• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Goodbye

• Thread starter Bumbledogswirls
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
B

Bumbledogswirls

Bye all! I no longer even feel welcolme at stratics and I will no longer be on the boards. For those of you who actually like me, I am somewhat happy to tell you that I might still join you in some parties.

I may note that I was especially angered by the continued hatred of "Soup and Quackers". I don't think you should let it happen again.

~Incredulesly

Cliff

S

soupandquackers

Bye all! I no longer even feel welcolme at stratics and I will no longer be on the boards. For those of you who actually like me, I am somewhat happy to tell you that I might still join you in some parties.

I may note that I was especially angered by the continued hatred of "Soup and Quackers". I don't think you should let it happen again.

~Incredulesly

Cliff
You know, i never did anything bad to you or say anything to you so bye! The people who actually know me on the boards dont think im like that so..:loser:

B

Bumbledogswirls

Check the two new toons post on the SF portion of the site. That'll change your mind.

L

Little Sadie

I don't see where Soup did anything wrong. I can't imagine anyone thinking him as posting anything hatred.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sorry you feel this way. Rather than taking the criticism and learning from it, you are letting it control you.

I stated from the beginning that I don't SF kids, and this is why. I have this kind of drama in the real world with my daughters and I don't plan to have it in my games, or here on Stratics. You are welcome to join us for events IF YOU CAN MANAGE YOUR EMOTIONS in a more mature manner than you have so far. If you cannot, then you did the right thing by leaving.

Continuing these personal attacks will result in action taken on your Stratics posting account. This is a warning for the entire thread.

B

Bumbledogswirls

I'm sorry you feel this way. Rather than taking the criticism and learning from it, you are letting it control you.

I stated from the beginning that I don't SF kids, and this is why. I have this kind of drama in the real world with my daughters and I don't plan to have it in my games, or here on Stratics. You are welcome to join us for events IF YOU CAN MANAGE YOUR EMOTIONS in a more mature manner than you have so far. If you cannot, then you did the right thing by leaving.

Continuing these personal attacks will result in action taken on your Stratics posting account. This is a warning for the entire thread.
Trish your acting like a war hero.

Lay off it.

Destroy my account whatever you wish. I'm done.

F

Flippers

I read the thread... was it edited? I saw someone looking for SFs and then an angry sign then a warning for someone looking for SFs to stay on topic as though what was posted wasnt what was posted.

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well take is easy Cliff. I really do think you are letting these things get to you. Just ignore it and move on. I have never gotten the feeling that you weren't welcome here anymore. Sure you and S&C had a round in that thread, but other than that? The whole "I'm going to see how welcome and caring the Stratics people are by bringing a special toon" was a little weird. I think we are a welcoming bunch, but being intentionally testy to get a reaction doesn't deserve a welcome. Since you've cleared your plate with your true age why not start fresh? We all have been 13 and we can now get a better grip on some of the things you say and understand you better. When I was 13 I was Mr.Know it all and a snotty "I'm a teenager now watch out" kinda kid. You may not be, IDK, but it's even cool if you are..haha
We'll see you out there somewhere! :thumbsup:

U

Ugly Wrinkleflip

I was gonna stay out of this one. But after reading EVERYTHING in all the threads I have an opinion. This may not be right to everyone and I can honestly say I can't take sides cause I don't know either party involved.

So here is what I got from the situation.

In the SF thread Bumbledog offered some friends room.
Bonzo complained about making room.
Soup responded to bonzo's complaint with an emotion.
Soup the responded to bonzo's complaint with a statement.

All of a sudden it became personal to Bumbledog for whatever reason. This is where I see this has gotten out of hand. One person reading what they think into a situation. Then it snowballed into He said She said. Which in turn turned into I am gonna be mean and childish(age not important for this, I have done this myself RECENTLY) by doing a stupid test. After announcing the intentions to see who they could get riled up.

WE still on the same page? GOOD!

Now all of a sudden its 1 perosn against an army(do you feel like Saddam now?). And everyone is mad. Personally I didn't have the opportunity to be in the battle but I have to say it was not very nice of the toon to show up with only 5laff remaining. Test or no test. You could have helped other toons become sad for no reason but personal satisfaction.

In closing I would like to say now that it;s all said and done lets just move on and enjoy the game. Because when it all boils down to it that's why we play and thats why were here. RIGHT?

This is just my opinion and thoughts.
No toons were harmed during this posting lol.

L

Little Sadie

So someone showed up with only 5 laff? I didn't go to the battles so I missed that one. I'm glad I didn't go as that toon would have went sad pretty quickly as I wouldn't have tooned them. Sorry, I can see being down a little laff, though I don't like it when anyone does that. To come in that low is blatant griefing.

F

Flippers

When I was 13 I played with friends my own age outside. We didnt have Internet, and the only time I had to deal with adults were in school, at the doctor's, at the store, and at family gatherings. And then it was on their terms.

But I digress...

I am not a fan of cliques. They cause a lot of the world's social problems on many scales up to global. I will never side with anyone based on allegiance if the cause is wrong.

