• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Good PvP Dexxer Template

S

Splatter666

HiHo all,
curently i have a red ois dexxer
skilles with:
120 Ana, Fenc, Tac
100 Pois ( i know that 80 would be enough but dont wanna drop )
90 healing
90 Ninja
60 chiv
rest is Medi

How could i rebuild this template to make it more effektive?
Or built a complete new template?

what are your meanings?

N

NickyDishes

HiHo all,
curently i have a red ois dexxer
skilles with:
120 Ana, Fenc, Tac
100 Pois ( i know that 80 would be enough but dont wanna drop )
90 healing
90 Ninja
60 chiv
rest is Medi

How could i rebuild this template to make it more effektive?
Or built a complete new template?

what are your meanings?
drop chiv and poisoning all together pick up stealth and hiding for deathstrikes......the only template ninja is good for wihout stealth and hiding is a mage...for animal form and mirror images. poisoning is a worthless skill....everyone that has any brains that pvps will carry greater cure pots.....this is the temp u want:

120 ninja
120 fencing
100 hiding
90 stealth (its very easy to attain 120 with items for deathstrikes)
90 tactics
90 healing
90 anatomy

u say u dont wanna drop poisoning but u are wasting 100 skill points imo

S

Splatter666

dont wanna drop to 80, so i can storage pois to soulstone

ill test that template u write

THX a lot

loki danu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i have a pvp dexer
he is
120 fencing
115 archery
90 heal
100 anat
115 tac
115 bush
65 med

ill go 120 on bush and atchery when i have the gold

when i pot up my stats are
110 mana
166 stam
120 str

and yes im factions so i have all the items

seems to work well
disarm bleed chase with AI bow

N

NickyDishes

i have a pvp dexer
he is
120 fencing
115 archery
90 heal
100 anat
115 tac
115 bush
65 med

ill go 120 on bush and atchery when i have the gold

when i pot up my stats are
110 mana
166 stam
120 str

and yes im factions so i have all the items

seems to work well
disarm bleed chase with AI bow
bush without parry stinks i think.....id rather have 120 all skills and 120 resist than 60 med and 115 bush......i had the same template u had and switched and im much more effective.......i think splatter wants to run a ninja dexxer anyway right?

S

Splatter666

120 ninja
120 fencing
100 hiding
90 tactics
90 healing
90 anatomy

thats 700 skillpoints, what to do with the 20 more skillpoints?
make ana & tac to 100?
or stealth to 110 to get easier to 120?

N

NickyDishes

that or whatever u want.....any which way u go with the 20 extra skill points doesnt make or break template....personally id go gm heal anat......lots of people dont have 4 years hence the 700 limit for a new player

J

[JD]

120 ninja
120 fencing
100 hiding
90 tactics
90 healing
90 anatomy

thats 700 skillpoints, what to do with the 20 more skillpoints?
make ana & tac to 100?
or stealth to 110 to get easier to 120?
if you are wearing all mediable armor pieces you need 75 stealth (confirmed by me) to never fail stealthing (unless you are uncovered)

That gives you 35 pts to play with - 15 from Stealth lowering to 75, and 20 pts because you have 720 skill pts.

I would prolly go 110 tac, 100 anat, 95 healing with the 35 pts

120 ninja lets you use kirin form for endurance regen, and also to throw poisoned fukiya darts/shurriken when you are using a 1h weapon as if you had 120 weaponskill. i read (but havent confirmed) it lets you apply deadly poison even if you do not have the deadly poison skill (ie let a mule poison your stuff). you can also smoke bomb and mirror image...

How would this type of character even work anyway... jesus its hard enough to take someone down on a stealth archer, i cant even imagine having to use melee

S

Splatter666

sooo, now i have skilled him :) took me a while but now i have finished it.

how should look a good armor for him? ( No Fac, first maybe later, on my shard there is not much)

N

NickyDishes

if you are wearing all mediable armor pieces you need 75 stealth (confirmed by me) to never fail stealthing (unless you are uncovered)

That gives you 35 pts to play with - 15 from Stealth lowering to 75, and 20 pts because you have 720 skill pts.

