• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

GOT TO ASK

Idico

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I recently returned to siege (after a 5 mo or so break).... Last 4 days have been VERY SLOW... are weekends better? How is the community? Thanks,!

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I recently returned to siege (after a 5 mo or so break).... Last 4 days have been VERY SLOW... are weekends better? How is the community? Thanks,!
Well, to a regular resident it's business as usual. To someone like yourself, gone for a while, it could be a little of a shock. But know, there are people on, not everyone comes into Gen Chat. In fact while I'm running around doing pretty much nothing, I see more and more names of clearly developed characters, that I've never seen once in GC. Welcome back, stick around at least through RTB and Halloween, if it's too slow for ya, take your leave and check back on us later. Most of us will still be here. :)

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Aye, never let GC be an indicator of Siege activity.

And also, Siege population will hardly rise if people don´t stick around. So don´t just pop in and check the status, stick around and be that +1 that Siege need.
If people start doing that, threads like this won´t be necessary. ;)

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its changed quite a bit since we were around last. I've been back a little more than a month. There's a lot of activity. Just not as much action as we were used to seeing back in the vmp days. The biggest thing missing are player run towns. Without those, people don't really gather anymore. EM events are about the only time you'll see a larger congregation of people from the shard.

Norman Bates

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its changed quite a bit since we were around last. I've been back a little more than a month. There's a lot of activity. Just not as much action as we were used to seeing back in the vmp days. The biggest thing missing are player run towns. Without those, people don't really gather anymore. EM events are about the only time you'll see a larger congregation of people from the shard.
Hello, SpyderBite [you seem very familiar for some reason:]...anyways UORADIO.COM has established a large and thriving town along the road just West of Umbra...check it out!

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lots more here than speak up in GC.... Welcome back.;)

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
A few thing can help the problem with player runned town.
  • Vendor Search, people start to bring their vendors back to their main house.
  • Hubs with teleporters going to the player towns
  • The new global loot, it will bring more, special crafters hunt around the Towns, however we more drop of gems around the player Towns.
  • An upgrade of the town banner system to help communication, a way to send a note to all house owners
The shard had been very slow while waiting for this Public and now it seem to be slow because of trouble with the orange flaging. Give it a little time