• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Golden Clothes?

S

Shayne

I know they've been around for a while, but what is the exact way you get to make these? I know you have to cut something up, but what, and how do you get it? I know a lot of them out there are duped but I want to know how to do it legitimately.

A

~Antzy~Pantz~

Not sure if you can still do it or not but it was from the brit guard sashes.. you could cut them up!

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How golden? There are some pretty bright shades of tailor BOD reward cloth (small chance from an exceptional small barbed BOD for example).

Oh - and there was the Japanese slime-dye event that put a lot of AoS cloth on the market.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
There's also a few bugged Leather Dye Tubs floating around that only die Cloth...but in the Leather Dye Tub colors.....

S

sapphirediablo11

I believe he is referring to uropa Gold cloth items :O

S

Simon Francis

I know they've been around for a while, but what is the exact way you get to make these? I know you have to cut something up, but what, and how do you get it? I know a lot of them out there are duped but I want to know how to do it legitimately.
Real ones came from cut up europa golden guard sashes. You have not been able to cut up the real gold guard sashes for a long time, and only unblessed ones could be cut up.

First of all, only real ones say exceptional. 99.9% of all Europa gold clothes are from apperance dupes.

There was a bug recently with an item released by the devs who never test things fully in which you could again create real europa gold cloth, so if you know the right people it is more abundant. This is also how real (exceptional) glacial clothes came into existance as well.

The bug no longer works.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There's also a few bugged Leather Dye Tubs floating around that only die Cloth...but in the Leather Dye Tub colors.....
Hmmm, well that explains why one of my leather tubs doesn't dye leather but only cloth, lol.

Phaen Grey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would be nice to get a colour update in UO, hell a clothing update to add something new. I know bugs and balance are what the resources need to be spent on. I just think something nice now and then like new clothing would help keep the game fresh.

K

Katlene

i want the other way round, a normal dye tub that dyes leather

F

Fink

i want the other way round, a normal dye tub that dyes leather
Eww..

I've seen normal-tub colours on leather and they're every one of them disgusting. Normal tubs have very flat, ugly hues on wearables.. even on furniture, most people think "default blue" is the hot ticket or something. Very few people use the normal tub hues to great effect. I think adding those hues to armour would only exacerbate the problem.

R

RavenWinterHawk

They were event rewards that were duped with hoards of other clothing via imprisoned dog. The dupe is gone.

Peope will say its brit guard sashes cut up. That might have been true to make the first robe but what you see now is old duped stuff. Legal to own, not legat to make and all that.

V

Vyrquenox

Eww..

I've seen normal-tub colours on leather and they're every one of them disgusting. Normal tubs have very flat, ugly hues on wearables.. even on furniture, most people think "default blue" is the hot ticket or something. Very few people use the normal tub hues to great effect. I think adding those hues to armour would only exacerbate the problem.
beauty is in the eye of the beholder. these statements reflect your opinion, they are not a bloody fact.

K

kilo729

beauty is in the eye of the beholder. these statements reflect your opinion, they are not a bloody fact.
No, it is a fact. The dye tub default colors are almost as bad as all the neon crap that's around thanks to the Tok dyes and the neon slimes. My eyes bleed sometimes just walking into luna.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
um ... but doesn't it seem logical that not everyone agrees, since people are using them?

(not that I'm saying I disagree - glacial colors are my pet peeve - bad memories at that changeling exploit slowly infecting the game)