• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player News) Governor Race (HOT Guild) PVP Guild

BadBart

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
In the last few days HOT guild claims there are not PVP and they never were a PVP guild. There plans are to win Moonglow and change the Buff to suit there guild for VVV. You can see the picture yourself of a HOT member trying to run away when I was taking the pic.

Dont be fooled Mages of Moonglow your buff will soon be changed and Moonglow will be taken over for VVV. Moonglow has always been a RP town and the buff was always kept to reflect that Moonglow is for mages and RP, not a FEL PVP town. I am asking all the RP's and people who have not voted to get out and cast your vote for Summer. Keep Moonglow's magic by voting SUMMER.

he stole my slogans and this guild will steal the buff to suit there PVP needs. GLOW.JPG

Cady

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
At the debate that you got scared and ran away from, at the same time telling all the interested Moonglow citizens they're not worth your time. JC never said he'd definitely change the town's buff, just that he'd look into what the citizens wanted.

Now let's look at the merits of the 5% SDI buff, and keep in mind there are two other cities using the SDI buff. Because there are better ways to use the buffs to increase your stats, for PVP or pvm.

5% SDI has a total imbuing weight of 41. FC1 has a total imbuing weight of 140. Max SDI from imbuing (12%) had a total imbuing weight of 100. So if you're poor like me and use mostly imbued jewels for playing your mages, replacing half your faster casting with a town bonus can help you fit more than double the SDI on your suit than just having a bonus of 5% SDI and room for a little bit of another mod on your jewels too.

So Moonglowians, if you want a lot of SDI on your suit, the FC1 bonus is what you need to push for!

The best players in the game are using Tatiana's FC1 bonus on their casting characters and those are the people you should be considering emulating. Not the idiots playing in the dead BooB guild. Role play-schmole play, Summer, you're as bad at that as you are at every other aspect of UO. Get a clue!

**And I am most definitely not in the HOT guild. I'm just being objective and scientific in my desire for the faster casting bonus in Moonglow.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
JC never said he'd definitely change the town's buff, just that he'd look into what the citizens wanted.
Sounds like a politician's response!

So Moonglowians, if you want a lot of SDI on your suit, the FC1 bonus is what you need to push for!
I don't see the logic in how reducing SDI in favor of another mod is what people who want more SDI should push for. Another politician's response.

The best players in the game are using Tatiana's FC1 bonus on their casting characters and those are the people you should be considering emulating.
Then why don't these "best players" stay happy with Skara Brae?

The best players in the game are using Tatiana's FC1 bonus on their casting characters and those are the people you should be considering emulating. Not the idiots playing in the dead BooB guild. Role play-schmole play, Summer, you're as bad at that as you are at every other aspect of UO. Get a clue!

**And I am most definitely not in the HOT guild. I'm just being objective and scientific in my desire for the faster casting bonus in Moonglow.
You can push for FC1 on 'scientific' grounds and JC all you want - but please don't dive into any further name calling or personal attacks. I kindly suggest you edit your post.

Cady

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I don't see the logic in how reducing SDI in favor of another mod is what people who want more SDI should push for. Another politician's response
I thought I explained that, trading a buff that has an imbue weight of 41 for a buff with an imbue weight of 140 will free up 99 points of imbue weight on your suit for more SDI. By rearranging just a few couple pieces of armor or jewels you could add over 12 SDI on your suit by utilizing the FC1 buff. 12 > 5 btw, any suit has the potential to be far superior using the FC1 bonus than if you put it together with the SDI bonus in mind.

Are you trolling me Merlin?

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I thought I explained that, trading a buff that has an imbue weight of 41 for a buff with an imbue weight of 140 will free up 99 points of imbue weight on your suit for more SDI. By rearranging just a few couple pieces of armor or jewels you could add over 12 SDI on your suit by utilizing the FC1 buff. 12 > 5 btw, any suit has the potential to be far superior using the FC1 bonus than if you put it together with the SDI bonus in mind.
Rearranging an entire suit for some imbue weight is out the question for most PVMers, and is also a lot easier said than done. If people were that adamant about it,, they would have already immigrated to Skara Brae.

Cady

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Then why don't these "best players" stay happy with Skara Brae
It's fine if they do, but Summer's competitor, JC, wants to Make Moonglow Magical Again. To me that means that Moonglow should be shooting for excellence. I'm in favor of an exceptional Moonglow, and choosing one of the more mediocre buffs for the city falls short of that goal.

I'm not trying to denigrate anyone who's not the best at putting together their armor, nothing in my original post was pointed at you Merlin, I'm sure you have a suit that works for you and im happy for you, but there's probably room for improvement if you don't understand the basics of imbuing weight and what not. Try putting your armor into a spreadsheet to help you visualize where you can make improvements if you need to. Tell me I'm wrong and maybe it doesn't apply to you because every piece of your armor if an elite legendary piece.

Merlin, what is your motivation for keeping Moonglow in its less than excellent position as it stands right now?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You guys take it way to seriously! I couldn't really care what town or who is the governor. I will just wait until I need whatever buff, then sign up to that town.

Also whats the big deal about a player in a "non PvP guild" that wants to PvP? Who really cares??

PS...I will sell my votes to the highest bidder.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
It's fine if they do, but Summer's competitor, JC, wants to Make Moonglow Magical Again.
Yes yes, very cute way of emulating Trump's slogan, but in this case is only a video-game political slogan.

I'm in favor of an exceptional Moonglow, and choosing one of the more mediocre buffs for the city falls short of that goal.
This is merely opinion and more political meandering. The amount of imbue weight doesn't determine whether or not a buff is mediocre or not. Some people may already have max FC and simply don't need it.

but there's probably room for improvement if you don't understand the basics of imbuing weight and what not.
I do understand it. I hope you understand that it isn't the 'be all end all' for the majority of players.

maybe it doesn't apply to you because every piece of your armor if an elite legendary piece.
This is correct. :) My main toon, Merlin (a mystic mage spellweaver) has two pretty awesome suits, one which gives me max FC, and thus doesn't necessarily do much for me.

http://www.uosuits.com/#/search/merlin - you can see some more of my suit here.

Merlin, what is your motivation for keeping Moonglow in its less than excellent position as it stands right now?
More rhetoric. I'm just playfully calling out some of this political non-sense as I see it - as merely opinion and not stated fact. There is no trolling or bad blood intended here , only good discussion. While I disclose one of my toons is a citizen of Moonglow, I have no horse in this particular governor race. I've voted both for and against Summer in the past depending on who was running, but this year all of my votes across my accounts are going toward helping guild members running in other towns. If an undesirable buff is chosen for any particular town where I have my toons loyal, I will simply immigrate to another town which has a buff accordingly to my needs.