• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Good Bye Ultima.

• Thread starter Blade_Thugluv
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
B

Blade_Thugluv

Im calling it quits and this time i believe it is for the final time. I am tired of the trash talking and im tired of cheats and exploits.

I got hit with the insurance bug today at the fel yew gate and lost my whole suit. A*M refused to give it back because i have had words with one of their members in the past. I dont have enough to to even earn the points to get another suit or a ring and brac set before the turn in ends.

I had more then enough money to insure the suit in my bank. Had over 1mil and nothing but gold and checks in the bank. I am gonna sell my accounts and items off but after this its the final straw for me i am done.

I have never in my whole PvP days ever kept someones suit that dropped and i have returned 3 suits to A*M members.

good bye. i will be on the WoW forums.

~Blade

V

Vahne

Sorry to hear you go. It's sad that EA doesn't provide the dev team with a decent budget for significant bug/exploit fixing. IMO i wish they had spent half the time and effort on fixing the damn game 2d client then wasting over a year on kingdom regurgitated aka uo3d 2.0. thanks to that mess we haven't had an expansion in years, as opposed to having one almost annually up to that point.

A

Azazel of LA

Im calling it quits and this time i believe it is for the final time. I am tired of the trash talking and im tired of cheats and exploits.

I got hit with the insurance bug today at the fel yew gate and lost my whole suit. A*M refused to give it back because i have had words with one of their members in the past. I dont have enough to to even earn the points to get another suit or a ring and brac set before the turn in ends.

I had more then enough money to insure the suit in my bank. Had over 1mil and nothing but gold and checks in the bank. I am gonna sell my accounts and items off but after this its the final straw for me i am done.

I have never in my whole PvP days ever kept someones suit that dropped and i have returned 3 suits to A*M members.

good bye. i will be on the WoW forums.

~Blade
Just do yourself a favor , dont go giving everything away and dont get rid of your house. Let your account go down for a lil while , take some time away from UO and let it pass. Everyone gets pissed when some jerk has to cheat/exploit and ruin your fun. But over time it passes and you remember why we all come back .... there is NO game out there like UO. Ive played other games and will continue to do so , but I always find myself back in UO. My point is just dont do anything you might regret when you cool down from being screwed over by a cheating punk.

S

S.W.A.T

Well Blade, first off, I tried to tell you to insure but you refused my party request, secondly I like how you accuse my guildmates of Exploits, the char you used was a new char, next time please make sure your auto-renew insureance is on as im 100% sure that was what happened (If it was an Exlpoit your crimmy and boots would have fell to). I just think it's silly you'd accuse the one who did loot your stuff of exploiting as you two were great friends before he came to A*M not to mention he's still a kid. Also, listen to Az's suggestion keep all your stuff incase you do come back (they always do), I myself have quit a few times and regreat giving all that I had away.

S

S.W.A.T

Gah, because I felt mean in that comment haha
I'll give you that sash and I'll give you my only pair of that jewel set, but you have to promise to stay =]

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with the above suggestions, let some time pass and dont savage your account.

I had a ... lot of ... things before I left UO, on Sonoma (Secondary shard) and Great Lakes (Primary Shard). I had great characters, tons of resources, tons of gold etc. If I had those two accounts now (and had the houses stayed) I would be setting extremely well off, but as it is now, no amount of effort, gold or real life currency will let me use a non regular dye tub, let me mount any ethereal mount etc.

Yeah it sucks what happened, but who knows what may happen over the next 24 to 48 hours. It is a test/measurement of peoples understanding of when an event has transcended ... its just a game to be something that has / is affecting the individual behind the screen.

One would hope in situations like that, that one would try to de-escalate the incident to a level that would be consistent with ... Its just a game.

I am a living testimony to the construct Final Time, is a ... rather illusive understanding.

D

Desolation87

Blade that really sucks man. You know you can have whatever you want from me to get you up and going again.

