• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Governor Meeting

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Friday 19th May, 10 pm British Summertime, 5 pm Eastern Standard Time

If I attend it will be to get a couple snaps. There is a Stratics Reporter who does play Siege maybe she will do an article.

Spiffykeen

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Once again, my work schedule prevents me and my compatriots from attending this meeting. I fear this may be my last term as Governor of Moonglow, as I am unable to meet my obligations to both the king and the bardic collegium

Sent from my XT1609 using Tapatalk

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Once again, my work schedule prevents me and my compatriots from attending this meeting. I fear this may be my last term as Governor of Moonglow, as I am unable to meet my obligations to both the king and the bardic collegium

Sent from my XT1609 using Tapatalk
All you have to do is alert HRM (Email [email protected]) that you cannot make and if possible seek a citizen of your city to stand in for you. Vesper has been doing it with Spyderbite standing in for its Governor.

Blind Otto

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Likewise, I am struggling to dig up enough gold in Minoc to keep the trade guilds happy. The last of the gold went into today's renewal of the Engineer's trade deal.
I appreciate the King's aid this weekend, but I fear the treasure hunt is far too late at night for me.
If some kind soul would like to donate a few copper coins to Minoc, it would be greatly appreciated.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Likewise, I am struggling to dig up enough gold in Minoc to keep the trade guilds happy. The last of the gold went into today's renewal of the Engineer's trade deal.
I appreciate the King's aid this weekend, but I fear the treasure hunt is far too late at night for me.
If some kind soul would like to donate a few copper coins to Minoc, it would be greatly appreciated.
I wish I could help, but alas my purse is very light, as I am sure most saw the snap of Kimi bank box amount when asked how much would she pay for a drop that was her's but only taken from her sister's body, as it is I put most back into the NPC shopping for reagents to fill potion kegs, hence the wish that fraction vendors were still around today.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This meeting was actually fairly entertaining, don't get too offended by Valar, he's always RP'd a disgruntled citizen.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Missed that one, had a hard week at work so did not see the post. :(

Wolfman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anything of importance after I left?
Setting meetings at 11 p.m. is tough for me, especially when there is nothing of importance the first 20 minutes.....after which I left!
If you wanna do a "story" meeting, could you inform beforehand, especially when it is on a regular workday!?

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Ty for the pics! Why are the walls sometimes dark, and sometimes light in these pics?

Anything of importance after I left?
In short, there was an update on the Minion Invasion, and a couple cities are doing well but most are broke. (My personal opinion is that maybe with such interesting things as invasions and EM events, perhaps less folks are bored enough to repeat trade runs over and over! Also, summer is upon us, and many players have less time for UO.) Victim is stepping down and Spyderbite will be running for the office in the coming election. Our King reminded us of our civic duty in casting our votes. We had a guest visitor. As for the 'story meeting', that was a lil treat prepared by Otto. His report was rendered in song!

I fear this may be my last term as Governor of Moonglow, as I am unable to meet my obligations to both the king and the bardic collegium
As Drakelord said, you can always delegate the meeting attendance to a deputy. While I'm sure an e-mail would be appreciated, in-game communication seems to be just as acceptable. Perhaps even just sending in a report would suffice. So far the meetings have been held on a Friday night, but I imagine this is not carved in stone. As for the trade deal, I don't think it is really required for a city to have one. I would rather see a city without a trade deal than a vacant office, but that is just my opinion. If you'd like some one else to take a turn though, that is of course up to you!

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
That is a mystery of the place, Kenzie (walk in) saw black walls after going outside to kill a dark wisp, where Kimi (gate in) saw white walls

Blind Otto

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah, a request for an encore! I shall oblige.
*feels a fruit-like object splatter against forehead*
Ahem. This should go well to the tune of most sea shanties, with a fast beat.

*takes dried frog pill and deep breath*
Iyyyyyy.....
*strikes up a beat on the table*

I sing you a song of a mine gone wrong,
and a town that is under attack!
This mine, I cry, recently ran dry,
oh woe, alas and alack!

Robber guilds laid claim to every vein,
and took all the gold I could mine!
trade deals the same, drove me insane,
and their rates were indeed a crime!

To me Minoc is dear, and yet I fear,
it will soon be void of life,
vile minons appear, from there and from here,
brandishing fear, pestilence and strife!

So see, great king, now here's the thing,
our coffers are completely dry,
I can no longer pay to keep minions away,
All I can do now is sit here and sigh.

So I ask of you, Blackthorn (number two?)
On you our hope resides!
Send us your best, I can but offer my vest,
Lest Minoc into history slides!

*starts to dance on table, gets hauled back to seat by the guards*

And thus ends my report.

Lady Lavendar

Seasoned Veteran
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
*applauds Blind Otto* Great song, and so very true! Thank you, Drakelord and Tanager for your recaps. Thank you all who came. It was a good meeting.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Moving on to happier matters. I understand that a sporting event will take place shortly. I have spoken with the organizer, and offered my wisdom.

*raises eyebrow*

I am sure some of you know, if two skilled tamers set their creatures against one another, with both tamers healing the beasts, the fight will continue until one of the tamers' loses the ability to heal his creature. In other words, for hours. That is not entertainment. I have therefore suggested that the bull handlers limit themselves. Does that sound fair to you?

I will leave this debate open for a while - please take it to the citizens.

Tanager: With respect, why allow any healing at all?

This is what I suggested....train your bulls up and just let them fight until one of them dies, that's the best way to do it!

I haven't trained mine up as much as I would have liked....poor thing is going to die in seconds lol but hopefully I'll have it a bit more trained before the event IF I can make it.

On the note of soulless minions....

soulless.jpg

Safe Haven was NOT so safe the other day....me and Stanley fought bravely for over an hour to dispatch these evil beings from our fair city...I have not seen any there since but I have been keeping close watch. (yes that is my house they are invading! It was a bit hectic lol)

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Yes sometimes minions still spawns in our city :p... Thank you all for the help keeping safe also UWSP town :D
I have to say, checking the player towns and elsewhere for little presents in Minion form has become a bit of a treat for me, specially after a day of RL retail irritation and I just want to slip into UO and unwind. The dev newsletter spoke of invasions for the 20th anniversary, and I suspect this story arc is leading up to it. But, it could also just be random mayhem! Either way, this is the most fun I have had with PvM in UO in a very long time.

As for our guest visitor at the meeting... I really wish I had had the presence of mind to at least hug him back or something. I managed to stammer out something silly at first, but then I was basically rendered completely, utterly speechless. And that is saying something. Weepy girly stuff aside, it meant a lot to me and I still don't know how to put it into words.

Ol'Rac Nnod

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I do a walk through of my town of Safe Haven every log in looking for threats , also then UWSP town and then Gilfane.
I also find it enjoyable cleansing out the vile invasion of soulless!

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As for our guest visitor at the meeting... I really wish I had had the presence of mind to at least hug him back or something. I managed to stammer out something silly at first, but then I was basically rendered completely, utterly speechless. And that is saying something. Weepy girly stuff aside, it meant a lot to me and I still don't know how to put it into words.
Oh...I was just passing by. I had no idea my presence meant that much to some of you... =)