• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Good bye all of you fine folks

B

Bullet

Due to the way Uo has decided to treat their customers I have decided to leave this fine or used to be fine world. It used to be such a great place to spend time and enjoy the company of friends but me and the way the gods that run this world now strongly disagree. The hard part is not all that i own here its the loss of time with I may lose with those i have enjoyed the last 10 years with.( ok im 4 monthes short of 10 years*sigh*) It just seems they no longer care about us the customers and are intent on treating us different depending on which country we live in.(ie asian shards get special treatment). Actually i almost consider this discrimination for does not our money pay for their developement too? or maybe its the 2 hour wait in line for a gm to fix a bug that should never have happened. I waited 2 hours recently for a gm due to a bear rug that fell through my foundation of my house and no it was nowhere near my house. The gm put it in a bag and handed it to me. in the bag it was in many pieces and i double clicked on one to place it again but it all disappered. They just have lost all controll of their and our game, if its hackers, speedhackers, scripters, or any cheat they just cant control it. So as I slowly close my accounts I wish you all well and hope you find a way to cope with this game for i no longer can! FSB i shall miss you and the alliance for many years to come!

L

Lord Urza

I agree with alot of what you have said here, i def feel like the customer care and service has been on a decline since as long as i can remember at least the 4 years I can personally speak of, customer service in uo was really good back around renissance.
I agree with you on the asian shards.
And if you can get a GM to come assist you in 2 hours...........your doing alot better then I am, i know i know i know iv sat 3 hours and still logged off because it takes one of them longer to assist you, then i most often play straight.

Best of wishes to you , and what would a goodbye thread with without
"CAN I HAVE UR STUFF" hehehe

B

Bullet

I agree with alot of what you have said here, i def feel like the customer care and service has been on a decline since as long as i can remember at least the 4 years I can personally speak of, customer service in uo was really good back around renissance.
I agree with you on the asian shards.
And if you can get a GM to come assist you in 2 hours...........your doing alot better then I am, i know i know i know iv sat 3 hours and still logged off because it takes one of them longer to assist you, then i most often play straight.

Best of wishes to you , and what would a goodbye thread with without
"CAN I HAVE UR STUFF" hehehe
being the first to ask are you on legands shard? you have the pick first pick of one item!

D

Deadly Shadow

Due to the way Uo has decided to treat their customers I have decided to leave this fine or used to be fine world. It used to be such a great place to spend time and enjoy the company of friends but me and the way the gods that run this world now strongly disagree. The hard part is not all that i own here its the loss of time with I may lose with those i have enjoyed the last 10 years with.( ok im 4 monthes short of 10 years*sigh*) It just seems they no longer care about us the customers and are intent on treating us different depending on which country we live in.(ie asian shards get special treatment). Actually i almost consider this discrimination for does not our money pay for their developement too? or maybe its the 2 hour wait in line for a gm to fix a bug that should never have happened. I waited 2 hours recently for a gm due to a bear rug that fell through my foundation of my house and no it was nowhere near my house. The gm put it in a bag and handed it to me. in the bag it was in many pieces and i double clicked on one to place it again but it all disappered. They just have lost all controll of their and our game, if its hackers, speedhackers, scripters, or any cheat they just cant control it. So as I slowly close my accounts I wish you all well and hope you find a way to cope with this game for i no longer can! FSB i shall miss you and the alliance for many years to come!
Bullet will sure miss you. And no i am not going to ask if i can have your stuff. Enjoy your life. Will miss you at the auctions

Blesh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bullet,

I dont believe we have ever met, however I feel your pain. I want so much for UO to do well, and to submit new content and be successfull. I loved my two years playing. I really did. I stopped playing UO for the very same reasons you are. poor customer service. Poor expansion and event planning. Poor scripter control. Poor economy control. The list goes on. It would take a small miracle to get me to play agian.

Should your gamer itch send you to a diff game, and that game turns out to be world of warcraft, I've found them to be satisfactory in nearly all the aspects UO failed me. I play azjol-nerub. Player name Arkessa. Drop a line. I'll get you started on the right foot.

Take care and be safe,

Blesh-

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
post disallowed :sad3:

just got you back, Bullet, no way I'm lettin' you go without a fight

EA/Mythic has not shown us, lately, any improvement in customer support, and the GMs, YES!, are sorely lacking in the skills of previous GMs (yours is the second report I've seen of an item being lost to the 'helpful hand' of one) and for me, it would have to be something I could possibly get banned for to make me put in a page for help anymore

game content is moving at a snail's pace and that is frustrating... Inu still hops around Moonglow and I have no idea anymore where the heck Ricardo is and if the whole council was murdered at Lord British's castle who the heck is running the show?? they could do so much more to keep our interest..... BNN articles only appear at the start of an event where little stories, that tie in with past or forthcoming events, could be published at all times...... and not many players do it anymore, but player run events could be held to coincide with what is happening in the articles