Wow @ A*M. Lol, when there was talk of 62 and all the other little crappy guilds joining and becoming one guild to beat VaMp, they said they would let the shard own the spawns not a guild and they wouldn't be like VaMp. Wow, what a difference a couple weeks make.

Funny how now VaMp will return suits and items if asked and do the decent thing. Yet A*M want to be the new jackasses of LA. Well congrats A*M you've made it!

W

Wraith One

I am very sorry to hear that this has happened to you. I myself don't like the fact that these bugs have gone unattended for so long. I have never run into this particular bug in pvm. I do feel that you are jumping the gun on this problem and not giving yourself time to think things through. You will be sorely missed if you really do decide to leave.

S

S.W.A.T

Thank you for that perfect example Blackjack, unfortunatly there was never such talk about running vamp out so all can do spawns, multiple guilds were invited to help the fel cause, and yes KOL was one of them, but they refused, and there refusal caused no alliance between the A*M alliance and KOL which I just don't understand what some of them don't understand about it. I was told it's because the guildleaders are worried that we'd take over KOL if they did help the alliance, which well I didn't agree with but now the kol that did want to help left kol to help, which makes the ones still in KOL mad, but if they just agreed there wouldn't of been that problem, so there loss. Also, I really disagree with A*M being the *******s of Lake Austin, as theres the really arogant people in every guild, as I know some VaMp and some A*M will keep suits while others will give it back, just depends on who looted what. Some VaMp returned stuff I've lost while others didn't but I didn't quit over it and accused VaMp of exploiting, and I had insureance in my bank and auto re-new on, but this stuff happens on quite a few shards, even to the ones that pvm.

B

Blade_Thugluv

in all my time of playing uo i have never lost a suit in pvp other then now. Yes i was on a new char. no i didnt forget to set auto renew as i had died a number of times at the gate before that and the suit didnt drop. Yes the person and i were friends at one point. no i didnt end the friendship or even have beef with him till today when all that happened. And to be Honest it is really messed up that a person i have helped out alot in the past and who once called me a friend would keep a suit of mine that dropped reguardless if it was a game bug, an exploit he used, or i didnt insure my stuff. I have returned a number of A&&M's things and i dont like them all that much. I know my auto renew was on and i know the stuff was insured cuz like i said i died a number of times today.

I was told i was not getting my suit back because:

1: im in KOL and not VaMp other wise they would of given me the suit back but they hate KOL and wont return anything to KOL

2: I was talking trash to and about one of the members in their guild who they are friends with.

Its kinda funny how the A&&M does this even though KOL and A&&M are enemys yet a KOL was helpping A&&M members beef up their suits just 4 or 5 minutes before all this.

Honestly I dont care at this point what happens or who is in the wrong or even how the suit dropped and how i lost:

Nova ring and brac set
Member of the Royal Brit Guard Sash
Arcane Shield
S-suit from the turn ins
totem of the void
and my crim which was BLESSED!
i lost my whole suit - the crimson the first time and then when A&&M 3 man ganked me while i was naked basiclly on my knees begging for my suit back i ended up losing a blessed crimson. so did i forget to insure a blessed item to? or how about setting autorenew bless?

what it comes down to is this.... If the people who looted me dont have the honor to return the stuff im gone so its a win win to them. I honestly dont want to play a game that has no honor left in it. Yea i could talk to his mom since she is in our guild and ask her to get it back for me and she would prob force him to return the items but i dont want to take that route. I could except hand outs from people offering their items to replace mine but its not their job and it makes me feel bad. No i dont have the time to replace the stuff myself. I want the person to replace the items because its the honorable thing to do and because they know i would do it if it happened to them reguardless of feelings toward each other.

I just dont care and am still really really upset over all of it. I do everything i can to help people who ask for it and i dont deserve this.

~Blade

S

S.W.A.T

Well, you don't have to be rude about it, I offered you what I have out of what you lost you didn;t want it due to "honor" so I did what I could, the chances of you getting your suit back are very slim, but I did find out red didn't loot your sash a different person got it, and I made them give it back, your friend Seven.qOp has it.

