• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Goodbye Sonoma, Hello ATL!

Hellstorm

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So i cam back a few weeks ago... Due to account migration or server errors, I came back and found two accounts missing all my main characters and gear. The third account was given to me and I didn't develop it that much. The account was also on Sonoma. So after giving sonoma a try, I decided that 9 out of 10 empty vendors, and no economy to speak of, just wasn't for me. I made some test character and walked around a few shards first. I play mostly PVM, and mostly kinda solo. But its nice to have someone to sell your sweet loot to, and nice to go shopping and buy the scroll you need.

I stoned all my hard to train skills, and put the rest on my main... And here i am!

I work as a paramedic, and on my days off, when my GF is at work I need a way to relax. So coming back to the game i have played since launch seemed like a good idea.

Glad you guys are keeping things going. You seem to have a decent economy, and good community.

Oh and i love the moongate you dropped next to brit bank... i forgot that nobody hang out there anymore though.

T

Tazar

Greetings - and Welcome to Atlantic.

Haven and Luna are probably your two most active spots - Luna for trading and bank sitting, and Haven for meeting people and getting started.

If you go to the Zento Moongate and go north over the wall, you will find Goodman's Rune Library. It's the most active on the shard and will help you get around. Also, the house just west of Goodman's is a Teleport Hub with runes to many of the main malls and player run towns/special establishments.

Hope to see you in game.

C

Calat

I will give you some advice ,give it up spend your money on World of Warcraft or Diablo. The Atlantic shard isn't worth the time or money to rebuild your account. I know I will get replies for this but I can't stand seeing someone else make the same mistake I made. I can say as atleast you haven't been paying three accounts ,I have been paying for 4 and wasted every penny on this shard.

D

Deisree888

Welcome To Atlantic!!! What's the name of your main Char? I will say hi if I see ya.

T

Tazar

I will give you some advice ,give it up spend your money on World of Warcraft or Diablo. The Atlantic shard isn't worth the time or money to rebuild your account. I know I will get replies for this but I can't stand seeing someone else make the same mistake I made. I can say as atleast you haven't been paying three accounts ,I have been paying for 4 and wasted every penny on this shard.
Sorry you had a bad experience with a few people. That could happen any where, any time, in game or out. That's still no reason to try to ruin things for others. Atlantic has a lot of great people who are more than willing to join in and help out - you do all of them a disservice with your post. Judging the entire shard by a few people is wrong.

Also, given that the OP said he was a solo PVM player and just wanted an economy where he could sell stuff, I think Atlantic will be a great home for him.

C

Calat

Sorry you had a bad experience with a few people. That could happen any where, any time, in game or out. That's still no reason to try to ruin things for others ...... I would be the first to agree with that statement but it is not true I play World of Warcraft and haven't had any of the problems I have had in UO.It isn't about ruining anyones game it is trying to help someone not waste their money.I wish I would have been able to see what 2-3 yrs on that shard would have brought me I sure wouldn't have wasted the time or money trying to make UO something it just isn't anymore.The select few who try to make it fun or enjoyable are out numbered by the ones who have ruined it.

Hellstorm

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't need to speak to a single person on ATL, and I would be content, But I have met a few folks that were pretty friendly.

I have played this game on and off since 97... I have seen it all... Scams, Dupes, exploits, guild arguments, rez killing, spawn camping, price jacking, scroll hording, moongate camping...

I am a grown man, ex military, ex correctional officer, currently a paramedic for the nations 3rd largest municipal EMS system.

That being said.... if somebody calls me a doo doo head, and kills my mule, and takes all of his pixels, and wont let me in on the champ spawn... or blah blah blah... I could care less!

I am happy to see stocked vendors, and I enjoy knowing that other players are having fun and running around buying, selling, trading, and grinding skills.

WOW is not for the casual gamer, I dont want to spend 8 hours raiding. I do play Diablo however, when my friends kids come over... I hook up good old Diablo I on an old playstation 1.

Like I said before debbie downer threw a wet blanket on the party, glad to be here ATL!

My main is Zared he is a nexro, nox, stealth, tamer, peace, mage... ( until I get all his skills moved arround correctly LOL )... And my crafter ( im gonna try imbuing ) is Warforge inc.

C

Calat

Just dont mention your military on the game some people on Atlantic don't think to highly of military.I hope you do enjoy your game.I was just trying to give you fair warning ,if it is how you choose to spend your money then by all means go right ahead.

T-Hunt

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Calat you sound or look to be a troll..
Yes there are ass whipes on all shards and the ones whith the highes population have more..
So yes Atl is the main a-hole for brats..
But i have met many more nicer players then jerks on Atl..
I dont play Atl as a main shard but i do play it alot..

Your comments on milatary were on called for big time..
Just deleat your UO account and stratics also, and move on..you do not seem happy here..

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
HI!!

I just recently came back too, and Atlantic is my second home (Origin will forever be my TRUE home). But I love it here!

I too am a solo pvm player, for now ;) Until I get my imbuing up and am able to craft my own gear. THEN I will enter the land of the reds and enjoy some pvp :)

If you see me around gimme a hollar, Maharia is my Tamer and Tinkerbell is my crafter.

I will keep my necro/mage peacer's name secret ;) MUAHAH :mf_prop:

Anyway welcome to Atlantic, the community here is awesome and TONS of very helpful people if you need it :)

C

Caldwin_DDP

Hellstorm, I like your remark that WoW isn't for casual gamers. I often tell prospective members that DDP is a group of casual gamers. We all have other RL concerns and we play when we play. Welcome to Atlantic and I look forward to seeing you at a spawn.

Hellstorm

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Like I said before, i normally PVM solo. Its just about passing the time and having fun. I tried that in WOW, but if you want to get the top gear you have to Raid... and not just a few times a month. With the imbuing system, and with vendors, I have plenty of options to get decent gear.

I did one of the first champs when publish 16 hit. before everyone adjusted to the new templates, I had a LJ swordsman that was using the weapon specials, and maxed out damage and swing speed increase. ( that was before we knew how to really build dexxers correctly ). I was guild leader for a small PK guild, and had a sweet fel 18x18 we used to train skills, duel, and plan attacks. I remember how much neon weapons sold for, before we realized they were just sparkly junk!

I did all of that very casually, at most I played 6 hours on a sunday afternoon.

I also like how in UO you can dye your gear, customize your house, and really tweak skills and templates. WOW is pretty impressive on the surface, but it is lacking if you really have spent any time in UO.

Prawn

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just dont mention your military on the game some people on Atlantic don't think to highly of military.I hope you do enjoy your game.I was just trying to give you fair warning ,if it is how you choose to spend your money then by all means go right ahead.
You sir are a very sad individual. Just because you got sucked into the tools that spam gen chat and ended up being one of their targets doesn't mean the next person is going to have the same issues. The game is what you make of it... and no matter what the 12 year old newfags will continue to stalk anything that has pvp, it is in all games.

Willard

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome to Atlantic. I am a transplant to Atlantic also, came over from LA via Sonoma via Baja. So far I am having a blast on Atlantic. Send me a PM or ICQ if you need help with anything. :)