Given that, the thread in question as it stands does not make sense. The first post is typical of code reconaissance chat. What follows as the third is an intrusive negative post, and highly out of character for someone I happen to admire as a player. There are also references to things which were not said. So the question is: was the thread partially edited? If so then it turns an innocent inquiry into an inflammatory thread for no reason. Objectively speaking.

I'd like to think we are above elitism which makes a certain other forum site too far gone on some of its boards. There is no rule against minors posting here, and from what exists in that thread, he has done nothing wrong. The antagonistic position of "mature" veterans surprises and disappoints me. Their treatment reflects on all of us as the thread stands.

L

loadexfa

Whatever you do, I hope you continue to enjoy TT and have a group of SF's to play with. Where you find your SF's is up to you. I don't get the impression you are not welcome here anymore, but that's up to you to decide. Having some people not like you.... tends to be part of life.

Good Luck!

Josh

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I read the thread... was it edited?
There were a couple posts deleted by their original poster. So yeah, what you see isn't everything that happened in that thread. It's quite possible Cliff didn't see it all, either.

I am not a fan of cliques. They cause a lot of the world's social problems on many scales up to global. I will never side with anyone based on allegiance if the cause is wrong.

I'd like to think we are above elitism which makes a certain other forum site too far gone on some of its boards. There is no rule against minors posting here, and from what exists in that thread, he has done nothing wrong. The antagonistic position of "mature" veterans surprises and disappoints me. Their treatment reflects on all of us as the thread stands.
Your first paragraph I would agree with. I never thought of us as elitists or conformists. And I know those of us who are vets have tried to make everyone feel welcome here and during in-game events. But these things are the result of growing pains and were bound to happen in some fashion, because we all ARE different. Including the antagonizing mature veterans.

Having some people not like you.... tends to be part of life.
Indeed it does.

L

Little Sadie

I guess the only antagonizing I saw was the one putting us through a test.

B

Boots

Just keep saying to yourself, "It's only a game. It's only a game." (to everyone, self included. I don't want to be accused of elitism!!)

Might help regain some perspective.

:lick:

W

Winky2008

OMG people let it go... Get over it. Go play toontown for an hour and forget about it. Don't let some kid get to you. Its not that important.

B

Boots

Ain't it the truth? AIN'T IT THE TROOOOTH?!?! hehe

thanx. They're what's important. Remembering that makes it easier for me to keep perspective.

F

Flippers

The people are real.

The people are real.

The people are real.

Remember that society is a state of mind, regardless of the substance of the locale.

Just keep saying to yourself, "It's only a game. It's only a game." (to everyone, self included. I don't want to be accused of elitism!!)

Might help regain some perspective.

:lick:
As someone with some experience in moderating some boards as well, it might be prudent to delete posts no longer relevant.

B

Bumbledogswirls

OMG people let it go... Get over it. Go play toontown for an hour and forget about it. Don't let some kid get to you. Its not that important.
Ain't it the truth? AIN'T IT THE TROOOOTH?!?! hehe

thanx. They're what's important. Remembering that makes it easier for me to keep perspective.
This is completely conveluted point of view.

The people are real.

The people are real.

The people are real.

Remember that society is a state of mind, regardless of the substance of the locale.

Thank you. I don't understand it completely but i'll comply.

Thank you.

I'd like to point out that most of you already KNEW I was 13 and before now it didn't make a difference. I can tell some of you think i'm an immature little git from the moment you found out I was a kid. I happen to realise that, yes, I overreacted last night, but you all have pushed me again over the edge. Some of you will still like me, other will not. Whichever you choose, I'm alright w/ that, but I'm not giving stratics another chance. Goodbye, and good riddance.

S

Steveo

Wow this is like watching Days of our Lives or some soap. Ifeel like i just went back about 15 years in high school.

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can tell some of you think i'm an immature little git from the moment you found out I was a kid.

I mean I kinda had a feeling you were younger than what you were saying, BUT I took your word for it. Now that I know your 13, being an immature "git" is fine! If you were 17 and acting like that, well then I'd think "wow this kid has some issues". I'm glad you realized you might have overreacted. If you don't want to stay here, you can take it as a life lesson. Age 13-18 are the busiest/craziest years of your life, just don't sweat the small stuff!

B

Boots

Last one, I promise.

Yes, Flippers, you're aboslutley right--the people are, in fact, real. And society is (at least sometimes) a state of mind--and that was my point exactly.

If you make something important, it is important. If you refuse to make something important, than (at least to some extent, situation dependent of course) it won't be. In other words, these two famous rules come to mind:

1) don't sweat the small stuff
2) it's all small stuff

This entire situation could very very likely have been avoided had those involved simply treated this game as exactly that (I can't say "It would have been avoided" of course). Yes, the social interactions are real; yes people can be hurt by things that others say and/or do in this, and any other, social interaction. But some small part (and in some cases, a large part) of the onus falls upon the "injured" party--to decide how important the whole situation is. Is it worth your time, effort, and mental energy to get all upset--to the extent of quitting a community--over what could very well have been some sort of misunderstanding? (type is notoriously difficult to interpret when it comes to emotions and such)

I don't believe I was off topic--the reason I posted was because I thought I was the one getting straight *to* the topic.