B

Blade_Thugluv

sorry i was not trying to come off as rude. thanks for getting the sash back for me. still thinking if i should stay or go. I worked hard to get what i had. I missed over 50% of the event so i didnt have as much as alot of people did for the turn ins. When 900k points are lost that fast and i got less then 2 weeks to try and get them back its hard not to be upset or want to stay. I dont have much time to play uo as it is due to working full time over nights, doing an internship in the day, and college. its not easy to get 900k points at this point and i dont have the gold to go buy another crimson, totem of void, and arcane shield. And honestly it would take me months to come close to replacing just those peices since i dont play much and as it is im over 20mil in the hole.

I know you offered me your only jewel set you got and i wasnt trying to be rude about not taking it i was trying to be nice. I mean i feel bad taking things for free. Even more so when i know its the persons only one. It just puts me in a spot cuz i cant afford to pay for it and my pride wont let me take it for free.

Pride is a killer.

~Blade

E

Evilminion

Hey, Blade!

When I was chatting with you and your lady via ICQ today, I didn't get the whole story, or I'd have been hassling you then about your decision to quit. Please, don't let one nasty experience ruin the game for you; there are lots of folks out here who'd like to see you stay, and who'll be happy to help make up for the frustration and annoyance.

If you end up deciding to stick around, please let me know. I have an all-70s, 100% LRC suit that I'm not using -- since you find it difficult to accept prezzies, I'll be happy to call it an indefinite loan. :D

D

Desolation87

I can't believe what I'm reading! Red took it? NO WAY! The time when VaMp took his mums suit he was trying everything to get it back. In the end I kitted her out with exact replacements incl artys. I've done this repeatedly. Oh I hope I see him in game.

Zack you were in KOL when we allied with 62 and Co. You know they are bunch of PKers and whiners. You know how many people left KOL while allied with them. That was the one and only reason why we don't/won't have an alliance with anyone. Simple as that, BTW you may want to hear what Rane has to say about KOL people who have joined A*M (incl you) he isn't a very nice person.

Z

Zoran

Being my first post- I will try to make this brief...

First of all, I remember the first time I lost items I had thought that I'd insured. In my case- it was totally my fault. I had no expectation of the items being returned and made no attempt to get them back. Then, to my suprise, a Vamp returned to item to me- informed me that he had "insured it for me" and let me know I should be more careful. As time went on I realized that it was considered proper etiquitte to return such items. When I did finally get the chance to repay the favor (after finding a VERY nice piece of jewelry on a Vamp that had raided our spawn) I was quick to track him down and return his item. Simple courtesy. It makes the game funner for all.

It is a bit of a shocker that in this case the offender is a former KOL member. A member that many of us still considered our friend. Playing PvP and the Yew gate and spawns is one thing, but most mature players don't take much of the animosity that serious.

Hearing that this individual would say such things, and treat a former friend as such is APPALING.. S.W.A.T. did bring up a good point regarding the players age and maturity level. As grown-ups, we realize that a few pixels of gain is in no way worth showing our peers a serious charactor flaw. Yes, the suit was worth alot- but was it worth looking like a creep to people who considered you their friends? People who your family members are STILL friends with? As adults- we realize that this is a game, and friendship and our personal honor is more important than UO items ever could be. Perhaps in time, so will this person.

In truth- Blade has lost less in this than Red. While Blade has lost something he did work very hard for- spending many a tedious hour collecting turn in points, he is still known as a man of integrity and Honor. While members in KOL - VaMp- and even some a&m have voiced their opinion that the other involved has disgraced himself.

Lastly; One last thing we adults realize? That UO needs all the players it can get if we are to keep this game alive. If not for your own morals- another reason to be courteous to other players is to keep them intrested in this game. If Blade should go- we dont lose one player; We lose several accounts paying into this game. One less reason for Origin to keep this game alive. So in the end- losing a player? No ones a winner.

