• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Goodbye Aurelius

Tame Misha

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
hello Folks,

as far as I know, tomorrow(Thursday) will be the last day of Aurelius being with us in Sosaria. Broadsword ( and us too) failed to keep him.
Unfortunately I won't be able to attend the bank meeting tomrrow but i hope many of you will show up to show him respect and to say thanks and goodbye.
We will lose one of the most important and nice players. And Europa will be different.
As I won't be here tomorrow, I say my goodbye today and still really hope he will change his mind someday.

A big hug and a big thank Aurelius!!! I will miss you a lot! *sigh*

Misha

Valura

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We will lose one of the most important and nice players. And Europa will be different.
Truer words have not been said. I am beyond sad that we have been unable to change his mind and I sincerely hope that one day he will return to Europa and UO. Take care Aurelius, we shall very much miss you,your wisdom and good nature.

Melchiah

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Pride of place - no better place I could think to put it.

upload_2015-8-27_22-18-24.png

Thanks for the advice over the years, and the cooking, and hopefully we'll still get to see you every now and then!

Ioan Septim

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
For me UO is not only graphics/gameplay like other games, the main value of UO are players who are playing it, players who always find time to help newcomers and give an advice or just to chat with, players who over years became integral part of UO, even part of storyline and history itself and loosing Aurelius is like cutting away an epic part of UO itself, hope you understand my point. I can only hope he will be back one day.

Goodbye, Aurelius

Last edited:

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Over the years I have made (and lost) many good friends in UO and it is particularly saddening to me that now, one of the first players I grew to know and respect has joined the far too long list. For all its shortcomings UO is still, to me a place where I can enjoy the company of other like minded people in an alternative world. I agree with Aurelius that there is much that is wrong with the direction and policing of the game but for me the good still outweighs the bad and I fully intend to keep playing until the lights go out. Nevertheless I can understand his reasoning, he has explained it fully enough. All that remains is for me to wish him well wherever the future takes him and to join others in hoping it will only be a temporary thing and he will use Barian's revolving door at some time in the future.

That being so I will not say Goodbye but content myself with Au Revoir.