scriptors, hackers, cheats.... I have no answer for that.. we all know that paging does not show us any results, well, none that we are witness to, anyway, but I am ever hopeful that EA/Mythic does check on what we report and that accounts are banned, tho I know that another account will take it's place.... the burning houses were cute and all, but it sure would be nice to see a bolt of lightning strike the person recalling to the same spot hour after hour, day after day

but Bullet, all of the above aside... there is still so much that is so very right with our world.. that we have grown past fearing an ettin or cringing at the sight of an ogre lord is not the fault of the game, but of our growth... for many of us (not me, of course, mongbats still make me run sometimes) the challenge of even the toughest Mondain's Legacy dungeons is wearing thin, and I understand that it can be boring, if you limit yourself to that

one of the things that pulled me into this game was the vast amount of materials on hand to simply pretend.... big people call it 'roleplaying', I prefer the word pretend... and yes, it may be that I'm just easier to please, less demanding, or even simple-minded, but the fact that I can pick cotton or wheat, that I can spin the cotton into threads and make cloth, that I can use an axe (!) on a sheep and shear it, that I can kill a cow and collect it's hides.... and dang, that's just the really simple stuff... the world is rich with landscaping and towns and animals all just waiting for someone to come along and play with them, to pretend to be a part of that world

and I won't even go into all the deco stuff!!!

take a break, Bullet, kay? just a break, and I'll give you a holler when the neat stuff starts happening so you don't miss it

N

NewThunder

It is very frustrating. They can't even make a simple announcement of the 11th anv items, even though the EA japan site has already done so. I do think they will improve the game but it seem to take forever. I would suggest simply taking a break. perhaps check back in in January.

MageCruella

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*links arms with Dev*
Bullet your alliance stands before you, please reconsider.
This is a huge danger to my sobriety.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Saw your late post from last night Bullet, on UHall it got moved. NO one understands this latest fiasco isnt your reason for leaving, its just "another brick in the wall".
Everyone has their limits...

If you seriously do this, bank it all, just in case there is hope for the future.

And in the cool of day, after the heat of the moment, rethink it please. I was quitting too, if ya remember ;) , but found a home not created by UO nor Mythic, they honestly could care less, but with this group. You'll not find a better group in UO, (no offense to the buds on atlantic :p) Dev, Cru, Ghosty, Nog, Synclaire, DJ, you, and a whole host of peeps I havent named (so ya'll dont get ya panties in a wad, okay).

Besides, I can't quit till I can spell Noginrocker correctly :)

If we can't talk ya into staying, at least bank it all, drop the houses and bank the gps from em, and stay in touch. You have the vent info, and PMs here on stratics (till I get banned anyway :p) Perhaps someday soon it will turn around and get better for all of us, with real events and happenings that are completed and not left dangling for years.

Anyway, after much rambling (lack of coffee and concentration) If ya can't stay for the fun, ya gotta stay for Cru! ;)

D

Danse

*Tears slide down her cheeks* Shh Bullet *holds out her hand...*come and visit before ye leave forever.

Please, I know the gods of our realm are fickle and care not one whit for our selves, but ye are already missed by myself and others.

Tis no fault of ours that these upstart Lord lings choose to make our small times in the realm a miserable existence.

Where is the honor, they do not seem to hold this in esteem. Where can we turn to get the justice due us.

It is so heartbreaking, to see others that take advantage of the god lings...by using all sorts of magical trickery and magical spells that are untried and maybe unsafe. To See some landowner getting richer by use of trickery...shame...shame.

Are our godlings senile old men, and like my father too set in their ways to see the truth. They fret over the small things and over their cups of ale, mumble that we, their vassals, are unkind and undeserving of their attention.

Is it this..or is something more sinister afoot...have the gods themselves been invaded by those who wish our realm wrongs. I fear the worse...Do not, little godlings, forsake us. please hear out pleas and return this realm to it once marvelous glory!

To many of us these realms are the last bulwark against that eerie place known as the real world. That place is full of hate and murder, it is an extremely scary place. Please do not force us there permanently. *Falls upon her knees and Begs*

I have lost real life friends whom I have met through the Gates of UO, some of the souls are no long with using any plain....to me this place this UO is a tribute to them. They Loved it...they fought for it, they played it with a gusto that would make the stones smile.....let remember them...So Lord Dev's please remember us. Repair what need fixing. Remove that which is beyond repare..Some of you may be tired, and in need of a rest. but, then awake freshed and put some energy in to the 'Old Lady' UO is not dead...she is just dozing.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
OMG!

If I ever do quit, Ima get Danse to write my letter of resignation!!!
;)

D

Danse

The Answer to that, dear Uriah...is never to leave...I am still wiping tears from my eyes...

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*passes raggedy yet clean cloth to Danse*
Don't think he's gone yet...so we gotta work on him and change his mind.

*continues to practice the Jedi mind tricks*

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Altho, the timing of this stoopid login server down ****, gah!!!!!!

