• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Gonna try a new temp, please critique

Bardie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just for sheets and giggles gonna try out this, what you guys think?

120 Fencing
100 Tact
100 Anat
100 Hiding
90 Healing
85 Ninja
85 Stealth
80 Poisoning

So gonna be kinda item dependent w/skills (yay i get to find jewels)

T

Turdnugget

What weapons do you plan on using?

I've thought about a similar template, but more item/potion dependent.

Bushido/ninja/stealth/hiding/wep skill/tacs/hiding

Need a weapon for dismount. Switch to bokuto (nerve strike) Deathstrike + throw poisoned dart/star. They start to run, take 30+ damage and are poisoned, hopefully get off another NS...

You can get away w/out having poison skill by using darts/stars. They don't DP every time... but you dont have to spend 80 points in another skill, raising ninja would help w/success rate and casting forms + higher DS damage (i believe)

Bushido you also get confidence. Get a some decent EP and just utilized smoke bombs when you don't succeed in killing someone right away. Kind of like a quick assassin. If it doesn't work, hide in the shadows then try again.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I pretty much agree with Turdnugget. I like poisoning as a skill, but it is just not worth it any more. With the advent of ecru rings, it pretty much nullifies the whole skill.

I would pick up a skill that would compliment your stealth template, or fill in the points by having chivalry. You could then have a lot less chivalry than your poisoning skill, and boost your other skills with the spare points. Additionally, another method of healing, combined with remove curse. Nice when in a jam and then that cuts down on being so item dependent.

Bardie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was thinking along the lines of...sneak up (bola if needed), disarm (fork), DP kryss (guess i could go with darts if drop poison) guess i should wait to see what they do about pot nerfs. then back to fork for bleed, and then chase ha...this is y i ask, so i don't have to think so hard. Thanks guys!

T

Turdnugget

You don't want to have to bola... a bola is nice since it's ranged...but the crappy part is you're disarmed when it happens. Your cycle of weapons can get messed up.

What i'm doing with my faction stealther is this...

Ninja/stealth/hiding/healing/anatomy/macing/tactics.

Tactics: Club for dismount + it has Shadow Strike (hit your opponent and it hides you) Back up weapon, Mace: Disarm + concussion blow. Dismount your opponent, disarm them, hit them with a DP dart, DS them + concussion, they run = mad damage. This way you don't have to deal with a bola disarming you.

You could use a lance or a pitchfork since you've got fencing. Or a UWBS club/bladed staff/axe.

Poison takes up skill you could use elsewhere. You can get the same effect with darts/stars, although it doesn't poison everytime like the Infectious Strike does. But lots of ppl carry potions these days anyways. Plus you can throw stars at a distance =)

Chivalry is nice... but then you need FC otherwise you'll get interrupted and die.

With this kind of template you want to be fast to kill, fast to hide. You don't want to be out in the open long (unless you've got good EP + DCI + you have healing/anat)

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The problem with poison and a stealther is that once the person is poisoned your unable to hit a smoke bomb and stealth away if you get in trouble because everytime they take damage it will reveal your char. Also with just 85 ninjitsu your going to fail getting into the higher forms which isn't good if you need to run in a hurry, in addition some ninjitsu specials such as regen rates in dog form and poison from darts/stars is tied how high you have ninjitsu, death strikes is tied to ninjitsu and stealth, and there are some others as well.

L

Larry

You don't want to have to bola... a bola is nice since it's ranged...but the crappy part is you're disarmed when it happens. Your cycle of weapons can get messed up.

What i'm doing with my faction stealther is this...

Ninja/stealth/hiding/healing/anatomy/macing/tactics.

Tactics: Club for dismount + it has Shadow Strike (hit your opponent and it hides you) Back up weapon, Mace: Disarm + concussion blow. Dismount your opponent, disarm them, hit them with a DP dart, DS them + concussion, they run = mad damage. This way you don't have to deal with a bola disarming you.

You could use a lance or a pitchfork since you've got fencing. Or a UWBS club/bladed staff/axe.

Poison takes up skill you could use elsewhere. You can get the same effect with darts/stars, although it doesn't poison everytime like the Infectious Strike does. But lots of ppl carry potions these days anyways. Plus you can throw stars at a distance =)

Chivalry is nice... but then you need FC otherwise you'll get interrupted and die.

With this kind of template you want to be fast to kill, fast to hide. You don't want to be out in the open long (unless you've got good EP + DCI + you have healing/anat)
I love this idea.

My only thing is I can't stand playing without resist. Para, mana drain, ... the list goes on and on of the ways casters utterly dominate without resist.

I haven't really tried apples. Do those remove pretty much anything? Do they have a timer? I suppose they are the only way to go w/o resist.

Would this be viable?

120 weap
90 anat
90 heal
90 tactics
65 stealth (+20 to 85 with shadow dance legs)
100 hiding
100 ninja
65 resist

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love this idea.

My only thing is I can't stand playing without resist. Para, mana drain, ... the list goes on and on of the ways casters utterly dominate without resist.

I haven't really tried apples. Do those remove pretty much anything? Do they have a timer? I suppose they are the only way to go w/o resist.

Would this be viable?

120 weap
90 anat
90 heal
90 tactics
65 stealth (+20 to 85 with shadow dance legs)
100 hiding
100 ninja
65 resist
Apples for remove curse (been a while since I used them but thats what they used to be for), trapped box for paralyze, potions for everything else.

Are you PvP'ing or PvM with this template? PvM 65 resist is well...meh. You can break paralyze every now and again and you can resist getting poisoned a little more frequently. I suppose if you used the bracer and whatever other items you have, you could get around 80 to 100 resist...which is okay.

Seeing really how this is a stealth character, I would drop the idea of resist...depends on what you like fighting though I suppose.

In terms of PvP, 65 resist really isn't going to do a whole heck of a lot. I pretty much advocate all resist or no resist for PvP. Even having 115, you can get paralyzed long enough that a couple of mages can rock you.