• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Buying] Gorgon Lenses

C

CKTC

Hi, I'm interested in buying 30-50 Gorgon Lenses, the max strength ones made with the brightest blue scales. Please reply with how many you can do and how much you want for them.
Thank you.

O

Ozzmandias

Hi, I'm interested in buying 30-50 Gorgon Lenses, the max strength ones made with the brightest blue scales. Please reply with how many you can do and how much you want for them.
Thank you.
Hi, I can do you 50.

I don't see any for sale on europa, but similar priced shards have them for 500k per.

How about 400k per?

W

woahcrea

Hello. I can make all 50 lenses, if you want. I have no idea where to get bright blue scales, medusa gives only light blue scales and lenses from them gives same charges as if I use any other scales. I want 200k for every gorgon lens, for this routine job.

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The bright blue ones (invunrability blu) are cut off her while she is still alive.

Difference using them to using any other is they give 100% chance to not get turned to stone, any onther scales only off about a 70% chance to resist being turned to stone.

Thunderz

M

Myna

i used both scales, the ones cutted form her and others and i never turned into stone

can someone confirm that you turned into stone while using non-invul-blue lenses?

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i used both scales, the ones cutted form her and others and i never turned into stone

can someone confirm that you turned into stone while using non-invul-blue lenses?
yes, medusa scales 100% resist her gaze, the normal scales you have a % chance of turning to stone, no idea what the % is though but YES!!!!

O

Ozzmandias

There is also a difference between scales cut from her live body(invul blue),and those cut from her dead body(faded blue).

The live scales are the ones to use, but cutting them from her can fail, it agro's her to you and if successful only gets 2-3 scales per attempt up to a max of 10 or 12 per Medusa. You have to wait a minute or so after a successful attempt.

Pretty much only dexxers can get the Live scales reliably, or frantic hit an run attempts by other char types. Of course, if you are using a Dexxer then you are burning through lenses like no-bodies business, but hey ho.

The Invul blue ones get 100% protection from petrification, and although I do not have the exact number, I'd say the normal Medusa scales get 80-90% chance to resist, and any other type of scale gets 70-80% chance to resist.

Cheers

Oz

W

woahcrea

From UOguide: Scales obtained by skinning dead Medusa, or obtained from other monsters, are only effective 90% of the time in blocking her paralyzing gaze.
You can charge up to 2-3 items with those scales - head, neck and earrings. So, if one item fails you can be pretty sure then the other two items will resist medusas gase.
On math language chance to resist with two items:
P=0,9 + 0,1 * 0,9 = 0,99 (99%)
chance with three items:
P=0,9 + 0,1 * 0,9 + 0,1 * 0,1 * 0,9 = 0,999 (99,9%)

O

Ozzmandias

If the OP is planning on soloing, then paying attention to the charges on 3 items will be a little distracting.

Unless of course they are planning on not using a conjurer's trinket, but then where's the fun in that?

Next thing you know they won't be disarming her either, and that'd be REALLY boring.

:lol:

A

ambernectar

There is also a difference between scales cut from her live body(invul blue),and those cut from her dead body(faded blue).

The live scales are the ones to use, but cutting them from her can fail, it agro's her to you and if successful only gets 2-3 scales per attempt up to a max of 10 or 12 per Medusa. You have to wait a minute or so after a successful attempt.

Pretty much only dexxers can get the Live scales reliably, or frantic hit an run attempts by other char types. Of course, if you are using a Dexxer then you are burning through lenses like no-bodies business, but hey ho.

The Invul blue ones get 100% protection from petrification, and although I do not have the exact number, I'd say the normal Medusa scales get 80-90% chance to resist, and any other type of scale gets 70-80% chance to resist.

Cheers

Oz
you can stealth up to her and harvest her without ever revealing yourself, shame the keys are so boring to obtain or I'd do it all day long :p

O

Ozzmandias

you can stealth up to her and harvest her without ever revealing yourself, shame the keys are so boring to obtain or I'd do it all day long :p

Oh well boo that's cheating! (Still there's the max of 10 or 12 before you get the "there are no scales left on that creature" message or whatever it says).

I think the OP got bored ages ago though ;)

Oh, and I do hope you are clearing the spawn when you do that, OR ARE YOU THE PERSON THAT LEAVES IT ALL FOR ME TO KILL? ;)

Cheers

Oz