I would prolly go 110 tac, 100 anat, 95 healing with the 35 pts

120 ninja lets you use kirin form for endurance regen, and also to throw poisoned fukiya darts/shurriken when you are using a 1h weapon as if you had 120 weaponskill. i read (but havent confirmed) it lets you apply deadly poison even if you do not have the deadly poison skill (ie let a mule poison your stuff). you can also smoke bomb and mirror image...

How would this type of character even work anyway... jesus its hard enough to take someone down on a stealth archer, i cant even imagine having to use melee
well interesting u should say how do I catch them......i recently have dropped healing and anat for 120 resist and 120 bush for nerve strikes, then i switched my mana from 90 to 140 and my stam from 140 to 90 and i use no faster than 3s weapon all with 25 or more swing speed......i was sick of being killed by mages....once a mage sees a stealther one of two spells comes up in pvp( or at least i know i use em on my mage) paralyze and mana vampire. both these spells render me vulnerable to archery specials and multiple spell dumps(spell plague!!!!!!!!!!!!) i found myself chasing people way too much, plus now i can nerve/deathstrike 4 times in a row if i want to....or nerve/deathstrike/bleed/AI....bottom line as a stealther i found 120 resist and 120 bush much more beneficial than healing and anatomy.

D

Death Adder

To me the original temp seems lacking in defensive skills -- no Resist so spellcasters can go to town, and no Wrestle so Disarm will completely neuter its offense AND defense. You do have Ninjitsu so you have a Dismount defense which I do think is very good. I'd free up enough points for Resist, at least, (though Wrestle might be better since Disarm is even more debilitating than Mana Vamp/Para, against which you can at least defend with MR/trap-box). You could drop Anat to 61 and Tactics to 90 and Poison to 80 (soulstone it and work it back up to 80 if you don't want to lose the extra points forever) to get the points you need.

If you exclusively zerg you probably don't need all that but I'm a big believer in defense.

R

ReaperNI

the only thing poisoning is used for anymore is if you a have nice size group fight and your start laying down dp poison feilds all over the place but preety much the skill is super nerfed with pots.TYR

funkymonkey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a Dper and i can still dominate with it, just need to Carry more DP, 1 pot = 12 charges so i carry about 10 pots of DP.

Temp is...

Fencing
Heal
ant
Reiests
Ninja ( animal form and darts)
Tact
Posion.

Carry around 6 Orc brute tallys.

N

NickyDishes

To me the original temp seems lacking in defensive skills -- no Resist so spellcasters can go to town, and no Wrestle so Disarm will completely neuter its offense AND defense. You do have Ninjitsu so you have a Dismount defense which I do think is very good. I'd free up enough points for Resist, at least, (though Wrestle might be better since Disarm is even more debilitating than Mana Vamp/Para, against which you can at least defend with MR/trap-box). You could drop Anat to 61 and Tactics to 90 and Poison to 80 (soulstone it and work it back up to 80 if you don't want to lose the extra points forever) to get the points you need.

If you exclusively zerg you probably don't need all that but I'm a big believer in defense.
no poisoning period, and this template does not need anatomy or healing for the most part anyway

N

NickyDishes

I have a Dper and i can still dominate with it, just need to Carry more DP, 1 pot = 12 charges so i carry about 10 pots of DP.

Temp is...

Fencing
Heal
ant
Reiests
Ninja ( animal form and darts)
Tact
Posion.

Carry around 6 Orc brute tallys.
you do not want poisoning period........why would i waste 80 points in poisoning when i can deadly poison with darts and shurikens with 0 skill......u didnt post what ur skills were at and that template will never catch anybody on my shard to hit them.

