• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Good place to farm as a Mage?

Dj Fayte

Visitor
So with most of my skills being 110 ( SW, Mystic, Mage, focus, eval, and resist) Im trying to find a place to farm where my pets do not get dispelled every 5 seconds. Any suggestions?

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Get a scorpion slayer book and try Miasma. Good gold, decent chance for low level clean jewelry, arti drops, and level 6 chests.

Seems like she doesn't really dispel, so drop RC, then dump spells with WOD to finish... rinse and repeat (just be aware she respawns fast. For that encounter you won't need resist, so you might consider stoning it off so something else (med or even lockpicking come to mind). Don't forget you bag of sending ;)

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I was going to suggest Miasma too, for pretty much all the same reasons.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So with most of my skills being 110 ( SW, Mystic, Mage, focus, eval, and resist) Im trying to find a place to farm where my pets do not get dispelled every 5 seconds. Any suggestions?
How are you controlling pets with all those skills listed?

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Bring up Mystic and Focus to 120 each (or get jewels to augment them), and make sure to cast Arcane Empowerment from your Spellweaving book before tossing up your RC. It will make the RC more difficult to dispel and increase amount of hit points.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Any spellcaster mastery will also make them harder to dispel.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
And when we've had enough of Miasma?

I play for 30 minutes at random times, so it's difficult to get a group. Lately I've been doing fan dancers and tsuiki wolves, but I'm interested in more locations.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And when we've had enough of Miasma?

I play for 30 minutes at random times, so it's difficult to get a group. Lately I've been doing fan dancers and tsuiki wolves, but I'm interested in more locations.
I guess it depends on what you're after and how much time you want to put in.

Most of the abyss mini-champs can be soloed by a mystic Mage, particularly those with a slayer that can be found on a spellbook. Use the RC to tank and dump and run.

The myrmidex pit can be maganged by a mystic Mage with the right tactics. Decent gold loot and crystal shards. Lure the fighters you are fighting with into the battle and use them as tanks. Make sure you get some damage in on as many of the opposing side as you can to advance the spawn, using WOD to finish them off.