Im sorry I said I'd keep this brief... I lied... Forgive spelling issues-its late/im tired/and me no speaky the english good... Peace y'all...

Zoran.....Out!

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know you offered me your only jewel set you got and i wasnt trying to be rude about not taking it i was trying to be nice. I mean i feel bad taking things for free. Even more so when i know its the persons only one. It just puts me in a spot cuz i cant afford to pay for it and my pride wont let me take it for free.

Pride is a killer.

~Blade
In truth- Blade has lost less in this than Red. While Blade has lost something he did work very hard for- spending many a tedious hour collecting turn in points, he is still known as a man of integrity and Honor. While members in KOL - VaMp- and even some a&m have voiced their opinion that the other involved has disgraced himself.
Look back into communities, when a person/family had a tragedy, such as a fire etc, the community would come and help. It isn't like the individual would have the money to get back on their feet right away (yeah there are always exceptions).

It is more than a game, when it is about community, regardless of your current perception, you are a part of the community.

In terms of the turn in points, I do believe I have 3 of those tickets from Mel's. That kind of thing is not really my play style. They can either sit moldering in some box/bag or they can help some one back on their feet.

I would prefer to keep the streets of our community well lighted, to lose one reduces just how brightly our community shines.

I feel confident there are many that will help some one get back on their feet, I know they helped me get on my feet here.

B

Blade_Thugluv

I willl stay, Just gonna stalk him at the yew gate and peace his pets when i do pvp.

~Blade

T

Tycolby

Whew Thx Blade I didnt want to have to Post another Welcome Back In a few months anyway!!!!!!:thumbsup:

hehe

A

Azazel of LA

I willl stay, Just gonna stalk him at the yew gate and peace his pets when i do pvp.

~Blade
Im glad to hear your staying , LA cant afford to lose any more players. I like being a small shard , but to much smaller and we will be dead!

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Glad to hear your staying and if you want those things from Mel's place let me know.

I cant offer to much else unless you could use a Boomstick :) I think I have 10 or so :(

K

killer instinct

I am glad you are staying.I have had my stuff taken before too.It was all my fault too.I asked for it back but never got it back.I was greeted by a guildmate of the killer and that person was upset over their guildies action.I am really blessed knowing that all guilds here have good ppl.Just a few rotten eggs here.Plz don't let a choice few ruin your fun.

K

killer instinct

Also I have all kinds of tickets if you need them.Or are they still turn inable lol.They will just rot in a chest.I will never use them

B

Blade_Thugluv

Also I have all kinds of tickets if you need them.Or are they still turn inable lol.They will just rot in a chest.I will never use them
let me get some gold together or at least try lol and i will by them off you.

~Blade

S

S.W.A.T

Ha Blackjack! Now you have me curious what has Rane said about us?

B

Blade_Thugluv

Red Roaster Gave the Suit Back to me today. Seven in our guild has my sash and i have to get it from him when he gets on. Red and i had a chat while ghosts. so all is good everything is square. I still dont know where my crimson is but his sister says he didnt have it and i believe her so someone got lucky but im just happy to have my suit and stuff back.

Red Roaster Thanks and if you need anything let me know. Maybe one day i can return your suit if it drops. may the fates be good to you.

Also people who were kind and gave me points if you want them back i am more then willing to return the stuff as i havent turned it in yet so just let me know.

~Blade

Z

Zoran

Glad to hear that all worked out in the end. Still sad to hear about the Crimson, but I guess it beats losing faith in a player you saw as your friend.
And Red;
You have gained some Karma.

Peace out y'all
~Zoran

D

Desolation87

Yay - one returned suit = one more point to the LA-is-way-better-than-the-other-shards scoresheet.

Zack, thats between you and Rane ask him the real reason why Merc was made, and don't take any crap untill he tells you the truth. He will lie. No doubt. But don't let him BS you.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:)

And community prevails again.

In my opinion, it is less about the items I lose and more about the respect for others I lose or gain.

I am glad you got back the most valuable loss in this .... event.