• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Gold farming with a Peace Tamer

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I'm kind of new "again" in the game and need some advice on some good farming spots (safe + good loot). I'm trying to sort out my crafters so I can start to make money, but do far this is what I've been having the most fun with. I have no idea how people make tons of money now a days, but I don't think it's by selling ingots anymore...It looks so easy to get super rich now...how to they do it anyway?

I use a Nightmare + Rune Beetle (will start training in these hunts).

I have:
Animal Lore: 120
Animal Taming: 115
Veterinary: 112
Musicianship: 120
Peacemaking: 118
Magery: 100

I have been suggested to have some Chivalry (I guess the remaining 20 + Jewelry I can find), but I don't know exactly what do I need it for...removing curses from me + pets?

I found a similar post from 2009 Here, but it should be very outdated by now.

Thanks for any help.

Last edited:

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The information about the Fan Dancer Dojo (Succubi & Onis) is still relevant. They are not too tough for the returning tamer and will let you get back into practice. Swoops is still a good spot too.

There are several bosses since 2009 and several of the dungeons have been re-vamped (with a much better loot system. This page will help you figure out what is where: http://uo.stratics.com/database/view.php?db_content=hunters&welcome=yes. The new dungeons are on the left side; bosses on the right.

The re-vamped Shame is once again a challenge. There are some very profitable monsters in that dungeon. I recommend that dungeon if you want to get familiar with the new loot system. The Luck property makes a significant difference in the new loot system.

Stayin Alive,

BG

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
The information about the Fan Dancer Dojo (Succubi & Onis) is still relevant. They are not too tough for the returning tamer and will let you get back into practice. Swoops is still a good spot too.

There are several bosses since 2009 and several of the dungeons have been re-vamped (with a much better loot system. This page will help you figure out what is where: http://uo.stratics.com/database/view.php?db_content=hunters&welcome=yes. The new dungeons are on the left side; bosses on the right.

The re-vamped Shame is once again a challenge. There are some very profitable monsters in that dungeon. I recommend that dungeon if you want to get familiar with the new loot system. The Luck property makes a significant difference in the new loot system.

Stayin Alive,

BG
Thanks!

Good to know that the info is still valid.

I thought that the Swoop had become a lot harder after some patch.

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought that the Swoop had become a lot harder after some patch.
I enjoy Swooping (the act of hunting Swoop; my own verb in my guild).

Swoop started out ML too easy (easily killed it with a fresh tamed cu sidhe and some healing).
Then they cranked Swoop up to 11, sometime fall 07 (a fully trained Cu Sidhe would have a very hard time, with constant healing against a discorded target; a fresh tamed Cu Sidhe stood zero chance).
Shortly after, they dialed Swoop back to a reasonable foe, but still tougher than its original version (a fully trained Cu Sidhe can kill it, with vigilant healing; a fresh tamed Cu Sidhe can kill a discorded Swoop with constant healing).

Don't forget to cut it for feathers, they can bring a tidy sum (more so if you turn them into arrows/bolts).

Stayin Alive,

BG

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
So for a solo Peace Tamer these would be the best options for hunting. I guess there isn't any boss I could take down on my own, with a low spawn around it?

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You could probably do Navery as well, but she would take you a while. You only get about 2k gold from her, BUT the chance for a 15M Tangle might make it worth it to you.