• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Good template for a wizard?

Crisvir

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hello, I am starting to play since a long time inactive, like 10 years, I will be playing alone I guess most of the time but sometimes my girlfriens will come with me in my UOAdventures.

What would be a good wizard template to start looking into a future?

Thanks!
Cristobal.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Hello, I am starting to play since a long time inactive, like 10 years, I will be playing alone I guess most of the time but sometimes my girlfriens will come with me in my UOAdventures.

What would be a good wizard template to start looking into a future?

Thanks!
Cristobal.
Try a Mystic Mage. Skills to have: Magery, Evaluate Intelligence, Mysticism, Focus, Meditation, Resisting Spells

Here is my template:

Magery 100 (120 with Crystalline Ring)
Eval Intel 120
Mysticism 120
Focus 80 (120 with Crystalline Ring, obedience belt and talisman)
Resisting Spells 110
Meditation 72
Spellweaving 118

You can tweak the template to your preference. This is my primary character I play. The main spell book I use also has +10 meditation and +10 resisting spells, so I am getting quite a bit of help to my template from gear with skill points on them. If you didn't want to do this, you could remove spellweaving and allocate those points accordingly.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
It all depends on what your play style is and what you want to do. There are distinctly different templates for PvM and PvP. That said, I would start with"

120 Magery
120 Eval Int
120 Resist
120 Meditation

The other two skills could be:
1) 120 Mysticism and 120 Focus
2) 120 Necromancy and 120 Spirit Speak
3) 120 Wrestling and 120 Spellweaving

There are many other alternatives. It just depends on what you want to do. Also, truth be told, you could go without the 120 Resist and/or 120 Meditation in some cases and still be effective. Another important component is your suit and weapon. Consider these together with the template.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I don't have much time to reply but wanted to say...

If you want to play defensively and have lots of options for keeping yourself alive a Mystic/Mage is the best option. If you want to play offensively and have highest damage output a Necro/Mage is the best option. (Even more so if you fit Inscription in there.)

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Personally I like the following:
120 Discord
120 Music
120 Mystic
120 Focus (20 from crystalline)
120 Spellweaving
100 Magery (20 from crystalline)
60 Meditation

vegasy

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Try a Mystic Mage. Skills to have: Magery, Evaluate Intelligence, Mysticism, Focus, Meditation, Resisting Spells

Here is my template:

Magery 100 (120 with Crystalline Ring)
Eval Intel 120
Mysticism 120
Focus 80 (120 with Crystalline Ring, obedience belt and talisman)
Resisting Spells 110
Meditation 72
Spellweaving 118

You can tweak the template to your preference. This is my primary character I play. The main spell book I use also has +10 meditation and +10 resisting spells, so I am getting quite a bit of help to my template from gear with skill points on them. If you didn't want to do this, you could remove spellweaving and allocate those points accordingly.
This template interest me. i want to make Myst/Mage.
This char what can do in game?

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
This template interest me. i want to make Myst/Mage.
This char what can do in game?
This template can participate in just about any encounter in-game. The only thing which I do not use this character for are champion spawns.