• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Got an opinion on hide stealth/pets....post here.

• Thread starter imported_MoonglowMerchant
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
S

Stealth Caster

Seems to me just another example of someone that doesn't like a certain part of the game so they want to whine and cry about it and get it changed. No matter what they do I guess people will always cry about it.

As far as taking a look at siege and changing things because of how it works on siege, no chance if you ask me. I logged into my other account the other day on Legends and I could not believe the amount of people that were on the game. To me it seemed like there was a ton of people on. So why would EA care what the siege population has to say when they are making a lot of money off of the production shards? Now maybe there are a lot of people on siege but they are all hidden, but I will tell you I think that there is way more people on the production shards than there is on siege and if that is the case we can cry all we want but it is on deaf ears.

I

imported_SavageSP

Heres what I posted there, so Ill post it here.....

Address the Pets in PvP and Speeders First, then if you want to look at stealth, go for it.
Passive reveal on Siege with the 3 Big Zergs and all of the pets is Insane.

Detect hidden, Tracking(20 Human is all ya need and everyone knows it, it completely negates 175 points of surprise as it is), Meteor Storm, Chain Lightning, Earthquake, Thunderstorm, Conflag pots, Poison/Para/ Fields are all used now, try some of them.
Walking through others invisables on screen.

Why invest 175+ points of skill for defence for nothing, Passive would make those points worthless, Crafters on Siege wouldnt Travel, hell half the People in your guild would never leave the Luna House yall sit in all night till all 15 of ya run out.

Fix Pets first, fix the damn cheating already, is Ultima Online the only Game that doesnt give a damn about speeding and pvp scripts??? Then if you want to see everyone with thier pants down they might be more obliged to show themselfs before they get attacked or "all killed" by the Zergs.

Run out on the field with a non stealther now solo or in a small group of 2-3, see how long you last before your Dismounted and "all Killed" or surrounded by a guild a few people that can hit Mach One and run in front of you at the push of a button causing you to lag in the proccess.
You wont now, you dont now, and when you do you get dropped.

Its all kill, all zerg, and Mach One with 150 str and 150 dex set on long term or nothing, address that crap EV Devs, valentine's crap and eye candy Sux, how about fixing something that has made Ultima loose the Majority of its Pvping Customers to freeshards and other games??

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

Here's what I posted...

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

The stealther has what? 200 skill points into Hiding/Stealth? Why don't you put 200 points into Tracking/Detect Hidden? That sounds like a fair trade to me. Mages only need to add some tracking to be able to reveal people...

[/ QUOTE ]

I have detect... and let me tell you why this is wrong and why the system is broken.

I find another player stealthing around in my vicinity... I reveal that player and they instantly hide again... I then have to wait 10 seconds in order to have another attempt at revealing them... which is horrible as they've already stealthed away.

There is absolutely NO skill use delay between stealthing and hiding... you can begin stealthing immediately after you've hidden.

If there was a 4-5 second delay between detecting attempts and if detect hidden worked in conjunction with magery (where I could reveal other players with the magic spell "reveal" then it would be balanced.)

As it stand now... Detect hidden is worthless unless I SEE the other player hide before my eyes... tell me, what good is tracking a player and revealing them if they instantly hide once I've done so?

I have 100 points invested into a tracking skill that is useless and 100 points invested in a detect hidden skill that is for the majority of the time... useless.

<blockquote><hr>

Sorry, but I don't see this current situation as a problem due to hiders/stealthers because there are legal methods to counteract the hiding/stealth skills.

[/ QUOTE ]

The legal methods are broken... this is a huge issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

and

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Hmm, not sure about hiding/stealth, but I know we've talked about taming - specifically balancing the various tameables, which really requires some heavy datamining. I don't have anything resembling a schedule, unfortunately.

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly, if the Dev team addressed 3 issues that players abuse with taming... it would be pretty balanced.

1. Consider making it so that petballs have a 10-20 second delay between uses

Having a tamer running at mount speeds (in ninja form) following you while constantly pressing the "Summon Pet + All Kill + Last Target" UOA macro is overpowered.

2. Address the ability tamers have to hide after and during engaging in battle with another player.

If a player is engaged in a battle... they should not be allowed to be hidden... I think this is a big reason why they made it so that if you throw explosion pots while hidden and do damage it reveals you.

(The player doesn't even have to actively participate... simply All Kill, Target a player/enemy, Hide and watch as the battle ensues or stealth away the moment it seems the battle isn't going to be won.)

3. Address the log out/log in to retrieve pets feature that tamers constantly abuse to "save" their pets.

(It's not fair when we spend time killing the pet while the owner stealths away and logs out/in and retrieves it just before we were about to kill it so that player can instantly come back and re-engage making us repeat the process over and over and over again.)

Pets are not so much the issue as are the tools tamers have available to exploit using them.

[/ QUOTE ]

G

<blockquote><hr>

Heres what I posted there, so Ill post it here.....

Address the Pets in PvP and Speeders First, then if you want to look at stealth, go for it.
Passive reveal on Siege with the 3 Big Zergs and all of the pets is Insane.

Detect hidden, Tracking(20 Human is all ya need and everyone knows it, it completely negates 175 points of surprise as it is), Meteor Storm, Chain Lightning, Earthquake, Thunderstorm, Conflag pots, Poison/Para/ Fields are all used now, try some of them.
Walking through others invisables on screen.

Why invest 175+ points of skill for defence for nothing, Passive would make those points worthless, Crafters on Siege wouldnt Travel, hell half the People in your guild would never leave the Luna House yall sit in all night till all 15 of ya run out.

Fix Pets first, fix the damn cheating already, is Ultima Online the only Game that doesnt give a damn about speeding and pvp scripts??? Then if you want to see everyone with thier pants down they might be more obliged to show themselfs before they get attacked or "all killed" by the Zergs.

Run out on the field with a non stealther now solo or in a small group of 2-3, see how long you last before your Dismounted and "all Killed" or surrounded by a guild a few people that can hit Mach One and run in front of you at the push of a button causing you to lag in the proccess.
You wont now, you dont now, and when you do you get dropped.

Its all kill, all zerg, and Mach One with 150 str and 150 dex set on long term or nothing, address that crap EV Devs, valentine's crap and eye candy Sux, how about fixing something that has made Ultima loose the Majority of its Pvping Customers to freeshards and other games??

[/ QUOTE ]

*jaw drops*

*begins applause*