N

NickyDishes

the only thing poisoning is used for anymore is if you a have nice size group fight and your start laying down dp poison feilds all over the place but preety much the skill is super nerfed with pots.TYR
all u guys should read this post that think poisoning is good for anything besides applying deadly poison to darts and shurikens

A

A Rev

Personally i think poisoning is a great group pvp skill. Especially when everyone knows the person runs it so the first things to go are cures then apples.

I run a nice poisoner.

120bush
120parry
120swords
120resist
60chiv
80poisoning
think GM med as well. Havent played him in a while, started on mages.

Hes factions uses the orny and a 2fc ring with the inquis. Easily hits 45hci/dci.

Works great against mystics (unless in stone form), you can remove curse faster than they can curse...while interupting. Uses a cleaver, Kat and bok for the most with 50 HLD/HLA/HF(HL on bok).

D

Death Adder

no poisoning period, and this template does not need anatomy or healing for the most part anyway
I hate temps without Healing/Anat, it's the best when numbers are against you because it's the only skill that doesn't get interrupted and one of the few that can be done on the run. And it works great at only 151 skill points (90 Healing and 61 Anatomy) so you can often squeeze it in.

I agree with you that Poisoning isn't very good considering shuriken/darts, but you really need 120 Ninjitsu to use them with any consistency.

Lefty

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is a char that I have on Sonoma I was working on. It needs flushed out some, but stacking a ton of stealth items gives a bit of elbow room.

120 Swords
120 Stealth (45 Actual Stealth) (+30 Skill on Jewels, + 20 Shadow Dancer Legs,+20 Royal Guard Investigator, + 5 Cloak)

101 Ninja Currently
100 Hiding
90 Tacts
90 Heal
84 Anat
90 Bush

funkymonkey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
120 fencing
100 tact
90 heal
90 ant
120 Reists
120 ninja
80 psn.

play this temp on Europa, Atl and chessy.

its my preferance "period".

A

A Rev

One of the most fun temps i play is

120stealth
120mace
120ninja
100hiding
100herding
100tracking
100tactics

right laugh to play! Herd some imps or such around and DS people for the final shot!

J

[JD]

well interesting u should say how do I catch them......

i recently have dropped healing and anat for 120 resist and 120 bush for nerve strikes
exactly how would you even catch someone with mild/occasional latency, synch etc... lol!! i had a hard enough time dismounting with archery. im just a noob :eek:

curious about the 120 bush, does nerve strike damage increase from 50 (minimum required for NS) if you have 120?

N

NickyDishes

exactly how would you even catch someone with mild/occasional latency, synch etc... lol!! i had a hard enough time dismounting with archery. im just a noob :eek:

curious about the 120 bush, does nerve strike damage increase from 50 (minimum required for NS) if you have 120?
yes and u have a 1 in 5 chance to land a critcal hit with lightning strike.....also your confidence hp regen is way way better. dismount with archery ha!!!!! yesterday i had a myst archer and a necro mage on me and i dismounted both of em with my club! boo yah!

N

NickyDishes

Personally i think poisoning is a great group pvp skill. Especially when everyone knows the person runs it so the first things to go are cures then apples.

I run a nice poisoner.

120bush
120parry
120swords
120resist
60chiv
80poisoning
think GM med as well. Havent played him in a while, started on mages.

Hes factions uses the orny and a 2fc ring with the inquis. Easily hits 45hci/dci.

Works great against mystics (unless in stone form), you can remove curse faster than they can curse...while interupting. Uses a cleaver, Kat and bok for the most with 50 HLD/HLA/HF(HL on bok).
4/6 chiv deathstriker omg that would be insane i would think.....with med omg u could chain deathstrikes almost.....and i know how hard it is to kill a 4/6 chiv fencer i cant imagine fighting one with ninja....hard to kill

P

picco

And what with 1v1? I prefer a good build to fight with mages usually solo. tia!