy bits.

However, nothing that has happened up to now is our new EM's fault.

I'd just like to remind people of that fact.

If you have opinions on when you'd like to see events held, and what types of events, then speak up. If you have suggestions on what needs to be done for the shard, speak up. Do so as an individual, or do so as a group. This is the time. It may not be possible to grant everyone's wishes, but do not complain if you remain silent and nothing you want to see ever happens.

Blind Otto

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does this mean we're getting rid of the Blackthorn decoys that someone put up on his balcony to make us think he was here, and getting the "real" thing?
If no one wants those decoy Blackthorns, I could use an extra scarecrow or two to prevent the seagulls from doing what they do so well on the roof of my keep.

Bearclaw

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Unfortunately, I have a conflict that evening so I will not be able to attend the meeting. I may try to find a citizen of Britain to attend the meeting instead.

Starcon
Gov of Britain