• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Good Siege Templates

G

If someone was somewhat new to siege and wanted to create a good pvp character (non tamer), what would some of the better templates be? Mage templates have always been the preferred template for me, but I'm not opposed to dexxer templates. Also, I miss being able to play a thief. How viable is a thief on siege? At first glance it seems like it would be a pretty fun profession because there is no insurance on siege, but I'd like to hear what people who actually play here have to say about it before I go through the trouble of training all those skills up. I have several accounts so I'll be able to try a few different things. Any input into the above topics would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

P

pikon198

theives are fun, but most importantly you should play what you feel comfortably with and will have fun with.

I like to play my fencer/archer with chiv. Works well against pvm, and does ok in pvp.

I'm not to sure on mage templates, but some mage will chime in. I do hate those necro mage templates though, arrg they sting alot!

I

imported_Goron

Play whatever you can enjoy playing!

But, to give you some feedback on the current template theme of Siege: stealth. Doesn't matter what goes with it- many people seem to be running stealth as a part of their template.

I do have a dexxer which I enjoy playing, but I die a lot to stealth ambushes.

I

imported_dexdash

yep start training hiding stealth and nijitsu you can get them to rot in about 2 days of training. then trow on whatever your hearts desire

G

Thieves are probably not worth it. Not much worth stealing. And most people that start the thief profession you see hanging around Luna stealing from people are eventually gone in a month or two, which tells me they didn't have fun.

As for pvp templates:
Mage based - Necro mage is probably the best (mage/med/eval/resist/necro/ss, bless a swords of prosperity).
Archer - dismount archer (archery/stealth/hide/tactics/ninja/anatomy/maybe healing).
Dexxer - swords/bushido (swords/tactics/anat/bushido/parry (or resist)/heal (or chiv) + some med OR
swords/bushido/ninja (swords/tactics/bushido/hide/stealth/ninja)

I'd say the 4 main templates above, plus ninja/tamer account for 60-70% of all pvp templates currently in the field.

About 50% of all templates out there now have hide/stealth/ninja on them which makes playing a character without hide/stealth/ninja hard since you are always targetted, keep that in mind.

G

Thank you all for the input. I developed a distaste for hiding and stealth during the stealth archer era a few years back, but maybe I will give it a try... on one character anyway.

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

Thieves are probably not worth it. Not much worth stealing. And most people that start the thief profession you see hanging around Luna stealing from people are eventually gone in a month or two, which tells me they didn't have fun.

As for pvp templates:
Mage based - Necro mage is probably the best (mage/med/eval/resist/necro/ss, bless a swords of prosperity).
Archer - dismount archer (archery/stealth/hide/tactics/ninja/anatomy/maybe healing).
Dexxer - swords/bushido (swords/tactics/anat/bushido/parry (or resist)/heal (or chiv) + some med OR
swords/bushido/ninja (swords/tactics/bushido/hide/stealth/ninja)

I'd say the 4 main templates above, plus ninja/tamer account for 60-70% of all pvp templates currently in the field.

About 50% of all templates out there now have hide/stealth/ninja on them which makes playing a character without hide/stealth/ninja hard since you are always targetted, keep that in mind.

[/ QUOTE ]
agree 95%.

E

Emil_surdeegen

<u>go with a crafter u can make bazillions </u>

How?