My unsolicited advice, (questionable) wisdom brought about through internet gaming since the late 1980's, is to remember you're playing a game (a game with social interaction is still a game); don't take yourself too seriously; give folks the benefit of the doubt, espeically when it's *possible* they were *not* trying to injure you; pick your battles.

Have a nice day.

B

Bumbledogswirls

Last one, I promise.

1) don't sweat the small stuff
2) it's all small stuff
May I take this as you saying to not sweat anything? :bs: Good luck with life. I don't envy you! :D lol.

This thread has become a argumentative nightmare.

If you don't sweat anything, you will eventually end up sweating everything.

Do not pose as a glorious saint.

You are MOST LIKELY not a saint, seeing as how you play toontown as an adult, not that I personally consider you all dorks but what would the rest of society think?

We obviously don't ACTUALLY grasp the diverse concepts your throwing out, so I'm going to ask you to lay off these theoretical shows of almost religious furor, and see sense.

YES this COULD have been avoided. NO it was NOT. Therefore we should not talk about what would have happened, because it DID happen, and fixing it is completely impossible.

I dare say this thread has gotten old. One more time, I will say my goodbyes.

I do not dislike, or disreguard, most of you at stratics, but there are those who have won my enmity. I will stay SFs w/ those who would like to continue being my SFs but I don't think that staying at Stratics is a very good idea for myself.

Goodbye.

:owned:

Cheers to all whom I like, laughing at those whom I despise.

~Finally

Cliff

PS. I actually do like the CCG a lot, and it will do fine for the boss runs I choose to do. GL to all. Buhbye.

L

Little Sadie

Do not pose as a glorious saint.

You are MOST LIKELY not a saint, seeing as how you play toontown as an adult, not that I personally consider you all dorks but what would the rest of society think?

I dare say this thread has gotten old. One more time, I will say my goodbyes.

I do not dislike, or disreguard, most of you at stratics, but there are those who have won my enmity. I will stay SFs w/ those who would like to continue being my SFs but I don't think that staying at Stratics is a very good idea for myself.

Goodbye.

:owned:

Cheers to all whom I like, laughing at those whom I despise.

~Finally

Cliff

PS. I actually do like the CCG a lot, and it will do fine for the boss runs I choose to do. GL to all. Buhbye.
Now my turn to say good riddance. To come on this board, who only welcomed you, and insult the adults that play toontown is too much. The more you post, the more obvious you are a child. I am sure there are other boards out there that would love to have you. I can't believe the SFS you have made on this board would keep you as a SF after insulting them. I do hope it is your last good bye.

S

soupandquackers

People try and give you words of advice and you take at as an insult or something. I knew all along you were lying about your age and for what, to fit in? You are so disrespectful to kind people and i for one, am so glad your gone.

K

Kippy

The people who actually know me on the boards dont think im like that so..:loser:
I only know you from playing with you here and there, you were always very nice, no matter what toon i was on, big or small, no matter what gags i had, good or bad, i think you are great :)

So someone showed up with only 5 laff? I didn't go to the battles so I missed that one. I'm glad I didn't go as that toon would have went sad pretty quickly as I wouldn't have tooned them. Sorry, I can see being down a little laff, though I don't like it when anyone does that. To come in that low is blatant griefing.
Yeah that made me really mad!
I was hoping to have that pig on my side (i think you all know why)
but he got lucky and had ''big heart'' Susan there to save his sorry butt with a TU unite!
I think that going into a boss with such low law is just plain rude!

You reading my mind?
All the ppl here at stratics are mature enough to move on. We never had an issue like this before, and I do NOT think that a 13 year old kid is gonna start and change what we have here, so listen kid, if you want to prove what or who you are, do NOT test us!
I have been here for 2 years now, Stratics is all about fun and frienship, if you can't do it then goodbye!

If you keep on testing ppl, you will never be welcome anywhere, GROW UP!

B

Beachmom321

WOW! Hi everyone ... I'm glad I missed this til now I have enough drama. Toontown is my escape place ... love it : ) To all I have fought with hope to see you soon!

Roxy McGoober (110 laff) home grown squirt ... no drop! :bowdown:

S

Stubby

Cliff may not even read this but I feel compelled to say something unrelated to the sf posts (which I read after the edits).

I just want to say that I could tell early on that Cliff was very young. I could tell by his words and actions that he must be about 14ish. I volunteer with middle school kids so I think I have an inkling about this age group. Plus raising kids, yada...yada...

I am disappointed in his actions and always tried to treat him the way I would like to be treated. I am disappointed by his general comments about those of us 'adults' who play TT. everybody needs a hobby or release from day to day stress. I am wrestling with the idea of removing him from my sf list, but I also know that a child of 13 has not had time for his brain to mature enough to make 'adult' perceptions on situations and may tend to only see things as only a child would, which may be to take things personally and out of context.

Ok, my 2cents, Im sorry to see ya go Cliff, good luck! - Sandi