I understand frustration :rant2:

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow ... this thread went all epic and poetic while I was trying to decide whether to post in it or not :)

Lord Cuda

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fare Thee well Good Sir!! If they let you leave *winks*

And if Cru is sober who will feed the barkeeps children if they have no gold for food? :sad3:

B

Bullet

I greatly appreciate all that has been said in this thread. It hurts to want to leave this world and it hurts to stay. At this point I have removed my CC info and my accounts will fade. Keep in mind I still have many monthes left on those accounts and maybe something will change but im sure it wont be the treatment of EA/Mythic to their customers. I honestly thought over the last few years they were still working on SA. Stupid me. I honestly thought the original idea of reviveing the crafter was on the boards! Stupid me. Now as I understand it you will have to fight boses to remain a crafter??? My hopes are dwindling and it will be hard to come back from the edge and not jump off.

Erekose

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Leaving AGAIN??? Grrrr. We'll talk offline. After 20+ years I find you again and now you're going! Unacceptable.

For those who don't know, Bullet and I are old RL friends who lost touch for a long time. We've probably logged a thousand hours of D&D and other games.

At least we have some time to work on you so you change your mind :p

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
he's hopelessly outnumbered, Erekose, we have him surrounded

then again, knowing Bullet, that won't mean a damn thing ;)

but I'll go down swingin'!

B

Bullet

Well, as you all know i love crafting. New info has informed me I will be required to fight bosses and other creatures to use the new imbuing system. This is bad news for crafters and really hurts. Why cant a crafter playstyle rely on crafting and not FIGHTING!

T

Tovladian Soltyr

Well, as you all know i love crafting. New info has informed me I will be required to fight bosses and other creatures to use the new imbuing system. This is bad news for crafters and really hurts. Why cant a crafter playstyle rely on crafting and not FIGHTING!
Well I think their primary goal, even though there is so much solo-ability in the game is to create a community. Having the Crafters rely on the adventures for ingredients and the adventures needing the crafters for the items. It's also why they make creatures that take more then 1 person to kill, they want to promote people working together. For some people that are anti social yes that hurts but to those anti social ones, why are you playing a game that has other people in it when there are so many better games out there that are fantasy based? I play UO more for the community then the graphics, content, and live events. If I wanted all that stuff minus the "Live" events I would be at my PS1 kick'n out another round of Legend of the Dragoon or at my PS2 playing the Dot Hack collection :p.

B

Bullet

Remember the old days when GM armour and weapons allowed a Smith to make a meager but honest living? My smith can no longer do so and i miss that badly. We all had our little niche in the game and my niche was taken away. I then moved to potions to make a living but LOL that just dosnt feed a crafter not to mention his kids. When a fighter can go and make 500k an hour getting 1 special item and a crafter cant even sell GM armour there is an imbalance.

Erekose

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just a note Bullet. Crafters who carve ivory don't do the elephant hunting either...or didn't when it was legal to do so.

L

Lord Urza

I too can remember when a full GM valorite plate suit was like the bomb cakes, and you couldnt hardly find one on a vendor, and had to save to get one.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the first house was on the road outside of Minoc just up from Fate vendors... I would walk down there and look at all the armor and want so badly a full valorite suit, but the most I could ever afford was bronze.. saving for the valorite was near impossible, cause the suits would wear down and I'd have to replace pieces

and then when I finally had a full suit of valorite I was terrified to wear it

yeah, miss those days

Lord Cuda

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I think their primary goal, even though there is so much solo-ability in the game is to create a community. Having the Crafters rely on the adventures for ingredients and the adventures needing the crafters for the items. It's also why they make creatures that take more then 1 person to kill, they want to promote people working together. For some people that are anti social yes that hurts but to those anti social ones, why are you playing a game that has other people in it when there are so many better games out there that are fantasy based? I play UO more for the community then the graphics, content, and live events. If I wanted all that stuff minus the "Live" events I would be at my PS1 kick'n out another round of Legend of the Dragoon or at my PS2 playing the Dot Hack collection :p.
I can be anti-social if I want to you silly elf! :mf_prop: But I much prefer being abby normal! :lol: Let's see who remember's what movie abby normal was from and who was the actor that said it! Thinking cap time boys and girls :gee:

T

Tovladian Soltyr

Oh please that's like one of the first movies my father ever had me view as a child and I thought it was funny as heck. That would be from Young Frankenstein, can't remember the actors name right off hand but it was first said by Igor then re-quoted by Gene Wilder.

Gene Wilder and Richard Pryor were the first kings of comedy!!!

*EDIT mispelled Pryor's name, can never remember if it's a Y or I lol.

Lord Cuda

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Marty Feldman my young padiwan. The guy was comic genius and even had his own tv show. Now you don't get a gold star but you have moved to the head of the class.

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Remember when there was a line at the Britain smithy where GM smiths would repair you armor for free - but everyone would always tip at least 500 gp (quite a respectable sum back then!)

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Remember when there was a line at the Britain smithy where GM smiths would repair you armor for free - but everyone would always tip at least 500 gp (quite a respectable sum back then!)
Yup, and you didnt have to worry about them running off with it either!

I remember if you pvpd with a vanq wep you were hella rich. Back in those days that was like the Crimson or Ornament.

those were the days.

But I have quit UO as well. Again. That was a month ago anyways...Maybe something will change. I hope so. But it seems this game is fading fast.