• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Goodbye Mesanna

Naxatilor Feluka

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wanted to write something truely hateful, but the words really dont exist to describe the taste in my mouth after this, so I will leave you with a simple -Goodbye. I would explain further for anyone reading but I just dont care anymore. One message for one person.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can't imagine leaving an awesome game over one person...but cya

Last edited:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't imagine what Mesanna can have done to deserve such a post, no one loves the game more, nor has gone above and beyond her job description more often to help players resolve problems.

Veldrane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
While we of course don't know the story behind this, but I'd be wiling to guess this is a direct result of the player base considering Mesanna their personal GM who will come and right whatever minor injustice they feel has befallen them. Every time someone has a problem the answer is always the same "email Mesanna, she'll fix it for you". While that is true to some extent, and she is one of the most hands on Dev's we've seen in a while, we've lost site that she's the producer of UO not a GM and thus she can't be on call 24/7 to fix the really really minor and petty stuff that some folks think demands her personal attention.

Luvmylace

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I never log in anymore (for personal reasons) ,but this is an exception. This just has to be a case of "sour grapes ".Everyone pleads their case here ,so that must mean it is one sided or we would have the other side. No one quits on one isolated instance ,that can't be fixed or helped by your teammates. Sorry to see another player go but stay safe.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I never log in anymore (for personal reasons) ,but this is an exception. This just has to be a case of "sour grapes ".Everyone pleads their case here ,so that must mean it is one sided or we would have the other side. No one quits on one isolated instance ,that can't be fixed or helped by your teammates. Sorry to see another player go but stay safe.
Two thirds of my guild left UO and they all pointed the finger at Mesanna. They all blamed Mesanna for allowing her Dev team to destroy factions/PvP and none of them came on here to plead their case. Just saying

Luvmylace

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Two thirds of my guild left UO and they all pointed the finger at Mesanna. They all blamed Mesanna for allowing her Dev team to destroy factions/PvP and none of them came on here to plead their case. Just saying
Sorry to hear that, But when I don't like something, I find something else. there is so much in uo to do ,surely they could have tried to do something else.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry to hear that, But when I don't like something, I find something else. there is so much in uo to do ,surely they could have tried to do something else.
Most of them had been long time vets and the PvP was the end game for them, while PvM is fun, its not the same as the adrenalin rush you get from playing PvP. So once they felt that their fun part of the game had been wrecked with a wrecking ball they left. PvP still has not been fixed, there is talk of a new system but the Devs are now so scared to totch the PvP side they have just ignored it. I too have not PvPed since they made the drastic changes to Factions. But as you said there is plenty more to keep me occupied within the game, so while they left i stayed.

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most of them had been long time vets and the PvP was the end game for them, while PvM is fun, its not the same as the adrenalin rush you get from playing PvP. So once they felt that their fun part of the game had been wrecked with a wrecking ball they left. PvP still has not been fixed, there is talk of a new system but the Devs are now so scared to totch the PvP side they have just ignored it. I too have not PvPed since they made the drastic changes to Factions. But as you said there is plenty more to keep me occupied within the game, so while they left i stayed.
And they did not quit with AoS? PvP has gone through many drastic changes, many wrecking balls, and is not an end game for vets I'm sorry to say. Calling it such makes what other vets do trivial. Realistically they quit because they were not getting what they wanted out of a game and moved on. They will be back, we all come back..

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And they did not quit with AoS? PvP has gone through many drastic changes, many wrecking balls, and is not an end game for vets I'm sorry to say. Calling it such makes what other vets do trivial. Realistically they quit because they were not getting what they wanted out of a game and moved on. They will be back, we all come back..
and where are all those player who quit after AOS? I don't see them coming back, so lets not play the old AOS card.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why blame Mesanna though? She wasn't even promoted until long after factions was gone and destroyed.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why blame Mesanna though? She wasn't even promoted until long after factions was gone and destroyed.
the latest faction changes went in under her command, she had to authorize the changes or she wasnt doing her job, if she just lets her team do what ever the wanted without getting her agreement first. Now i didn't say i blamed her so if you have any more questions you ask them who left and were pointing the finger at Mesanna not me.

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and where are all those player who quit after AOS? I don't see them coming back, so lets not play the old AOS card.
Raises Hand!

I sir am one, however I was not playing cards.. True it took 8 years for mr to come back fully, but I did come back.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Raises Hand!

I sir am one, however I was not playing cards.. True it took 8 years for mr to come back fully, but I did come back.
Well done! Thanks for coming back, Me! I never left, 15 years and counting... But alas you were far and few between. Pre AOS UO must have had 1,000,000+ subscribers and if only 1 in every 1,000 came back we would be in a better shape than we are now. So again dont go playing the Pre AOS card with me, many of my characters still have and wear the "I Survived the AOS" clothing we got way back then and many of my old skooll friend never returned, and i doubt the ones who left after the last Faction Nerf will be back either.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well done! Thanks for coming back, Me! I never left, 15 years and counting... But alas you were far and few between. Pre AOS UO must have had 1,000,000+ subscribers and if only 1 in every 1,000 came back we would be in a better shape than we are now. So again dont go playing the Pre AOS card with me, many of my characters still have and wear the "I Survived the AOS" clothing we got way back then and many of my old skooll friend never returned, and i doubt the ones who left after the last Faction Nerf will be back either.

I don't think it ever had that many, maybe a few hundred thousand at peak, though still many times more than today. One had to mark WBB runes a ways from the actual bank (lest someone have parked on it), then recall in and likely have to push through people to get near enough.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think it ever had that many, maybe a few hundred thousand at peak, though still many times more than today. One had to mark WBB runes a ways from the actual bank (lest someone have parked on it), then recall in and likely have to push through people to get near enough.
I am sure the official figures of 2003 said they had over 250,000 subscribers world wide at that point in time and that was meant to be UO's peak. I just pulled the 1,000,000 figure out my ass as an example

Last edited:

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Factions and PvP was ruined long ago.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
In my humble opinion as a Siege player, where every player is "PvP", this Dev team rocks. We all have favorite times and Devs... This team just makes good things happen.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wanted to write something truely hateful, but the words really dont exist to describe the taste in my mouth after this, so I will leave you with a simple -Goodbye. I would explain further for anyone reading but I just dont care anymore. One message for one person.
do you really hate dyes that much?